TSN: Maple Leafs have offers for D Franson (prefer to re-sign him)

masarume

Aug 6, 2007
last time

If I'm dealing with you on a piece of property, and you offer to buy it at XX amount of dollars, I will tell you immediately what I want for it, if you say no or make a counter offer then we negotiate

What I don't do is walk away and have my cousin tweet out that your offer isn't good enough

If I did that I'm pretty sure you'd tell me I was being an jerk for allowing that to go public and any deal would be off the table, in fact I'd almost guarantee you would'nt be saying what a master manipulator of social media I was

that again is just for illustration purposes and obviously not a real scenario

but seriously this whole Nonis gives Dreger inside info is a myth created by Dreger using that distant familial connection to make it seem plausible

In your scenario there's only the two of us.
In the NHL there's 28 other GMs.

Using your scenario, based on how much the rest of the market was offering, I'd increase my offer if I feel that property has enough value and I was low-balling you. But if I know you won't keep your property (I doubt the Leafs want to keep Franson) and nobody else is going to offer anything higher, why would increase my offer?

They are men trying to run a business. They aren't going to complain that their feelings are hurt because you went out and increased demanded by creating better awareness.

The difference is, I WOULD be impressed by you. I guess that's where we differ.

masarume

Aug 6, 2007
Nonis should figure out what he's doing with Phaneuf before he re-signs Franson.

I have a feeling Shanahan has already figured out what he wants to do with Phaneuf. he's just waiting for things to play out. Either that or Phaneuf's staying.

Tyler Biggs*

Franson is probably a #4 guy, and I like him better on the PP than Phaneuf. If they can sign him for something reasonable, it would be foolish not to. Leafs still need a #1 though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad