The Star: Maple Leafs Exec Losing Sleep Over This Past Season

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
Great news, fans no longer tolerating garbage. Though I can't help but watch on TV, certainly wouldn't pay a cent to watch this current cesspool. Look at the passion that Jose Bautista played with when a pitch was thrown behind him, and then look at the passion the Leafs play with. I'm not paying to see Phil Kessel and Phaneuf crap the bed, with an idiot head coach, and AHL fillers such as Smith.

The only option to appease the fans, is to remove the problem where there is zero doubt to what that is. Glad there won't be any marketing (ie raptors "We the north") until there is an actual team, and not garbage masquerading as a team.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
No highlights?

Sorry...was in a hurry at the time that I posted so figured the link would suffice.

Basically they realize this was the worst season ever, get the frustration, and are also looking for a brand ambassador.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Sorry...was in a hurry at the time that I posted so figured the link would suffice.

Basically they realize this was the worst season ever, get the frustration, and are also looking for a brand ambassador.

Will Arnett or Jim Carey can be our Drake. :naughty:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

No worries. I tend to not click links.

What's a "brand ambassador"?

Un33q

Apr 8, 2010
Toronto
I like that they're waiting for the team to be good before rebranding it.

I dont even know if they have to wait until they are good. But they are probably waiting for a beacon of change. Seeing as how we just axed a bunch of people and the roster hasnt been touched yet. We have no coach, no GM, and no concrete roster. How are they going to rebrand? Gonna showcase Shanny/Dubas? We need faces to put with the brand to give hope and show change. The rebuild "should" help that.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
No worries. I tend to not click links.

What's a "brand ambassador"?

basically a cheerleader. Like. we're awesome. this is why we're awesome. support the ________________ because etc etc.

Will Arnet is a good choice (mostly because he's a Leafs fan).

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
basically a cheerleader. Like. we're awesome. this is why we're awesome. support the ________________ because etc etc.

Will Arnet is a good choice (mostly because he's a Leafs fan).

Sounds gimmicky, not a fan.

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
And he says season ticket-holders are remaining loyal, with 95 per cent having renewed already.

“We’ll exceed 99 per cent renewal,†he predicted.

of course

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Well Shanahan has been given the green light to make over a team that had a disappointing season.

He first has to hire a GM and a Coach (Futa and McLellan) then pick well at the draft and make some astute trades, as a fan I want to see effort to compete and a steady improvement, as this will take a number of years to get to a point where the Leafs can be thought of as a Stanley Cup contender.

MLSE is the architect of this problem, with the highest prices in the NHL and thinking people will pay those prices to watch a very bad team.

Un33q

Apr 8, 2010
Toronto
well. Will Arnet is a fan. so I said if they choose him it makes sense, because he's basically doing it now(ish).

We totally need a GOB

25058464.jpg

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Leafs don't need anyone like Drake.

Leafs Nation is the definition of fans who stick with the team through thick and thin, while Drake will go chasing around the team that is winning at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad