Low Effort GDT Maple Leafs at Sens - Game 1 - Tonight: 7 p.m., TSN, RDS - No Crosschecking the Leafs Edition Pt2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Two worst Sens tonight

Bad:
Anisimov: No hits. No blocks and a giveaway. -1.
Wolanin: No hits, no blocks. 2 giveaways - 1

*Wolanin prob had x10 that number of giveaway/turnovers/soft plays.
Pacquette didn’t make the greatest first impression

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
When Chabot scored his goal, strolling onto the slot, i was wondering if Dadonov was thinking hey you bumped me out of my spot.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
He didn’t look rusty - he looked underdeveloped - he isn’t the player that has been plastered around here constantly for 16 months.

Bring on Brann.

I agree Brannstrom should be up, but I'd like to see Smith give Wolanin a few more games. I would say he looked rusty tonight, his skating was not great which is not normally a deficiency in his game. Definitely made some bad plays but sending him down after one bad game wouldn't be helpful. I'd much rather give Wolanin a shot over Mike Reilly

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He took some time to adjust and started looking good in the 3rd period. I think he will start showing more next game.
He had a good shift or two in the third that I noticed, but if that's his typical game I'd rather Chlapik on the roster.

It's only game one, I won't get to low on him or too high on Paul, I'm sure his game will even out a bit as he gets more comfortable.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I agree Brannstrom should be up, but I'd like to see Smith give Wolanin a few more games. I would say he looked rusty tonight, his skating was not great which is not normally a deficiency in his game. Definitely made some bad plays but sending him down after one bad game wouldn't be helpful. I'd much rather give Wolanin a shot over Mike Reilly

Reilly is probably better - but Wolanin will get lots of games.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Thoughts:

- This was the Batherson and Nick Paul show. Batherson flashing the passing skills, and Nick Paul being everywhere at once.

- Anisimov is miscast on that 4th line. If they're going to play him on that team, they have to give most of his minutes on the PP but otherwise limit his minutes 5 vs 5. But I want to see White tomorrow.

- Dat 3rd line! Clearly Paul and Tierney were most visible, but C. Brown was low key a great contributor too, doing all the little things, especially defensively.

- Not a bad first game from Stutzle. Had some really nice plays. His line needs to gel.

- If Norris keeps playing like this, L. Brown will have to wait till the trade deadline for some room on the roster to open for him.

- The defense remains my main worry for this season. We need either Wolanin to regain his form, or for Brannstrom to somehow make his way to this roster and play with some confidence.

- Watson is an important piece of the puzzle. It's nice to have a guy with like that on the team, who brings the muscle and swagger and can actually play.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
- the Sens were the tougher team & it seemed to wear down the Leafs by the late 2nd. Mathews showed us he didn't like the physic al play against him in Montreal & he did nothing tonight when guys were hard on him again. Marner & Nylander were also ineffective.

- I thought Paul should have been a star tonight he had a very strong game & almost had a goal tonight.

- would love to see Anisimov sit tomorrow night & L. Brown replace him & they reunite the Paul, L. Brown & Batherson line.

- Ottawa's defence is big, tough, they hit hard & are hard to play against, finally.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Actually the pressure is all on the Leafs tomorrow. If they have cup aspirations they should have an answer for what the Sens did to them. If by chance the Sens play it close or actually win; it will say a lot about the Leafs desire and heart.

And it will also say a lot about our desire and heart. Which is a good thing.

I'm anxious to see how the kids react to an angry laffs team.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Thoughts:

- This was the Batherson and Nick Paul show. Batherson flashing the passing skills, and Nick Paul being everywhere at once.

- Anisimov is miscast on that 4th line. If they're going to play him on that team, they have to give most of his minutes on the PP but otherwise limit his minutes 5 vs 5. But I want to see White tomorrow.

- Dat 3rd line! Clearly Paul and Tierney were most visible, but C. Brown was low key a great contributor too, doing all the little things, especially defensively.

- Not a bad first game from Stutzle. Had some really nice plays. His line needs to gel.

- If Norris keeps playing like this, L. Brown will have to wait till the trade deadline for some room on the roster to open for him.

- The defense remains my main worry for this season. We need either Wolanin to regain his form, or for Brannstrom to somehow make his way to this roster and play with some confidence.

- Watson is an important piece of the puzzle. It's nice to have a guy with like that on the team, who brings the muscle and swagger and can actually play.
I would like to see Galchenyuk get in for Anisimov. Anisimov played 10:17 wit 2:19 of PP time. Even if Galchenyuk struggles he is still probably good for 8 minutes of even strength play and would likely do more with 2 minutes of powerplay time than Anisimov. He struggles with consistency but from what I remember he plays with more of an edge than both Anisimov and White. Maybe White gets in instead but I would personally prefer to see what Glachenyuk looks like and how he can contrbute.

Also I agree with the rest of your points.

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany