Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Oh look Zadorov only gets a fine. What a joke. So Nucks fans you said he did nothing wrong, why the fine then?

I think a fine was given because of the outcome. I think the league considers the action, intent, and outcome when deciding fines / suspensions.

In this case, Zadorov's action or intent were likely not fine worthy. But, given the outcome was McDavid getting cross checked in the face, a fine was given out.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Excellent summary. They also ignored the Canucks season sweep of the Oilers and the fact that they finished higher in the standings.
This series should probably have been assessed as a toss up with Demko in net and slight edge to the Oilers when he was hurt.
But to pick the Oilers as the Cup favourite with their goaltending and D was just downright delusional. All of Florida, NYR, Dallas, Colorado and Vegas are much better all round teams.
The King's series is what cemented this view. Plus a lot of wise guys thought the kings were better than the Canucks. Which wad delusional too

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Back to the game last night. There is a lot of coping going on by solely blaming Skinner and saying "look at the shot totals", but the shot totals flatter the Oilers last night. It was a combo of score effects with the Canucks defending a 2 goal lead and the Oilers firing from everywhere. The Canucks weren't exactly giving up that many grade A chances.

I might be a bit of a contrarian here but I think Skinner's performances in games 1 and 2 were worse. Boeser's 2 goals he had ALL DAY inside the faceoff circles. There is a big difference between a shooter being pressured in a high danger area with no room to maneuver and a shooter having time and space. Hronek had some really good chance early too with time and space right around the dots. Skinner isn't making the big saves though which you need in the playoffs.

Despite the complete lack of respect being given to the Canucks from outsiders, the Canucks chances look pretty good. McDraisatl is playing half the game which is totally unsustainable in what is now going to have to be a long series if the Oilers are going to win it. The Canucks are getting better contributions throughout their lineup, have better goaltending, are more physical, have a better defense and are playing pressure free and without baggage. Silovs was good last night, but he wasn't Hasek out there and this doesn't look like a goalie heater.

Funny: The Oilers are *still* the betting favourite in this series. This is ridiculous. The betting markets think its more likely than not that they win 3 out of 4 games. Hilarious!

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Oh look Zadorov only gets a fine. What a joke. So Nucks fans you said he did nothing wrong, why the fine then?
Fine is appropriate. The cross check on it's own was dirty but happens a lot in those types of scrum situations at the ends of games or when a team is down.

McDavid was actively being aggressive so i think that rules out a suspension but the fact Zadorov knocked him hard into Soucy and he got bent over and hit in the face it's the right call.

It was more egregious to see Nurse punch Pettersson in the head after smashing him into the end boards which was borderline when Pettersson had done nothing to provoke that kind of action and the intent was obvious.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Something that stood out to me:

How much the bench was celebrating the Zad penalty for tossing Kane over the boards. It’s almost like they knew it’s the only way to score and they had achieved a way to balance the scoring.

Then the reaction to the bench minor and all of them complaining when they realized they had to score 4 on 4 or 5 on 5.

No more smiles. Insane team culture.

Definitely should not have roughed Zadorov at that point.

They had the penalty. Then they got one.

Aug 3, 2021
Did I see some people say the Oilers dominated the Canucks last night? When balanced out, it was pretty even.The difference was the Canucks' third string g goaltender is better than the Oilers first.

View attachment 869948
I think they're just used to saying stuff that is factually untrue in that echo chamber of theirs. It doesn't work so well on the main boards.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Soucy's been getting destroyed 5v5 this series, scoring chances at 5v5 are 21-7 for Edmonton with him on the ice. The real punishment would be forcing Vancouver to play him more.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Canuck fans, serious question: Is it realistic to think Demko can come back this series? I've seen reports he may get back for Game 5 or 6. Likely or unlikely?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Canuck fans, serious question: Is it realistic to think Demko can come back this series? I've seen reports he may get back for Game 5 or 6. Could that happen or is it unlikely?

I don’t think there’s anything confirmed just speculation it’s possible. He has been skating with the team for a bit though

Reactions: Just Rude

NailsHoglander

Feb 20, 2024
The Oilers chances are pretty slim, particularly when the Canucks powerplay is outperforming theirs.

Did I see some people say the Oilers dominated the Canucks last night? When balanced out, it was pretty even.The difference was the Canucks' third string g goaltender is better than the Oilers first.

View attachment 869948

They certainly dominated the giveaway department

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canuck fans, serious question: Is it realistic to think Demko can come back this series? I've seen reports he may get back for Game 5 or 6. Likely or unlikely?
Not sure. Yesterday Tocchet said he’s taking shots now. Supposed to be ready by game 5 and seems on track.
Ideally if Silovs can keep this up you hold Demko out until next series.

Reactions: M2Beezy

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I wonder if it matters too much at this point.

Silovs has done well enough that they can probably play it safe.

Reactions: Just Rude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad