News Article: Maple Leafs are on Rick Nash's 12 Team Trade List

SportsJunkie

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
He is fine if you sell JVR for a nice return and then get Nash for less than we got for JVR + he agrees to sign a 6m x 2y

I think we can fit that.

Disagree...Moving JVR is almost impossible right now. He will net us some picks/prospects but if we are trying to win that is a bit silly...JVR has a role on this team NOW that even Nash can't fill in this stage of his career. I like Nash but he just doesn't fit if we do bring a forward in it's purely for depth a center/locker room guy.

Would i like Nash? Sure but the deal would have to be lopsided which won't happen...

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Had to wait till page #5, but there it was Nash taking Hymans spot...although I think it was tongue and cheek, but there was a Nylander to centre in the middle pages which i think was serious

anybody been watching the games the last couple of years, why in dawgs name would you break up Matty and Willie:rolleyes:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leaf fans should be excited about the fact that he put us on his list because what it shows that players are starting to see Toronto as a place they want to play and a place that they think they can win first it was Marleau, then it was Thornton who didn't come but did take the meeting which in and of itself shows how far we have come, now we know Rick Nash sees us as a team he can win with.

It's all good signs

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Had to wait till page #5, but there it was Nash taking Hymans spot...although I think it was tongue and cheek, but there was a Nylander to centre in the middle pages which i think was serious

anybody been watching the games the last couple of years, why in dawgs name would you break up Matty and Willie:rolleyes:

Well, it has to happen next year or we are going hunting with picks in hand for a good C. We don't have ANYTHING in the system.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well, it has to happen next year or we are going hunting with picks in hand for a good C. We don't have ANYTHING in the system.

Nylander does not ever have to go to center

there is literally no need to break up Nylander and Matthews

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Nylander does not ever have to go to center

there is literally no need to break up Nylander and Matthews

Crosby and Malkin play when necessary; but better to spread offense in future. When team is down you can re-unite the dynamic-duo for offense in times of need other than that spread the offense make it harder for teams to match against the Leafs

Hyman-Matthews-Kappy
Soshnikov-Willy-Brown ("no" sheltering required)
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
4th line

Lou should have traded Bozak/JVR in the off-season - we would have had about 8M in cap-space to find some help and valuable help at that.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Crosby and Malkin play when necessary; but better to spread offense in future. When team is down you can re-unite the dynamic-duo for offense in times of need other than that spread the offense make it harder for teams to match against the Leafs

Hyman-Matthews-Kappy
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
4th line

Lou should have traded Bozak/JVR in the off-season - we would have had about 8M in cap-space to find some help and valuable help at that.

That is not a 2nd line I like both Sosh and Brown but they aren't 2nd liners particularly ib Sosh's case

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008

Hyman-Matthews-Kappy
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
4th line

Willy isnt a top 10 player in the NHL. That the difference between him in Malkin.
Also, its clear that while Matthews is the better player, he does benefit from Nylander, as Willy can find him like on Saturday, while Willy's puck control ability also allows Matthews to go to the net and get open without drawing coverage.

No need to break them up any time soon. Now if Willy can play every game with the same energy and Defensive commitment we have seen the last week, I might change that

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
No but you can get away with that because he's with 2 1st line guys right now.

You have Nylander with at best a 4th line guy in Sosh, and a 3rd line guy in Brown that does not work

Brown scored 20 goals last season. He is not a 3rd line guy; his production this season is a result of him mostly playing on 4th line and Martin and Moore AND now he is stuck with Bozak/JVR

Soshnikov is not really your 4th line guy. Hell even if you are so miffed with Soshnikov then one can replace him by someone more competent top6 with Willy playing center

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Willy isnt a top 10 player in the NHL. That the difference between him in Malkin.
Also, its clear that while Matthews is the better player, he does benefit from Nylander, as Willy can find him like on Saturday, while Willy's puck control ability also allows Matthews to go to the net and get open without drawing coverage.

No need to break them up any time soon. Now if Willy can play every game with the same energy and Defensive commitment we have seen the last week, I might change that

Agree that Willy is no Malkin; that said; Willy's defensive game is much better than Bozak. Also, in a sheltered role Willy can thrive while Bozak is pretty much done!

Right now when Matthews-Willy play together one can just check them together; if they played separately it will not be easy to check 3 scoring lines Leafs will have out.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Brown scored 20 goals last season. He is not a 3rd line guy; his production this season is a result of him mostly playing on 4th line and Martin and Moore AND now he is stuck with Bozak/JVR

Soshnikov is not really your 4th line guy. Hell even if you are so miffed with Soshnikov then one can replace him by someone more competent top6 with Willy playing center

Or and I am just throwing this out here, we could Keep Willy and Matthews together because it clearly works

Keep Kadri has the #2 C because Marner Kadri Marleau clearly works

and replace Bozak as #3 center

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton

e30a-2015520-babcock-leafs.jpg-resize_then_crop-_frame_bg_color_FFF-h_1365-gravity_center-q_70-preserve_ratio_true-w_2048_.jpg

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Or and I am just throwing this out here, we could Keep Willy and Matthews together because it clearly works

Keep Kadri has the #2 C because Marner Kadri Marleau clearly works

and replace Bozak as #3 center

To be successful in the modern NHL you need three good scoring lines. By spreading the offense you do that. Nylander is a center; eventually he will be playing center. You can keep denying it all you want.

It is almost like suggesting playing Toews and Kane together ALL THE TIME because that's the best dynamic duo. No team in NHL always stacks their lines.

Even Tampa is running Stamkos and Kucherov separately to create match-up headaches for opposition.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
To be successful in the modern NHL you need three good scoring lines. By spreading the offense you do that. Nylander is a center; eventually he will be playing center. You can keep denying it all you want.

It is almost like suggesting playing Toews and Kane together ALL THE TIME because that's the best dynamic duo. No team in NHL always stacks their lines.

Even Tampa is running Stamkos and Kucherov separately to create match-up headaches for opposition.

Upgrading Bozak does give you 3 scoring lines, you don't need Nylander at center to achieve that

Hyman Matthews Nylander

Marleau Kadri Marner

Brown ? Kapenan get the right #3 center and you have 3 scoring lines

Then again I am high on Kapenan.

Or you could take a run at Domi and run

Hyman Matthews Nylander

Domi Kadri Marner

Marleau ? Brown

Either way all you need to do is replace Bozak

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Upgrading Bozak does give you 3 scoring lines, you don't need Nylander at center to achieve that

Hyman Matthews Nylander

Marleau Kadri Marner

Brown ? Kapenan get the right #3 center and you have 3 scoring lines

Then again I am high on Kapenan.

Or you could take a run at Domi and run

Hyman Matthews Nylander

Domi Kadri Marner

Marleau ? Brown

Either way all you need to do is replace Bozak

Where did Domi come into play? That 3rd line center better produce at min. 45-50 points; or else it is not really 3 scoring lines.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Where did Domi come into play? That 3rd line center better produce at min. 45-50 points; or else it is not really 3 scoring lines.

Domi would be a guy I'd like to see brought in if Arizona is dumb enough to deal him, I think he has a ton of talent he had 52 points at 20 years old, he is still only 22 I think if you put him with Kadri and Marner you could have a hell of a line there but he's dying in Arizona.

as for the #3 center I kind of think they are going to take another run at Thornton just like we know they did last year

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Domi would be a guy I'd like to see brought in if Arizona is dumb enough to deal him, I think he has a ton of talent he had 52 points at 20 years old, he is still only 22 I think if you put him with Kadri and Marner you could have a hell of a line there but he's dying in Arizona.

as for the #3 center I kind of think they are going to take another run at Thornton just like we know they did last year
isnt Jumbo hurt?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad