News Article: Maple Leafs are on Rick Nash's 12 Team Trade List

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
Not a player we should be going for at this time. I don't see any reason to do anything to be honest. Were rolling. No need to do anything. Keep building and piling up those picks.

Reactions: 7even

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Not a player we should be going for at this time. I don't see any reason to do anything to be honest. Were rolling. No need to do anything. Keep building and piling up those picks.

How many picks and prospects do we need? If you haven't noticed, we have no space for them now.

How often do you get your superstars on entry level and you vets on expiring good deals... Go for it now.

They didn't sign Marleau to keep rolling. They are not keeping JVR to keep rolling. They are buying at least for the next two years.

Time to cut the cord and acknowledge this team is ready to contend ala Chicago in 2009 and Pittsburgh in 2008.

Post lockout, Pittsburgh in 2007 made the playoffs for the first time and lost in the first round, in 2008 they traded for Hossa and went to the finals.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Lindros, Nieuwendyk, Roberts and Francis.....
Lindros wasn't the same guy, I wouldn't count him, total reclaimation project

Roberts played 5 years after he left here and as good as he was, he wasn't on the Nash/Marleau level for his career

we traded for Francis, so it wasn't his choice, and he played 24 total games for us including playoffs

Nieuwendyk, sure I guess

those were all in a different version of the Leafs that was thought to be pretty good too, the Marleau signing/Nash trade list to me signals how that market is interpreting this version

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Domi would be a guy I'd like to see brought in if Arizona is dumb enough to deal him, I think he has a ton of talent he had 52 points at 20 years old, he is still only 22 I think if you put him with Kadri and Marner you could have a hell of a line there but he's dying in Arizona.

as for the #3 center I kind of think they are going to take another run at Thornton just like we know they did last year
Domi would cost Brown+ which I would do but I don't know if the club would. Jumbo is too old and likely too slow now. Maybe sign him for a year max except for the money he would expect. Marleau was a serious overpayment and Joe will be looking for something similar.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Well, it has to happen next year or we are going hunting with picks in hand for a good C. We don't have ANYTHING in the system.

I'd be surprised if it did(Nylander at C), I don't think they see him in that role,

Don't count out Aaltonen, that kid can really play, Adam Brooks may be ready in 2 years, and then there's the upcoming UFA class, not necessarily Tavares(it would be nice) but there are some other guys that look like they can fit as 3/4 centres, including our own guy who might want to play here, depending on money

Reactions: griffon1

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
How many picks and prospects do we need? If you haven't noticed, we have no space for them now.

How often do you get your superstars on entry level and you vets on expiring good deals... Go for it now.

They didn't sign Marleau to keep rolling. They are not keeping JVR to keep rolling. They are buying at least for the next two years.

Time to cut the cord and acknowledge this team is ready to contend ala Chicago in 2009 and Pittsburgh in 2008.

Post lockout, Pittsburgh in 2007 made the playoffs for the first time and lost in the first round, in 2008 they traded for Hossa and went to the finals.

I agree we need to add bigger pieces at some point. It probably is sooner than later. But I don't think that target should be nash. I'd rather target a guy like JT. Maybe if a top defensemen becomes available.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
It won't be us that gets Nash because other teams want him worse. The Leafs are over the limit with forwards and have had to can guys like Leivo, Kapanen and now Martin. We won't pay what a team like Nashville will. The cost would be at least Leivo and our first rounder as NYR is re tooling, then Nashville will beat it as we chase a vet Dman.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I would want Nash if it got Hyman off of Matthew's wing.

Nylander - Matthews - Nash
Marleau - Kadri - Marner

Now that's a top 6.
Nash in no way shape or form can keep up with Matthews and Nylander!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad