Rosen - Liljegren

Anderson
xx

Let’s go!!

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Panarin would be awesome, we could use an elite LW'er to balance things out. But that ship sailed when we signed Tavares. We just don't have the space, sadly. Very sadly...

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
I think so too.

Gardiner $4,050,000
Hainsey $3,000,000
Brown $2,100,000
Marleau $6,250,000

thats $15.4 mill sooo........

So you're saying that Panarin can play 2 defense spots and 2 forward spots all simultaneously?

Its great that you can clear 15m that easily, but you still need to fill those positions with players that carry at least league minimum salaries.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think so too.

Gardiner $4,050,000
Hainsey $3,000,000
Brown $2,100,000
Marleau $6,250,000

thats $15.4 mill sooo........

This is also when we trade nylander for a trouba/parayko/pietrangelo

Kadri can also be moved...it is possible but so much needs to be moved around, probability is VERY low

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
And then you have to consider 11M for Matthews, 10M for Marner, 3-4M for Kap, and 1-2M for Johnsson, plus all the other small holes that will need to be filled.

Panarin ain't coming.

this is way off. Brown scored 20 goals and got 2.1mill so please keep that in mind when thinking about Kapanen making anything for that.

If people think kapanen and Jonsson will be making more money than Brown or Hyman then the just wont be on the team cause they wont fit in the cap.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
this is way off. Brown scored 20 goals and got 2.1mill so please keep that in mind when thinking about Kapanen making anything for that.

If people think kapanen and Jonsson will be making more money than Brown or Hyman then the just wont be on the team cause they wont fit in the cap.

Brown will be traded if it comes down to him or Kapanen. They're not going to lose Kapanen to accommodate Brown.

Also, Kapanen is a legit blue chip who is only going to continue to get better. Brown's 20 goal season has zero relevance. That was his ceiling.

My guess is 3-4 range for Kapanen.

Johnsson I agree won't get more than Hyman and Brown.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Brown will be traded if it comes down to him or Kapanen. They're not going to lose Kapanen to accommodate Brown.

Also, Kapanen is a legit blue chip who is only going to continue to get better. Brown's 20 goal season has zero relevance. That was his ceiling.

My guess is 3-4 range for Kapanen.

Johnsson I agree won't get more than Hyman and Brown.

Kapanen in a Leafs uniform past this season wont have an AAV over 2.5mill thats fact.

If Kapanen was truly a blue chip he would have made a NHL roster before this season.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON

in 49 games played this season, Kapanen is just 6 points shy of Brown's career high, and has a much higher ceiling. Kapanen knows this, his agent knows this, and the team knows this.

and even if I'm "way off", the 1M-2M difference isn't going to be the difference between Panarin signing or not at 8M+

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Kapanen in a Leafs uniform past this season wont have an AAV over 2.5mill thats fact.

If Kapanen was truly a blue chip he would have made a NHL roster before this season.

so you're saying he didn't make an NHL roster last season? Didn't have 55 NHL regular season games, and 13 playoff games prior to the 2018/2019 season?

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Maybe if we lose Matthews to an offer sheet? But by that time Panarin would have already been signed. Plus there's a 0.1% chance he even gets offer sheeted.

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
If we can get Panarin as a free agent and sign him to the same deal as Nylander, will that upgrade us?
I mean Nylander hasn't even hit his peak yet and Panarin is supposed to be starting to decline, right?

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I think the Leafs could move on from Marleau and Brown to make it work.

add up Marleau and Brown (6.25+2.1) = 8.46 mill would that be enough to get him signed long term??

$8.5 million probably isn't enough and you have have to factor in the player that replaces Brown on the roster, so it's more like $7.5 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad