TSN: Maple Leafs and Panarin have history....Very interesting

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Trade Marner and sign Panarin????
That would be interesting indeed.
Could you imagine the assets you would command in a Marner Trade?

Reactions: 81Leafs50

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Only thang is is we ready to pull the trigger on trading nylander and gardiner for Nutivaara/Savard and Panarin. Now that's that shakesphere question y'all know what I'm talking bout

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Who needs defense when you can score 8 goals a game? :laugh:

It's ridiculous to even think about but for the fun of it...

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Panarin - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Kadri - Kapanen
Brown - Goat - Moore

PP 1

Matthews - Tavares - Panarin
Marner - Rielly

PP2

Kapanen - Kadri - Nylander
Johnsson - Muzzin

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Who needs defense when you can score 8 goals a game? :laugh:

It's ridiculous to even think about but for the fun of it...

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Panarin - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Kadri - Kapanen
Brown - Goat - Moore

PP 1

Matthews - Tavares - Panarin
Marner - Rielly

PP2

Kapanen - Kadri - Nylander
Johnsson - Muzzin

Panarin - Matthews - Kapanen
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Johnsson - - Kadri - - Nylander

THATS DISGUSTING!​

I'm loving what I am seeing guys and gals!!!

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Would be amazing if we traded Nylander for picks/prospects (won't happen based on Dubas' comments though) + somehow get rid of Marleau and his cap hit and then sign Panarin in the off-season. Pipe dream.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
If Panarin was willing to take a discount to come to the Leafs i.e. 8.5M to 9M then yes it's possible and would be a good move.

However, we'd be waiving goodbye to Nylander and looking for a top ELC Dman as the return ala Drouin/Sergachev deal.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Would be amazing if we traded Nylander for picks/prospects (won't happen based on Dubas' comments though) + somehow get rid of Marleau and his cap hit and then sign Panarin in the off-season. Pipe dream.
If the Leafs traded Nylander in a package for a top pairing RHD, then somehow offloaded Marleau and Zaitsev and then signed Panarin....the boards would crash and wouldn't be operational for years :laugh:

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
I think looking into the idea of acquiring Artemi Panarin is a very interesting idea. Signing him on July 1st is not logistically possible, though.

Columbus no doubt still wants to compete, but in the same breath they can't lose these players for nothing. So trading them for NHLers mixed with futures makes the most sense. Not many teams can make that type of deal, but I feel the Leafs can make it work.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I think the Leafs could move on from Marleau and Brown to make it work.

add up Marleau and Brown (6.25+2.1) = 8.46 mill would that be enough to get him signed long term??
If they are serious about keeping him the leafs will need that money to re-sign Muzzin. Well probably about half of it.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
I think so too.

Gardiner $4,050,000
Hainsey $3,000,000
Brown $2,100,000
Marleau $6,250,000

thats $15.4 mill sooo........
And then you have to consider 11M for Matthews, 10M for Marner, 3-4M for Kap, and 1-2M for Johnsson, plus all the other small holes that will need to be filled.

Panarin ain't coming.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
I guess the only way if some team "offer sheets" Marner way too high for the Leafs to match. Then maybe the Leafs have cap to sign Panarin, plus the Leafs now have 4 first rounders.

No way, Marner just like Tavares will take less to play for his hometown team.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
No way, Marner just like Tavares will take less to play for his hometown team.

I agree. Marner has to see the benefits of being a live long life on a good team, maybe even a Cup winner. Look how the Cup winners of the 60s are still revered. Also the stars from later years who often played on bad teams. Lots of happiness in your home town and big financial benefits also. Plus he gets to sleep in parents basement rent free if he wants.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I think the Leafs could move on from Marleau and Brown to make it work.

add up Marleau and Brown (6.25+2.1) = 8.46 mill would that be enough to get him signed long term??
Guessing Auston and Mitch have first dibs on any of that money if it becomes available
Or Kap or Jake or.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad