Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Expected Goals all situations
Pitt: 1.99
Tor: 2.31

With both teams having mediocre goalies, this would be a nicely contest, high skill affair.
Jesus, but I do think it's tough to judge anything with the game out of reach so early

Reactions: Merrrlin

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I thought Freddie was a popular guy in the room. But he's getting the Babcock effort infront of him lol I really don't care why, I just want wins. If that's Campbell, then let's go Soupy
I'm not disagreeing withave out at the slightest. But what I don't get is that this team has wanted a back up for soo soo long and now that they have one (campbell and anderson choose one) they seem to only play for caampbell. From offense to defejse, they look like two different teams, and some of it 8s on Andy's play, but this team plays terrible defense infront of him, it is as if this team can't win if they don't get 2 to 3 high light saves a game, and they won't always get those in the playoffs

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
So much easier on the heart to think we just need to switch goalies or get 1 more dman and then we'll be good.

It's harder to accept that some of the players we have loved in the past will need to go if this team ever wants to win anything.

Honestly, better goaltending would make a huge difference, and so would a top 4 RD. Not sure why you are downplaying that. We cannot expect to win games when 1 in 5 shots against go in, despite having more scoring chances than our opponents (ignore the Buffalo game...:) )

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
Gotta feel for Keefe. He was handed a team that didn't want to do what it takes to win. If they keep on this downward slide he will be tainted and take some of the blame. The truth is this is all on Dubas and ultimately Shanahan for putting a no talent, know nothing kid in that job.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Expected Goals all situations
Pitt: 1.99
Tor: 2.31

With both teams having mediocre goalies, this would be a nicely contest, high skill affair.
The fact that Pittsburgh had like 4 tap in goals that are scored like 80% of the time minimum and yet only had a 1.99 expected goals show that it is a flawed stat.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Hahahahahahahahahaaa

hhahahahaha
you're still gonna watch the rest of the regular season games
hahahahaha
then when we make the playoffs you'll cheer for them loud and proud like you always believed in them
hahahahaha

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Every Leafs defenseman is playing too high in the line-up.

Andersen has no idea what to do with the puck, and probably saw Campbell and thought, "hey I can do that."

No you can't, and you've never been good at it.
Ya your right he is better

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
With Crosby being my favourite player in the league after rielly atleast he ends up showing these kids how to play.

If our big 3 lost were legally contracted to spend the summer with Crosby and follow his trianing regime they would come back much better players on both ends of the ice

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
The fact that Pittsburgh had like 4 tap in goals that are scored like 80% of the time minimum and yet only had a 1.99 expected goals show that it is a flawed shot.

Or maybe it's reasonable to expect a goalie to make a difficult save once in a while?

I've caught a few Lightning games recently, Vasilevsky bails them out all the time. It's okay to expect Andersen to make a save once in a while.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
This is another worry of mine.

Dubas entire career in the nhl will make or break over the next two seasons. So he'll do whatever he can to save his career short term, at the expense of the team long term. I'm concerned about it.

It's yes another reason why I think it was a bad idea choosing a rookie gm when we did. A veteran could plan long term, and if it doesn't work out, can still get a job.

This is exactly what I’m thinking too. I hope Shanahan comes to his senses, although I doubt he will, and doesn’t allow Dubas to make anymore trades, and then fires him after the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad