GDT: Maple Leafs (31-21-8) @ Penguins (36-15-6) | 7:00 PM EST | SN, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
I agree with this 100%, but I think the top down philosophy is a decent one ... if you trust the league to do what they say they are going to do as far as calling penalties.

this leaf team should not be getting 1, 2 or zero power plays a night. They should be getting 5-6 the way they play. I believe that’s a big reason why it’s built the way it is, catch other teams reaching with sticks and small infractions and play a lot on the power play.

That’s not what the league is doing with its officiating though.

But I haven’t seen a very good PP lately. Sometimes they do well to get it in the zone.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Bull****. He's to blame as much as anyone but to lay the blame at the feet of one player is just burying your head in teh sand. The team top to bottom outside of one month this year, has been ****ing trash.
Blaming literally the whole team for being trash may be the most emotional response, but that doesn't mean it's the right one

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Love Jason Spezza, but when he's your man-of-the-match it's time to blow the whole thing up.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
whenever Gauthier has the puck they can just replace anything they say with "Biggest guy on the ice skates in wide and gets pushed off the puck"

bennerwha

Mar 30, 2009
this reminds me of when the leafs were getting ready to trade andreychuk, gilmour etc
this team knows it goes nowhere and are waiting to be traded
bye
barrie
tavares
kapanen
gauthier
kerfoot
spezza
clifford
anderson

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
So much easier on the heart to think we just need to switch goalies or get 1 more dman and then we'll be good.

It's harder to accept that some of the players we have loved in the past will need to go if this team ever wants to win anything.
[Like]!

It is getting very close to the point where heads are going to roll, or changes made. Maybe we are already there.

:baghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->