IPS

Sep 28, 2017
HDSV% 2019/2020

Johnathon Bernier : 84.66

Mackenzie Blackwood : 83.33

Sergei Bobrovsky : 81.22

Craig Anderson: 76.22

Frederik Andersen: 76.88

Those are the starting goalies on the teams with worse GA than us and 3/4 of them have been far better than Freddy. Freddy's November is keeping him from being the worst. You have to be in complete denial if you don't think goaltending hasn't been a major issue.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If Leafs lose again tonight and allow 3+ goals, I am going with JC the next game. If he wins that game, I will go with him every game till he loses.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We might crumble Jarry unda presha tonight because he's starting hard against us. If he ain't playing a fine game now, since he ain't playing-a-lot lately, he might crumble under presha.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Hey looks guys, it's the Maple Leafs multi-nominated MVP according to some here. 57th overall in Even Strength SV% since Jan 6th. Where would we be this year with goalies that gave us a chance?

View attachment 322705

This is exactly why I say that people shouldn't be putting blame on certain people as much as they should on the goaltending.

Now, I'm not saying the Leafs are the Devils Dynasty teams when it comes to defence, but it isn't their defence that is leading to these save percentages.

How many games could you honestly say since that time that Andersen was the better goalie in the game?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
HDSV% 2019/2020

Those are the starting goalies on the teams with worse GA than us and 3/4 of them have been far better than Freddy. Freddy's November is keeping him from being the worst. You have to be in complete denial if you don't think goaltending hasn't been a major issue.

Maybe there's more to it... like Freddie has been hurting from something else a lot of the season, but that's not great.

Big fan of Andy, but he needs to turn his game around here a bit... Leafs need to go on a big run.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Everyone cares about Marincin but to me Gauthier on the 3rd line is a far bigger problem. I can't believe that's the plan to get offense from the 3rd line, he's probably the least offensively skilled guy in the lineup (him or Clifford)

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
This is exactly why I say that people shouldn't be putting blame on certain people as much as they should on the goaltending.

Now, I'm not saying the Leafs are the Devils Dynasty teams when it comes to defence, but it isn't their defence that is leading to these save percentages.

How many games could you honestly say since that time that Andersen was the better goalie in the game?
I only remember him being the better goalie for a few weeks back in November 2019. It's a shame we've had one of our better rosters this year but goaltending has been a big let down, and injuries have only made everything look worse.

Reactions: X66

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Everyone cares about Marincin but to me Gauthier on the 3rd line is a far bigger problem. I can't believe that's the plan to get offense from the 3rd line, he's probably the least offensively skilled guy in the lineup (him or Clifford)
Yeah that's a disgusting 3rd line honestly, but offensive guys on the Marlies like Petan and Aberg haven't proven to be reliable up here so what can we do until we get healthy

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Is there a stat that adjusts for High Danger chances?

I feel like it's a lot easier to be be a .920 goalie on certain other teams.
Stats are 5v5.

Screenshot_20200218-160958_Firefox.jpg

Look at his giveaways too.

Screenshot_20200218-161117_Firefox.jpg

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
HDSV% 2019/2020

That shows everything, yeah our defense sucks but it’s not worse than Florida, Jersey or Detroit. Yet our goaltending is easily the worst looking at that list.....

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Why is Marincin playing. HOW does he still have a JOB. If anyone else, in any other profession in the world was that incompetent they would've lost their job ages ago.
Maybe he'll play better because it's his birthday but not hopeful with Andersen in net/Marincin on the blue line.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have to agree, swap Gauthier with Spezza.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Yay for 10 game sample sizes to paint a bad picture..
Well ofcourse there had to be one person to use the "sample size" remark.

This just speaks from Jan 6th. Fred's issues go way back before then. Just because team won him some games in December doesn't mean he was his usual self. Team was supporting him with 4-7 goals. Now that offense has dried up a bit he can't make timely saves worth a damn.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Well ofcourse there had to be one person to use the "sample size" remark.

This just speaks from Jan 6th. Fred's issues go way back before then. Just because team won him some games in December doesn't mean he was his usual self. Team was supporting him with 4-7 goals. Now that offense has dried up a bit he can't make timely saves worth a damn.
Guaranteed Fred's numbers improve dramatically before January 6. In the two games prior he had a .938 and a .963 save percentage.

At the same time, I'd agree he's been poor this season.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Y'all is talking like Andersen is done..... mayne he a long way from that sires and sirettes. Tonight y'all gon witness that again and again. Y'all have forgotten pretty fast how great andy is. Mayne that one tough cookie. He can win games big tyme(!) When he decides to bring it, its trump huge. He got game like spike lee do. And I ain't forgetting that there. He a reason and there's a reason he been our number one for years. Saving our rear ends and poorly managed Defense and corps. He like the corpral of all for us still. What!

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This would be a good night to turn up and put in a full 60 minute effort because if we don't were going to get hammered

Man do we need to start sorting things out, asap

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
This would be a good night to turn up and put in a full 60 minute effort because if we don't were going to get hammered

Man do we need to start sorting things out, asap
Imagine if Florida wasn’t tanking hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad