Confirmed with Link: Manning/Norell to EDM for Caggiula/Garrison

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I like him. He’s been on the fourth line to start but he’s been pretty noticeable. A lot of posters (myself included) would like to see him get a chance to play with some actual skill in the top 9.
By the end of last nights game, wasn't he on a line with Anisimov and Strome, and Kane moved to Debrincat, Kampf line? I thought I saw that, anyway.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Hope Caggiula continues to grow with you guys. I think you will enjoy his tenacity and hard work. And every so often he throws these massive hits. Perfectly serviceable 3/4th line winger who can play up in the lineup in a pinch.

Pretty much the exact player we need in EDM but we needed this manning guy who is not very good and is now warming up the press box.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
HAHAHAHA even if Bowman just gave Manning to Edmonton for nothing in return, it would've been a fleecing.

Truth be told, I was mentally preparing myself to be okay with trading him for something along these lines:

To [insert team here]:
Manning
Chicago 2019 3rd

To Chicago:
[insert buried minor league contract here]
[insert team here] 2019 5th

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Hope Caggiula continues to grow with you guys. I think you will enjoy his tenacity and hard work. And every so often he throws these massive hits. Perfectly serviceable 3/4th line winger who can play up in the lineup in a pinch.

Pretty much the exact player we need in EDM but we needed this manning guy who is not very good and is now warming up the press box.
Even better news. You have him for 1 more year.

If you read this board, literally only one poster and Eddie Olczyk liked Manning.

Since Chia still needs a DMen, can we interest you in a:

* 3 time Stanley Cup Winner
* Former All Star
* Olympic Gold Medalist
* Only 33 years old with close to 450 points in his career
* Healthy

Since we feel bad about Manning, we'll only take a 4th rounder in return.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Sounds like Shaw Jr.minus the stupidity

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Even better news. You have him for 1 more year.

If you read this board, literally only one poster and Eddie Olczyk liked Manning.

Since Chia still needs a DMen, can we interest you in a:

* 3 time Stanley Cup Winner
* Former All Star
* Olympic Gold Medalist
* Only 33 years old with close to 450 points in his career
* Healthy

Since we feel bad about Manning, we'll only take a 4th rounder in return.

Seabrook for Manning sounds good to me.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Saw this video pop on the main page for Youtube. Highlight video from one of the better guys who makes Hawks highlight videos.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
The more I think about this trade the less I can wrap my head around it from an Oilers perspective. Chia had all the leverage here and still got bent over a barrel on value. Everyone around the league knew that the hawks needed to move out a defenseman with Jokiharju coming back from the WJC and everyone getting healthy. It was widely reported by hawks beats that Manning had negative trade value and they would have to eat salary or give up a peice to move him... yet they were “aggressively trying to move him”.

Not only did Chia not wait a few more days until joki came back and Stans hands would be tied, he actually gave up a peice of some value to acquire someone who played less than 30minutes until his coach realized he was trash and took him out of the lineup. It’s insane this guy has had a job for as long as he has.

I clearly got into the wrong business because it seems like you can be actively awful in your hockey management job and you’ll still get hired somewhere as long as you have the expirence.

Last edited:

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
The more I think about this trade the less I can wrap my head around it from an Oilers perspective. Chia had all the leverage here and still got bent over a barrel on value. Everyone around the league knew that the hawks needed to move out a defenseman with Jokiharju coming back from the WJC and everyone getting healthy. It was widely reported by hawks beats that Manning had negative trade value and they would have to eat salary or give up a peice to move him... yet they were “aggressively trying to move him”.

Not only did Chia not wait a few more days until joki came back and Stans hands would be tied, he actually gave up a peice of some value to acquire someone who played less than 30minutes until his coach realized he was trash and took him out of the lineup. It’s insane this guy has had a job for as long as he has.

I clearly got into the wrong business because it seems like you can be actively awful in your hockey management job and you’ll still get hired somewhere as long as you have the expirence.
I tell people all the time: if you want to get into hockey management, f***ing go for it. If you can find an in, there's no reason you couldn't make a career out of it.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I tell people all the time: if you want to get into hockey management, ****ing go for it. If you can find an in, there's no reason you couldn't make a career out of it.

Yeah, you’re right. Just get a job in the business/PR side and then you’re in. After that, just need to work your way over to the hockey side.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
We're still so confused here in Edmonton why this happened. Manning is again, a healthy scratch for tonight's game.

How can Chia possibly be that disconnected from what Hitch is looking for...like did he not ask him to go back and watch tape from Manning play this year or did chia just fire off the trade like a complete idiot when the contract has term and cant be buried for free...

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
How can Chia possibly be that disconnected from what Hitch is looking for...like did he not ask him to go back and watch tape from Manning play this year or did chia just fire off the trade like a complete idiot when the contract has term and cant be buried for free...

Apparently Chia had a Manning trade lined up a year or two ago and the coaching staff nixed it. Maybe he learned his lesson by leaving out specifics like the players name when running it by the coach.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Apparently Chia had a Manning trade lined up a year or two ago and the coaching staff nixed it. Maybe he learned his lesson by leaving out specifics like the players name when running it by the coach.

upload_2019-1-10_13-43-56.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad