Confirmed with Link: Manning/Norell to EDM for Caggiula/Garrison

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Apparently Chia had a Manning trade lined up a year or two ago and the coaching staff nixed it. Maybe he learned his lesson by leaving out specifics like the players name when running it by the coach.
I saw Chia doing the interview on this saying last year they tried to trade for Manning so he asked mcDavid if he would be cool with it since manning was the one who hurt him..McDavid said yeah whatever..lol.,..pretty much how Chia said it, so they wanted this clown at least last year - obviously EDM were one of the "other" rumored teams interested in him for free agency...but Chicago got him...this is just so much fail for their GM, he is honestly, hands down the worst GM in the league. how you can trade off Seguin then Hall in your tenure as GM alone should get you canned...

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
@ThreeOfAPerfectPair at least you guys acquired @boxcar65 in the trade...they really care about edmonton and how your team does

I've pretty much giving up posting on that board or anywhere. First, between my job, helping with my elderly parents, and reffing high school basketball I am slammed these days. I barely have time to turn on the tv at night, much less watch a full hockey game. Manning is getting stiffed in Edmonton, so it is what it is. You don't trade for a guy and then let him ride the pine. He is still better than two or three of the other options they have on the team right now.

My Flyers are terrible, the Hawks are struggling, and Mandog is not playing. It has not been a great season so far. Hopefully the Phillies can land both of the free agents out there.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I've pretty much giving up posting on that board or anywhere. First, between my job, helping with my elderly parents, and reffing high school basketball I am slammed these days. I barely have time to turn on the tv at night, much less watch a full hockey game. Manning is getting stiffed in Edmonton, so it is what it is. You don't trade for a guy and then let him ride the pine. He is still better than two or three of the other options they have on the team right now.

My Flyers are terrible, the Hawks are struggling, and Mandog is not playing. It has not been a great season so far. Hopefully the Phillies can land both of the free agents out there.
It's not as bleak as you may think there boxcar ... Philly may even be buyers ( hockeybuzz I know! ) and I'm sure they will find success soon .. the Hawks will be fine and hey it won't hurt to land a top 7 pick again this year .. and mandog can always go and play in Europe .. he does after all have a good amount of money now to invest in his future happiness!

Reactions: boxcar65

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Will agree there. Makes no sense to make a trade for a player and then immediately have him consecutively scratched. Mostly on the GM for having that kind of disconnect with the coach. But Chia is awful so it all adds up.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

You should have lots of time to post while you are eating popcorn in the pressbox in EDM.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

You said this in Chicago, too, and it was absolutely false. Apparently Edmonton figured out real fast that Manning is not an NHL D. Faster than the Hawks organization did, even. So I give them credit.

The GM traded for the guy. That doesn't mean the coach has to play him if he's far worse than any other option he has.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Which three Edm defensemen do you think Manning is better than?

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

Hey boxcar65...that’s the first post of yours that I like.

First let me say that I wish you the best taking care of your parents. Can be a difficult and sometimes thankless task.

Jobs are what they are. Sucks sometimes...even oftentimes. Good luck in the future.

Hawks are looking up. Both Hawks and Flyers may get a high draft pick.

Manning we’ll still have to disagree on.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Man, I didn't know Manning had so much on his plate. Helping his parents, reffing high school basketball, and still trying to make it as an NHLer.

Obviously Hitchcock is benching him to give Mandong some more time to do these extra curricular activities, and not because he's a terrible player that is a liability every time he steps on the ice.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Boxcar is harmless - brought a lot of laughs to this board. I have never seen someone latch on to such an obscure player before...still can't wrap my head around it...related or not lol.

Has to be him or be related to him closely. A gf/fiance/wife maybe? No other explanation for the obsession.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Has to be him or be related to him closely. A gf/fiance/wife maybe? No other explanation for the obsession.
yeah, i am sure the ManDog fan club starts and ends with the number 1...Boxcar...

I wonder when Mandog gets sent down to the AHL, is Boxcar going to post on that team board too??? I don't know why he is being scratched right now for Adirondack - he is better than 2 or 3 of those guys easily...lol

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
To be fair, the fact that they have those four guys on their roster at all is a pretty telling story of the state of the Oilers currently.

Love how a GM decides to surround a guy who could go down as one of the greatest to ever play the game with a bunch of trash.

Total malpractice. I hope Chia trades McDavid for McDavid’s and every hockey fan’s sake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->