Manitoba Moose 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Seems to me that there is a move to integrate the two. With so many games over a short period, lots of split squads. I think almost every AHL player we have on our roster has got a couple of games, minus a few. Vets just want to get through preseason healthy, so a few games is perfect for them, while the fringe players compete.

There were a few players who never got into a game. Then there was that list of 14 players originally assigned to the Moose who never got any games.

But, yes. It is true that most of the AHL players who will be counted on have had at least 1 game. Some will have had 5.

OTOH though, if they only had 4-5 games they could play fewer of the split squad games. The vets would have to ramp up a little more quickly and they would play better hockey. The last 2 games could be all of your regulars plus the odd young player in a close battle for a spot.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Interesting. If the AHL doesn't need exhibition games at all, then you would think that the NHL could at least cut back a bit. Seems to me that 4-5 games should be enough.

The AHL doesn't need exhibition games because all of the damn AHL players play in NHL exhibition games that season ticket holders have to pay to watch. :mad:

Reactions: 204hockey

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The AHL doesn't need exhibition games because all of the damn AHL players play in NHL exhibition games that season ticket holders have to pay to watch. :mad:

You sound a little bitter. :laugh:

Dumb question: Are the pre-season game prices the same as regular season games as built into the season ticket package? What about walk up pricing? Certainly shouldn't be. That would negate a lot of the benefit of buying season tickets. No?

Playoff tickets are priced at some multiple of regular season tickets. They are worth more for obvious reasons. By the same logic, pre-season games should be priced by some fractional multiplier. Like half, for example. Or is that still a little high?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
You sound a little bitter. :laugh:

Dumb question: Are the pre-season game prices the same as regular season games as built into the season ticket package? What about walk up pricing? Certainly shouldn't be. That would negate a lot of the benefit of buying season tickets. No?

Playoff tickets are priced at some multiple of regular season tickets. They are worth more for obvious reasons. By the same logic, pre-season games should be priced by some fractional multiplier. Like half, for example. Or is that still a little high?

Bitter? Moi? I'm all sweetness and light 24/7. :laugh:

STH pay the same price for regular and pre-season, but it's still less than single game pricing shown here.
Individual Ticket Pricing

As you can see, the discount on pre-season games is ridiculously small. It's still much cheaper overall to be a STH, especially if you want to go to playoff games. We just accept it as a burden to bear for the greater good.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Bitter? Moi? I'm all sweetness and light 24/7. :laugh:

STH pay the same price for regular and pre-season, but it's still less than single game pricing shown here.
Individual Ticket Pricing

As you can see, the discount on pre-season games is ridiculously small. It's still much cheaper overall to be a STH, especially if you want to go to playoff games. We just accept it as a burden to bear for the greater good.

Yeah, first dibs on PO seats is a major benefit. But forcing STH's to take the pre-season games at regular season price does reduce the value of the discount.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I trust you guys all saw this new AHL-Live streaming platform that was launched today.

https://www.watchtheahl.com/#/

$60 USD a season to see all Moose games streamed. That is a 66% decrease from Neulion costs last season for the same package.

Wow... at that price point I think I am in for a streaming package for my AppleTV’s and wireless devices!
Hmmm... did anyone else sign up for the ahl site successfully? I've tried on two separate days on different browsers, and it simply "hangs" after I click "sign up".

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Hmmm... did anyone else sign up for the ahl site successfully? I've tried on two separate days on different browsers, and it simply "hangs" after I click "sign up".
I signed up successfully but it was back a day or two after the initial announcement. Waiting to check out the Apple TV software once it is available in October.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I signed up successfully but it was back a day or two after the initial announcement. Waiting to check out the Apple TV software once it is available in October.
I will try again.

Edit: Still nope! I guess they don't want my money.

Last edited:

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
The AHL-TV deal at $60 US for the whole season seems a good deal. I am tempted.

Yeah, it does. Much better than previous years where it was, like, $250 or something crazy? I'm going to wait to see what the Moose roster looks like, but I'm leaning heavily towards subscribing this year.

Also, I was able to sign up successfully, but haven't subscribed yet.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Yeah, it does. Much better than previous years where it was, like, $250 or something crazy? I'm going to wait to see what the Moose roster looks like, but I'm leaning heavily towards subscribing this year.

Also, I was able to sign up successfully, but haven't subscribed yet.
Yay! It worked for me today! I was so overjoyed that I got all teams/all games. THAT's what happens when content is priced fairly.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Moose Reveal Opening Day Roster - Manitoba Moose

Poirier signed to a PTO, will start with the Moose
Shit disturber Kale Kessy is brought back on a PTO, will also start with the Moose
D'Aoust and goalie Jaillet signed to one-year contracts, will start with the Icemen.
No mention of Ryan White, he must have been released before?!
Also looks like the Moose will start the season with a three-headed goalie monster... ho-hum.

depth chart (not supposed to be line combos in any way):

LWCRW
Nic KerdilesSeth GriffithMason Appleton
Tye McGinnMichael SpacekDennis Everberg
Jansen HarkinsC.J. SuessJC Lipon
Emile PoirierFelix GirardCam Maclise
Skyler McKenzieKristian Reichel
Kale Kessy
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LDRD
Sami NikuTucker Poolman
Cam SchillingNelson Nogier
Peter StoykewychLuke Green
Logan StanleyCharles-David Beaudoin
Jacob Cederholm
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
G
Eric Comrie
Ken Appleby
Mikhail Berdin
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
LWCRW
Nic KerdilesSeth GriffithMason Appleton
Tye McGinnMichael SpacekDennis Everberg
Jansen HarkinsC.J. SuessJC Lipon
Emile PoirierFelix GirardCam Maclise
Skyler McKenzieKristian Reichel
Kale Kessy
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LDRD
Sami NikuTucker Poolman
Cam SchillingNelson Nogier
Peter StoykewychLuke Green
Logan StanleyCharles-David Beaudoin
Jacob Cederholm
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
G
Eric Comrie
Ken Appleby
Mikhail Berdin
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

27 players seems excessive and once Petan returns it looks like Lemieux will be with the Moose again until the injury bug stings.

I could see Reichel, MaClise, Green, Beaudoin, Berdin and Cederholm all going to Jacksonville ECHL so they can get some playing time.

A top 9 on the Moose consisting of Lemieux, Kerdiles, Appleton, Griffith, Spacek, Lipon, Suess, Everberg, Poirier is pretty solid. The top pairing of Poolman and Niku is likely the best in the league. This team will win a lot of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad