Managerial Thread Part V - Tottenham in Tatters

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
At least there is no stigma following those who get fired there when they are looking for new jobs.

And what happens when they find a real gem? He'll leave quickly as he will treat the club the way they have treated the other managers.

That said for a small club Watford have done reasonably well over those years - so it is kind of working in its madness.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
At least there is no stigma following those who get fired there when they are looking for new jobs.

And what happens when they find a real gem? He'll leave quickly as he will treat the club the way they have treated the other managers.

That said for a small club Watford have done reasonably well over those years - so it is kind of working in its madness.
I guess. What exactly are they expecting, though? This guy got them promoted and has 7 points in 7 in the PL...and gets sacked.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I guess. What exactly are they expecting, though? This guy got them promoted and has 7 points in 7 in the PL...and gets sacked.

I don't know. Of course it isn't only about points as we don't know how things are working behind the scenes. Problem for Watford, in terms of optics, is how often they just sack their manager.

It is very odd, but for whatever reason they keep on getting back to the PL. I would have thought the club should have imploded years ago the way they have treated their managers.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The frequency of yo-yo promotions says a lot more about how critical parachute payments are to me than anything, but certainly it's not complete clown shoes at Watford.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I haven't looked into the numbers there, but my impression is that much bigger clubs than Watford have been a lot less successful over the 10 years Warford have been sacking their managers.

Hopefully Spurs are taking some notes :laugh:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
*checks thread title*

.....goddammit....

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad