Managerial Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Celtic manager Neil Lennon has resigned with his side 18 points adrift of Rangers in the Scottish Premiership.

Lennon took charge for a second spell in February 2019 when Brendan Rodgers left and led the club to two titles, two Scottish Cups and a League Cup.

However, Celtic are well behind their Glasgow rivals in their bid to win 10-straight titles and slumped to defeat at struggling Ross County on Sunday.

Assistant manager John Kennedy will take interim charge of the team.

(from BBC)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Lennon seemed off the rails the last few weeks, but there's been a bit of a circus around Celtic this season.

I hadn't seen a football manager pick a fight with a sitting Prime Minister before lol.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah the only way Nagelsmann is leaving Leipzig is if Liverpool, Bayern, City, Barca, or maybe Atleti want him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern are teams I think he'd leave for. Some of the biggest clubs in the world in the biggest leagues.

I could also potentially see Chelsea or PSG. Chelsea will depend on where exactly they are with their success. It's a big club that pays a lot and its London, but they also don't have the pull during struggling times of United, and don't have the recent success of City or Liverpool. PSG would probably fit into the first category, but does he want to manage in Ligue One? I'm not sure every top manager wants to manage in that league.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I forgot Juve. I could see United but I could see him waiting it out a touch longer to go for one of the bigger clubs. As for Arsenal I don’t see why he’d go there at this stage.

I don't think he's leaving this summer. It's probably 2-3 years down the road. Man United might be having a lot of success then. If so, they are clearly among the top 5 draws in the world for a coach. If not, there's always the fallback of he might still go there because they are historically a very big club that isn't terrible.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern are teams I think he'd leave for. Some of the biggest clubs in the world in the biggest leagues.

I could also potentially see Chelsea or PSG. Chelsea will depend on where exactly they are with their success. It's a big club that pays a lot and its London, but they also don't have the pull during struggling times of United, and don't have the recent success of City or Liverpool. PSG would probably fit into the first category, but does he want to manage in Ligue One? I'm not sure every top manager wants to manage in that league.
PSG won't fire Poch to get Nagelsmann next summer :facepalm:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Something of a lower profile but the guy is a 'name' so will put it here: Mauro Camoranesi has been sacked at Maribor (Slovenia) after only 6 months in charge, team is joint top there but only won 1 of the last 4 games

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Thierry Henry resigns as Montreal manager. Citing family reasons - his family is in London and with Covid restrictions, its made it difficult for him.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If Arteta loses today, there might be a temporary job in London for Henry anyways.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I forgot Juve. I could see United but I could see him waiting it out a touch longer to go for one of the bigger clubs. As for Arsenal I don’t see why he’d go there at this stage.
This might dismay some beliefs on this board, but Arsenal is still a very big club. They're top three in England after Man United (who will always be number one) and Liverpool (surpassing us with their generational squad). In Europe, Arsenal is easily top ten with Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG, Man United, Liverpool, AC Milan, and whoever is this year's version of Man City. Arsenal doesn't go to Nagelmanns, Nagelmanns comes to Arsenal. What's happened is that Arsenal are going after subpar managers instead, you don't think Klopp would've easily come here if Arsenal didn't decide to hold onto an old outdated relic when he got fired from BVB? You don't think Allergi wouldn't have come here if he got fired from Juve a year before he did? It's been a matter of misfortune and wrong times than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad