Managerial Thread - 21/22 and 22/23 Seasons - Tottenham Hotlol

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
ZZ to PSG and Poch to United is looking more possible per the minute.
Also worth thinking of Mbappe's stance if ZZ joins.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pochettino probably isn't built for egos like Zidane for sure. He's a better manager though, so not sure it's a clear cut upgrade.
I agree that Pochettino isn’t a big ego guy, which makes him presumably going to Man Utd even more weird. Not that he won’t have the money to give them a facelift.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I agree that Pochettino isn’t a big ego guy, which makes him presumably going to Man Utd even more weird.
I don't know if United's (big) issue is egos, though. He'll be less of a babysitter at United than he has to be at PSG.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't know if United's (big) issue is egos, though. He'll be less of a babysitter at United than he has to be at PSG.
I wonder how he will manage Ronaldo's ego.
There is a ton of ego in that room. Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba. Probably others. United’s biggest strength is they have these stars that can win a game With their eyes closed. Is that kind of ego toxic? Maybe? But it’s certainly there and something the next manager is going to have to deal with. These aren’t Ferguson teams

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I agree that Pochettino isn’t a big ego guy, which makes him presumably going to Man Utd even more weird. Not that he won’t have the money to give them a facelift.

The only real egos at United are Pogba and Ronaldo. Pogba is currently injured (again) and is gone in the summer, if not January.

Ronaldo is gone in 18 months, but if Utd don't qualify for the CL next year he'll want to be gone in the summer too.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
My question is more would United actually give him the keys to completely rework everything?

There's a lot of contract / player that would need to be culled to get to what he wants to do. Additionally, it would be interesting in who is picking the parts. Is he going to get complete control? If he isn't, who is deciding what players are bought and sold.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The only real egos at United are Pogba and Ronaldo. Pogba is currently injured (again) and is gone in the summer, if not January.

Ronaldo is gone in 18 months, but if Utd don't qualify for the CL next year he'll want to be gone in the summer too.
Bruno is very clearly a huge ego. I mean to even become a high level pro athlete you have an ego in some way, shape, or form.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Yeah, I don't buy that there's only two egos at United.

There's two massive ones. But there's also a number of other players who have significant personalities that would have to be managed. De Gea, Maguire, Rashford, and a few others are at least personalities that should be considered in whomever is coming in.

Anyone coming in has to make a significant call on a number of players who are experienced internationals, or at minimum, big ticket, big salary players, and how to figure whether or not if they fit in the plans.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Valverde will be pragmatic and have them pinching above their weight level. Just don’t expect wowness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad