Managerial Thread - 21/22 and 22/23 Seasons - Tottenham Hotlol

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Because of course Carra doesn't know how to spell "write".
It’s okay if you don’t get the reference. I don’t think soccer players are the most bright either but who hasn’t been subject to a bad autocorrect.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Ducker says Favre, Garcia and Rangnick interview for interim manager as well as Valverde. Mail say Fonseca is the fifth to be interviewed.

Valverde did a similar job at Valencia replacing Pellegrino in December until the end of the season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Favre would be the smart move, so I doubt they're seriously considering him.

Rangnick seems like he'd be a smart move, but I don't think he's really interested in coaching anymore...his focus seems to be on his consulting start-up...so I can see them paying him too much money to say no to, only for him not to really care and just cash the checks.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Favre would be the smart move, so I doubt they're seriously considering him.

Rangnick seems like he'd be a smart move, but I don't think he's really interested in coaching anymore...his focus seems to be on his consulting start-up...so I can see them paying him too much money to say no to, only for him not to really care and just cash the checks.
I don’t remember who reported it, but someone said Ragnick was interested in coaching, but would want full control but isn’t sure he’d get it there. But I think he’d be a real solid interim option.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don’t remember who reported it, but someone said Ragnick was interested in coaching, but would want full control but isn’t sure he’d get it there. But I think he’d be a real solid interim option.

I don't remember exactly either, but IIRC those were the reports when he first took the Lok job. Since then, it's become clear that he's focused way more on his company than his job in Moscow, but maybe that would change in manchester :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Yeah I don’t think Ralph will be the guy. I think he wants a lot of control and guarantee he’ll be here long term. But Woodward and the board won’t give anyone much control.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rangnick is a smart hire but it’s probably also acknowledgment from United that they need to hit the reset button

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Using their brain to put actual footballing minds at the top in charge of decisions. I can only hope this is a good thing for us. Cautiously optimistic about this.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Will be interesting to see how much attention RR still devotes to managing the team and how much this is just setting himself up for a more sporting director role like he had in Leipzig, moving forward.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Will be interesting to see how much attention RR still devotes to managing the team and how much this is just setting himself up for a more sporting director role like he had in Leipzig, moving forward.
My worry is that his long-term role at United is gonna be as a Sporting Director, which is exactly what United have been missing and he's potentially the best in the biz at it.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Considering a few statements he's previously made he seems like a bit of a prick. Good hire nonetheless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad