Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Any flaws?
Main flaw is that he has only one main tac : possession passing tiki taka. Sometimes lacks verticality.
Other potential flaw : Blanc always had Gasset as his assistant coach who was doing the training sessions. Gasset is now St Etienne's coach and some question Blanc without Gasset.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Back to Dortmund it is then ;)

Could see that in about 7-8 more years. Could also see him ending it at Liverpool or coaching Germany. He always says he wants to retire before he's very old, but this is also a person who goes to smoke cigarettes (ew) at training (bigger ew) and does so where he can still watch the team. That is obsession, I don't know how someone walks away from the game when they're like that. What I was afraid of is that he wants to finish this contract in 2022 and go sit on a beach, but there are now too many rumors of a new contract for that to be true. He keeps bringing the team down to Spain with him every season, so that beach must be quite appealing.

It's still hard to figure out why he left Dortmund unless it was because he thought it would be hard to accomplish his goals with Bayern's transfer business looming over your squad. He becomes extremely attached to his players.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Could see that in about 7-8 more years. Could also see him ending it at Liverpool or coaching Germany. He always says he wants to retire before he's very old, but this is also a person who goes to smoke cigarettes (ew) at training (bigger ew) and does so where he can still watch the team. That is obsession, I don't know how someone walks away from the game when they're like that. What I was afraid of is that he wants to finish this contract in 2022 and go sit on a beach, but there are now too many rumors of a new contract for that to be true. He keeps bringing the team down to Spain with him every season, so that beach must be quite appealing.

It's still hard to figure out why he left Dortmund unless it was because he thought it would be hard to accomplish his goals with Bayern's transfer business looming over your squad. He becomes extremely attached to his players.

7-8 more years is a long time. He "only" spent 7 years with each of Mainz and Dortmund, and he had a similar relationship with both of those clubs. Leaving Liverpool in 2022 would be exactly in line with that.

No one expected him to leave Dortmund even a few months before he announced it. There may have been some behind the scenes power struggle between Klopp and others at the club - and perhaps he has more influence at Liverpool than he did there - which combined with the horrific first half of his last season gave him enough doubt that he decided it was time to move on. At the time I thought maybe his high octane style maybe had worn down the players.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Main flaw is that he has only one main tac : possession passing tiki taka. Sometimes lacks verticality.
Other potential flaw : Blanc always had Gasset as his assistant coach who was doing the training sessions. Gasset is now St Etienne's coach and some question Blanc without Gasset.
Hmm that is concerning but if the final product is not an issue its more of a tactic to keep possession that could work. As long as he knows that dagger balls are needed.

No concern about assistant issue. As Pep had the same with the late Tito.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Klopp is a romantic. Honestly, its very appealing and its no wonder why people are drawn to him. It just rubs off on everyone. He has that aura that is just captivating. I probably would go through a wall if he asked me too. I wonder what his players would do for him?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I would take every name mentioned on the last page over Valverde btw. I can't imagine he stays.

Klopp is a romantic. Honestly, its very appealing and its no wonder why people are drawn to him. It just rubs off on everyone. He has that aura that is just captivating. I probably would go through a wall if he asked me too. I wonder what his players would do for him?

Probably anything. I thought some of these guys would have asked to leave in January after not playing so much, but that didn't happen other than Clyne who we no longer need. If he does sign that new contract though it would take him to 2024, around when most of these players would be gone, so even though that breaks his 7 year rule that sounds about right. I also think if he went back into management after leaving in 5 more years that he would take a year or two off. As far as his aura, the team talk for the final writes itself. Bring in the runner up medal from last year and ask if the players want another one of these. There's nothing else that has to be said as a motivational tool.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would take every name mentioned on the last page over Valverde btw. I can't imagine he stays.

Probably anything. I thought some of these guys would have asked to leave in January after not playing so much, but that didn't happen other than Clyne who we no longer need. If he does sign that new contract though it would take him to 2024, around when most of these players would be gone, so even though that breaks his 7 year rule that sounds about right. I also think if he went back into management after leaving in 5 more years that he would take a year or two off. As far as his aura, the team talk for the final writes itself. Bring in the runner up medal from last year and ask if the players want another one of these. There's nothing else that has to be said as a motivational tool.

He's gone for sure I'm not worried about that. Better coaches left for less. My issue though remains the same since Pep left. Who the f*** is the replacement. Barca haven't had a great/good coach since he left. NONE. I worry abut another inexperienced guy with ties to the club. Lucho/Valverde. I want barca football back.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's gone for sure I'm not worried about that. Better coaches left for less. My issue though remains the same since Pep left. Who the **** is the replacement. Barca haven't had a great/good coach since he left. NONE. I worry abut another inexperienced guy with ties to the club. Lucho/Valverde. I want barca football back.

What they need is Pep. Even if they sign another coach, he's what should be coaching Barcelona. The stuff he said about England makes it sound like that won't happen though. Now that being said, it's either ten Hag or Blanc. Of course that's also who I'd sign if Klopp retired on the spot. But those coaches have what it takes.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What they need is Pep. Even if they sign another coach, he's what should be coaching Barcelona. The stuff he said about England makes it sound like that won't happen though. Now that being said, it's either ten Hag or Blanc. Of course that's also who I'd sign if Klopp retired on the spot. But those coaches have what it takes.
Pep won't come back. Not yet anyway. What did he say about England that makes you think he's staying there? I personally think 2 years minimum and then he leaves for PSG or something.

I'm open to both options but for me Poch is still the pipe dream.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Pep won't come back. Not yet anyway. What did he say about England that makes you think he's staying there? I personally think 2 years minimum and then he leaves for PSG or something.

I'm open to both options but for me Poch is still the pipe dream.

"It is the toughest league I've ever played as a manager," he stated. "There are no doubts. That's why being there is incredible. Only one will take the prize."

"You have to give credit to how huge our rival is. In my career as a manager, we have played against incredible sides. One is Luis Enrique's Barcelona with Leo Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar, and the other is Liverpool.

"They are the best two sides I've played as a manager. Last season was incredible but this season, we are up against an incredible team."

I get the feeling from things he's said throughout the year that he really thrives on having a rival like this. I don't know if he thinks RM is capable of being a rival like that but that seems to be exactly what he said.

He does only have two more years on his contract though, so who knows?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pretty sure he also said the league wasn't that hard. Pep outsmarts Pep sometimes. In any case Barca shouldn't expect him back any time soon. As I'm sure he still has issues with the board.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think he'll get tired of the City job at some point. Whether due to their inability to win the CL, or issues with not wanting to rebuild the side, I think it's going to end at some point.

I would assume at that point, PSG back up the money truck.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Thiago Motta, PSG's U19, has resigned after a clash with Antero Henrique.
I wonder what Henrique has done to warrant being kept given the constant problems around him.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Chris Hughton sacked again.

Not really sure what Brighton are expecting to get from this. Obviously they ended the season in a terrible way, but when Spurs have taken 11 points from the last 12 games or whatever it is - then teams like Brighton will obviously also go through rough patches.

Feel a bit sorry for Hughton. I thought he did quite well at Newcastle and that Brighton team might never again be seen in the PL after next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad