Managerial merry go round part II

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not done yet, but I'm absolutely shocked.

Rumored 12m a season offered to him. Would be so hard to resist that. Whenever he wants to come back to Europe he'll have his choice of clubs, if it happens.

Yeah, I was very surprised to read that, but I figured the wages must be up there. Factor in Monaco potentially being dismantled and it makes sense.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's an absolute joke of a choice. He is already loaded. And will get a raise next season with Monaco or a bigger team.

It's not always about bank accounts, or at least it shouldn't be when you're already rich.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah, I was very surprised to read that, but I figured the wages must be up there. Factor in Monaco potentially being dismantled and it makes sense.

Don't see much dismantling going on (though if the coach goes, it could). One player sold (Silva), one likely to go (Mendy), and maybe one midfielder gone.
In the mean time, they've bought Tielemans and have inquired about Renato Sanches.
Heck, Mbappé is staying.

There's absolutely no dismantling going on.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
After failing to get Marco Silva, FC Porto set to hire Sergio Conceicao who did a good job in his short stint at Nantes past season

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It's an absolute joke of a choice. He is already loaded. And will get a raise next season with Monaco or a bigger team.

It's not always about bank accounts, or at least it shouldn't be when you're already rich.

Don't disagree with this.

Don't see much dismantling going on (though if the coach goes, it could). One player sold (Silva), one likely to go (Mendy), and maybe one midfielder gone.
In the mean time, they've bought Tielemans and have inquired about Renato Sanches.
Heck, Mbappé is staying.

There's absolutely no dismantling going on.

I said "potential". Anyway, if Mbappe' stays and only the three you mentioned leave then yes I agree.

Thoughts on the Sanches inquiry? I feel like they could probably do as well for less considering the team they've built already.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes they probably believe in his potential. But as of now, the midfield would have Fabinho, Bakayoko, Tielemans and Sanches. Except if they go back to 4-3-3 (a new coach could choose it), that's a lot of depth for two starting spots.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Ivan Leko is the new Club Brugge manager

Kind of funny only 5-10 years ago nobody would touch Croatian managers, now there are about a handful in the top 10 Euros leagues (Bilic, Juric, Tudor, Prosinecki prior to his Azeri NT gig...)

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
In unsurprising news, Javi Gracia was sacked by Rubin Kazan after one season. His La Liga infusion only managed 9th place, worse than his last year in Spain with Malaga who finished 8th.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If Tuchel said no to Leverkusen, why would he go to Schalke, a club with a worse squad on top of fans, players, and executives who are far, far less supportive of their manager? And yeah, Heidel is a big factor as well. EPL seems the most likely option. Doubt Bayern or Germany job will be open until next summer at the earliest.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
It's interesting to see that established Bundesliga clubs seem to like lower league, young coaches these days. The two mentioned, Nuri at Bremen, Dardai at Berlin, Nagelsmann at Hoffenheim etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad