Managerial merry go round part II

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Sandro Schwarz new manager of Mainz, he was the Mainz II manager who relegated to the regional leagues

Mario Been, ex-Feyenoord and current assistant to Advocaat at Fenerbahce takes over Cypriot champs APOEL

Nuno Espirito Santo is the new Wolves manager, another Mendes lacky at that club :laugh:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Hearing from L'EQUIPE that Van Brockhorst may get the Dortmund job.

Favre is out. Nice don't wanna talk.
Van Bronckhorst is one option. So are Stöger (Cologne, doubtful) and Bosz (Ajax).
Other names swirling around.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
According to "Sportbild" former Bayern player Willy Sagnol will become co of Ancelotti at Bayern.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Van Bronckhorst :biglaugh:

I don't know if he speaks German, however. Clearly BVB management have no idea what they're doing. As we were saying all along, the timing of firing Tuchel was unspeakably stupid with all the good candidates tied down at their current jobs. They should have tied down Favre or whomever a long time ago. I would be surprised if we've heard the last of the Favre saga though, despite today's news.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Die Welt says Bosz is the #1 candidate now. They say he is about to reach an agreement with Dortmund. The only issue is - again - that he's under contract until 2019.

Stylistically, he is certainly the best choice.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Die Welt says Bosz is the #1 candidate now. They say he is about to reach an agreement with Dortmund. The only issue is - again - that he's under contract until 2019.

Stylistically, he is certainly the best choice.

Yes, Stöger is nonsense and Bosz (I don't follow Dutch football) speaks German fluently.
But WTF? You fire a successful coach and have no replacement?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Glad Favre stays in L1. Nice will play the CL and they need him.
With PSG, Monaco, OM, OL and Lille (and Bielsa!) are the rich teams next season, Nice will form a nice top 6.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's what Blick and Bild say. Other sources say Nice can't get a proper replacement immediatly so they demanded the moon for Favre. Whatever Favre will stay in France. I think it's the best for all. Favre, BvB management and BvB players don't fit.

Favre would hate working for Watzke in the mess BVB is quickly becoming...but what he could do with those BVB players would be an absolute joy to watch.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Favre would hate working for Watzke in the mess BVB is quickly becoming...but what he could do with those BVB players would be an absolute joy to watch.

Football-wise maybe or probably. But wait and see how the locker room works next year.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Dortmund is offering Bosz a lot of money. I hope he stays at Ajax, he's made Ajax play the Ajax way we have missed for so many years. Yet, BvD is a very nice oppertunity for him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Football-wise maybe or probably. But wait and see how the locker room works next year.

People say things like this as though Favre didn't leave amicably after 4 years at the helm of BMG. Favre's issues would be with Watzke and the Ruhr media, not with the players.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Tuchel's agent has said that he has declined Leverkusen's offer and will take time off.

Konoplyanka called Weinzierl today a coward as well. And I thought Schmelzer's comments about Tuchel were out of line. Schalke gonna Schalke though.

Thoughts on the Bosz hire?

Assuming it is him, it's making the most out of a bad situation. Stylistically his teams have a lot of general similarities to Tuchel's, with some minor but important differences. He turned Vitesse into a successful and fun team before Ajax. I think he has some minor aspects of his managerial style to work out, but hopefully at a bigger club with generally older players, some of that will come naturally.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
TBF Weinzierl is a coward.

And Favre would be just beautiful for BVB; Bosz seems more likely to work out as a long term option, but I'd love to see what Favre could do before he needed to leave.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Us Southampton fans are quietly optimistic about the chance of Tuchel coming overseas to the EPL...
Most of us are puzzled as to why he would want to come coach us but we aren't complaining :laugh:
There have been rumours that link Tuchel to Southampton (L'équippe I believe) and today there have been rumours out of Twitter that has said that the proceedings to buy out Puels contract have been started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->