Managerial merry go round part II

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Portuguese fan here and came to say I originally though spain would beat them 2 1 but now I do see a chance for victory

This whole situation was handled terribly from real to Lopetegui.

notify the Spanish nt, wait to announce etc he would have been able to coach out the tournament.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Laughable bullshit from Lopetegui and his new mafioso boss today.

In a relate note, apparently Pique had to act as mediator between Ramos and Rubiales. To think Ramos is a captain of anything.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Laughable bull**** from Lopetegui and his new mafioso boss today.

In a relate note, apparently Pique had to act as mediator between Ramos and Rubiales. To think Ramos is a captain of anything.
Mad at Pique for stepping in should made them go at it. Ramos gets exiled and Spain further deteriorates. Better for Catalunya and Messi. :)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not the most prestigious gig for the 'best coach in the world'

He's the best coach's coach in the world. Just too volatile for teams. Over stays his welcome pretty quick. If he had the temperament of a Pep or Babcock, he would be buried in trophies. Although, you can argue that his loconess is why he's such an innovator.

Bielsa is a weirdo. He'll be gone before Christmas.

Bielsa is an Angel.

Reactions: cgf

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
God do I hope that Bayern ****s it up again and he goes to Leipzig instead. Rangnick announcing himself as interim manager for a year reeks of them positioning themselves to pounce if Hoeneß pulls a Hoeneß again.

Bild and Kicker are already reporting that he is going to Lepzig.

Reactions: cgf

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
He'll move to Leipzig only to lose Werner and Forsberg next summer (assuming they don't move now), and wish he had moved to the mighty Arsenal this year instead.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Unusual decision. A whole year as lame duck at Hoffenheim doesn't sound like it's in the interest of that club. I guess nobody there cares that much.

Just don’t see how it is going to work. Even Ferguson couldn’t retire and keep the team performing until the end of the season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He'll move to Leipzig only to lose Werner and Forsberg next summer (assuming they don't move now), and wish he had moved to the mighty Arsenal this year instead.

Werner will be a blow even with the good work they’ve done...assuming Bayern don’t buy him this summer...but the talent in the extended RB family, and their resources, dwarf what Nagelsmann has been working with. Especially if he brings Geiger with him to anchor the midfield behind all of those 8s, wingers & shadow strikers that Leipzig has on the roster already.

I can’t wait to see what he can do there...just gotta make sure that they sell Upamecano & Konate to make space for Tah & Torunarigha to learn from Nagelsmann lol

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, staying for another season and confirming your new club sounds like a disaster in the making..

Happens all the time in Germany with coaches & players. It only ever goes bad when it gets out publicly and there is a huge fan base/media presence to blow the story up, which doesn’t apply to Hopp’s village club.

Plus even when it goes public with a huge fanbase, it usually plays out like the Lewa transfer if the party in question is of high quality, like Nagelsmann

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Just don’t see how it is going to work. Even Ferguson couldn’t retire and keep the team performing until the end of the season.
Nagelsmann is speculating, if it doesn't work Hoffenheim will kick him out. In that case he would take over RB immediatley. Rangnick would step aside happily and concentrate on his real job IMO.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nagelsmann is speculating, if it doesn't work Hoffenheim will kick him out. In that case he would take over RB immediatley. Rangnick would step aside happily and concentrate on his real job IMO.

Yeah, if it does go sour at TSG I would have to imagine that they’d make the change early...though I can’t help but see them at least in the top half of the table through the winter.

Even with the loss of Uth & Gnabry they still have some nice firepower ahead of that absolutely loaded midfield. Especially if Otto can make more of an impact as a first year pro, since he’s more physically developed than someone like JoJo or Werner was.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Yeah, if it does go sour at TSG I would have to imagine that they’d make the change early...though I can’t help but see them at least in the top half of the table through the winter.

Even with the loss of Uth & Gnabry they still have some nice firepower ahead of that absolutely loaded midfield. Especially if Otto can make more of an impact as a first year pro, since he’s more physically developed than someone like JoJo or Werner was.
We all knew from the start Rangnick as a coach was only a stop-gap. Wouldn't surprise we if we hear sometime Nagelsmann and Rangnick had this deal in place for months. I never bought the Nagelsmann-to-Bayern rumors. BvB, yes, but not Munich with Hoeneß still in charge. This will come later.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Happens all the time in Germany with coaches & players. It only ever goes bad when it’s announced publicly and there is a huge fan base/media presence to blow the story up, neither of which applies to Hoffenheim.

Plus even when it goes public with a huge fanbase, it usually plays out like the Lewa transfer if the party in question is of high quality, like Nagelsmann
A coach announces his future club before the upcoming season even started? Well, I can't recall a notable case throughout the last years.

You're probably right about the fans not caring much, still Nagelsmann and the people involved could've solved this a tad smarter. Just wait 'til Hoffe stumbles into a losing streak because of CL extra games and players becoming mouthy about coaches decisions.
I can see Nagelsmann leaving 1899 before next summer, whenever it's a firing or step down, depending on how the season goes.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We all knew from the start Rangnick as a coach was only a stop-gap. Wouldn't surprise we if we hear sometime Nagelsmann and Rangnick had this deal in place for months. I never bought the Nagelsmann-to-Bayern rumors. BvB, yes, but not Munich with Hoeneß still in charge. This will come later.

My friends in the BVB press department heard last fall when the heat on Bosz was first building up, that they were supposed to talk down stories linking Nagelsmann to the job because him going to Bayern was all but official.

At least until sometime in the late-winter/spring when Hoeneß decided he didn’t need some know-it-all who never even played for Bayern, and that his old friend Kovac was doing a good enough job to get the job instead. (this paragraph is my own speculation)

Take it for what it’s worth, but they’re old friends who wouldn’t BS me & have tipped me off to some BVB transfers before any rumors had come out & what they told me about the whole Tuchel-Watzke clash made a lot more sense to me than any alternative story I’ve heard.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
A coach announces his future club before the upcoming season even started? Well, I can't recall a notable case throughout the last years.

You're probably right about the fans not caring much, still Nagelsmann and the people involved could've solved this a tad smarter. Just wait 'til Hoffe stumbles into a losing streak because of CL extra games and players becoming mouthy about coaches decisions.
I can see Nagelsmann leaving 1899 before next summer, whenever it's a firing or step down, depending on how the season goes.

I guess a coach announcing it before the season is a little different than a player, or a coach announcing it in season...but tbh I think the optics are better on a coach announcing it in the offseason than in-season; when he’s supposed to be focused on his team & not negotiating his next job.

Agreed though that if it any point it does turn sour, the plug will be pulled quickly & Nagelsmann will move east long before next summer.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Of course this deal is not a problem for Nagelsmann. And I guess Hoffenheim are so desperate to keep him that they are willing to accept such a crazy deal.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Fenerbahce appoint PSV manager Phillip Cocu, in his place PSV will hire Mark van Bommel who is currently at the WC as an assistant manager for Australia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad