Management Thread | The Song Remains the Same Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Jim Benning getting the text and realizing we are all caught in a recurrent Time-Loop.

th-995032968.jpeg

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I've seen it mentioned that current management are given a 1-2 year window to be a contending team. If true, ownership is the driving force behind a lot of their decisions and will not let them retool properly.
It's an impossible task that isn't based on reality, it's based on a fantasy of what this team is to expect contention in 1-2 years.

This is why they should have immediately nuked the roster in their first year. They could have at least pointed to being a team on the rapid rise with that timeline.

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
It's an impossible task that isn't based on reality, it's based on a fantasy of what this team is to expect contention in 1-2 years.

This is why they should have immediately nuked the roster in their first year. They could have at least pointed to being a team on the rapid rise with that timeline.

Funny enough, it was the same two years that Benning said he needed before he was shitcanned.

Snake Oil salesman selling the same shit to the same public and the casuals eat it up.

If we did a Montreal style rebuild we would be two years into a nice 4 year rebuild, while waiting for those god awful Myers and OEL contracts to expire.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
How the f*** do you give up a mid 2023 1st AND a high 2nd for f***ing Hronek?

Jesus f***.

yzerman sold high on a player that is overachieving 2nd pairing dman.

Hronek was able to get the ice time he has because red wings is also a rebuilding team. He capitalized on ice time probably wouldn't have gotten on a good team. now give credit where its due, hes an extremely consistent offensive dman the last.... 4 years wow.... but still.... Yzerman knows he sold high, and unlikely he will be able to sustain this because an undersized dman.....

Vancouver got robbed bad...... Ideal trade would have been a playoff contending team to trade for him, not a rebuilding team like us. It's like imaging the coyotes give up a1 st and a 2nd for him, my gosh I hate this team so much.

Reactions: gringo

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
yzerman sold high on a player that is overachieving 2nd pairing dman.

Hronek was able to get the ice time he has because red wings is also a rebuilding team. He capitalized on ice time probably wouldn't have gotten on a good team. now give credit where its due, hes an extremely consistent offensive dman the last.... 4 years wow.... but still.... Yzerman knows he sold high, and unlikely he will be able to sustain this because an undersized dman.....

Vancouver got robbed bad...... Ideal trade would have been a playoff contending team to trade for him, not a rebuilding team like us. It's like imaging the coyotes give up a1 st and a 2nd for him, my gosh I hate this team so much.
The player selected with the 2nd will be a better player than Hronek let alone the 1st.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Before today I was going to say that we should change the title since it looks like the song isn’t the same but alas…

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
So when can the Canucks sign jake Livingstone and Akita hirose ??? As early as next week?

Last edited:

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Un f***ing real. I don’t even know what to say. I was starting to feel optimistic yesterday. But no, not allowed. Every time I start to feel the slimmest glimmer of hope, this team takes a giant shit on it. Why. Just f***ing why.
I said this somewhere else but hearing of this trade hurt my stomach the same way the OEL deal did. Confirmation that they’ll never stop chasing their own dick for two home gates in April.

Reactions: mossey3535

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Why does everybody keep saying we are a rebuilding team? JR and Allvin said quite clearly we are re-tooling not rebuilding.

I'm not saying he's a sure thing, but Hronek is only in his 5th year as a defenceman, and as we know, defense takes longer to learn, and he has been trending up offensively - he was 2nd on the team in scoring, 38 points in 60 games on a low scoring team, so let's at least give this new management team a chance to show that they are better evaluators of professional level talent than the last regime.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I said this somewhere else but hearing of this trade hurt my stomach the same way the OEL deal did. Confirmation that they’ll never stop chasing their own dick for two home gates in April.
Time to focus on other, more constructive and healthy hobbies. This team abuses its fans emotionally. Just when we were getting our hopes up, a punch in the dick. Now I'm in the sauce lol.

Hopefully that ugly child abuser gets what's coming to him. I feel ok saying that more because of his track record as a human, not an owner.

As an owner, he's Harold Ballard or bill Wirtz now. But as a human he's pure excrement. So f*** him and I hope he suffers equally to what he's caused.

As for all-in (Alvin)
You are a disappointment and literally nothing you could do from this point forward could change that. You sold your soul to an evil piece of shit and a weird geriatric old man. I had high hopes but they are long gone. You are JB 2.0 and nothing else.

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
Why does everybody keep saying we are a rebuilding team? JR and Allvin said quite clearly we are re-tooling not rebuilding.

I'm not saying he's a sure thing, but Hronek is only in his 5th year as a defenceman, and as we know, defense takes longer to learn, and he has been trending up offensively - he was 2nd on the team in scoring, 38 points in 60 games on a low scoring team, so let's at least give this new management team a chance to show that they are better evaluators of professional level talent than the last regime.
At the cost (especially to a bottom feeder) this trade has to be a home run. That’s risky in and of itself.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

Perhaps somewhat shockingly I agree.

I mentioned in the trade thread just now that we are going to see a shit ton of moves from now to camp. Or at least that seems to be the case. With that sort of volume I think it makes some sense to see where the dust settles when all is said and done to be honest.

I do think the talk of OEL all over again is nonsense. Age, how the player has been trending, side the player plays on, what the player is actually good at compared to what past regime pretended OEL was good at. It's not the same.

Reactions: racerjoe

Gurn

Jan 23, 2023
Rebuild
retool
restructure
re re re.
Who cares what it is called?
Just do the right thing.

trading for Hronek, was not the right thing.
Pushes the team into cap hell, and every team out there will know it.
It is going to cost a lot to move some cap out.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Time to focus on other, more constructive and healthy hobbies. This team abuses its fans emotionally. Just when we were getting our hopes up, a punch in the dick. Now I'm in the sauce lol.

Hopefully that ugly child abuser gets what's coming to him. I feel ok saying that more because of his track record as a human, not an owner.

As an owner, he's Harold Ballard or bill Wirtz now. But as a human he's pure excrement. So f*** him and I hope he suffers equally to what he's caused.

As for all-in (Alvin)
You are a disappointment and literally nothing you could do from this point forward could change that. You sold your soul to an evil piece of shit and a weird geriatric old man. I had high hopes but they are long gone. You are JB 2.0 and nothing else.
It is absolutely going to be difficult looking away and not caring for me, and especially not browsing this Canucks sub-board. It truly is time to stop throwing good time at a terrible product though. I’m not able to follow without caring a great deal, so this franchise is pretty poisonous for my mentals.

Perhaps somewhat shockingly I agree.

I mentioned in the trade thread just now that we are going to see a shit ton of moves from now to camp. Or at least that seems to be the case. With that sort of volume I think it makes some sense to see where the dust settles when all is said and done to be honest.

I do think the talk of OEL all over again is nonsense. Age, how the player has been trending, side the player plays on, what the player is actually good at compared to what past regime pretended OEL was good at. It's not the same.
I’m not sure if maybe you saw a post of mine but I only mentioned OEL relative to the sinking feeling it gave me when they acquired him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad