Management Management Review in - Mitchell Miller

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Hopefully it won't affect their gameplay, I remember the first game after the original MM news release they played Toronto the next day and played like shit and lost.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
The HR guy at my job who drinks at lunch could have come up with this same exact set of rules, for 25 bucks an hour.

The rules they are "putting in place" sound like Running a Pro Sports Franchise For Dummies type stuff.

Sounds like they are going with the Dave Chappelle bit about his friend Chip telling cops "I didn't know I couldn't do that" as a defense.

Reactions: Bocephus86 and bb74

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
backpatter.jpg

Here's the report...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The rules they are "putting in place" sound like Running a Pro Sports Franchise For Dummies type stuff.

Sounds like they are going with the Dave Chappelle bit about his friend Chip telling cops "I didn't know I couldn't do that" as a defense.
The funniest part is people thought this would be a real inquiry. All is was in reality was someone proof reading their policy and giving some new things to check.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This went exactly how I expected and wrote here

As well as 17-3 and unfortunately 25-5

Hoping that last one will be wrong

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
At bare f***ing minimum Don Sweeney and Cam Neely lied to cover up what this piece of shit did so they could "justify" his actions as one single event.

When the entire hockey world---including their own fans---instantly saw why that was ludicrous, they all played dumb, hired an "independent" investigation, and surprise surprise nothing is happening other than now we're led to believe they'll do the bare basic minimum required of literally any workplace hiring someone for a public facing job.

Embarrassed to root for this team. Every single step of this process has been shameful. Literally every single step, including this final step to nowhere.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Congratulations to Don Sweeney and Cam Neely for being great, upstanding guys who are apparently so f***ing stupid they don't know how to Google someone's name and read the literal first result that pops up. Amazing they can tie their shoes, let alone run an NHL team. Truly. But at least they didn't do anything wrong! This report just says they're literally the dumbest people on the planet!

Or, you know, they think their fans are. Considering they thought so when they signed this garbage asshole, why start thinking any better of us now?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Congratulations to Don Sweeney and Cam Neely for being great, upstanding guys who are apparently so f***ing stupid they don't know how to Google someone's name and read the literal first result that pops up. Amazing they can tie their shoes, let alone run an NHL team. Truly. But at least they didn't do anything wrong! This report just says they're literally the dumbest people on the planet!

Or, you know, they think their fans are. Considering they thought so when they signed this garbage asshole, why start thinking any better of us now?
That’s it precisely, Mike. Their total and utter disregard for the intelligence of their fans. That’s how they’ve come across for years and this is just the most recent and most egregious example of it.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Still think Charlie gets the stink eye at the holiday dinners and Papa says you cost me a few million to white wash it.

I still think if there was a non-family fall guy . . .someone would have fell.

Reactions: Alicat

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Hopefully a "journalist" will start asking more questions of the front office like "Why did you not know the story that was published in the Athletic 2 years ago?" and "Why when you found out he hadn't reached out to Isaiah did you still show interest, and why did you think a direct message on Instagram or Facebook a week before the signing was an appropriate way to show remorse?"

But if a journalist did ask that question there would still be fans who would try to shift the blame somewhere else.
If these questions get asked the team will claim to already have addressed the issue. We’re moving forward now. This sickens me. They claimed they would be transparent with their findings instead they tell us they will start doing third party assessments sometimes. Flipping fantastic! GTFO.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
So hard to fire people no matter how negligent, unless it's an entry level basic job. It's never the bad employee or manager, it's always the "process" or the "system" that was at fault.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Findings are almost as expected, although I did think some low-hanging fruit like that dodgy-sounding scout would get the axe.

I'm not happy with it but I'm not really bothered by it either - what would be the point of wasting anger on it? This team is also building a special season and I don't want anything disrupting that. I know that shouldn't matter and the right thing should be done regardless of the wider circumstances, but given that's not going to happen no matter what, I'll take this being settled quietly and we can just get on with enjoying the performance on the ice. Don't let the players suffer for management's stupidity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad