Proposal: Malkin vs Bergeron / Marchand

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
"People" weren't talking about anything, it was a back and forth discussion between myself and one other person and I'm not the one who asserted something into a conversation I wasn't part of.

You seem really upset that I think Malkin is a better player than Bergeron and made a throwaway sarcastic comment about it. It seems to be making you intent on proving something, although I'm not sure why. In the spirit of friendship, here we go: Bergeron outscores Malkin head to head when they play one another a few games per year and even though Malkin outproduces Bergeron the rest of the time, I'm very very sorry that I so cavalierly used sarcasm to illustrate my thoughts that Malkin is, in fact, a better player.

Turn that frown upside down, it's just the internet and we can all keep our own players. Yay!

:laugh:I'm not upset in the least. Many people think Malkin is better than Bergeron, what I took issue with is that whoever you were talking to said something about Bergeron outscoring players he plays against as in a head to head matchup. You said you know someone who outscores Bergeron and that is what I commented on, that's all. Since it just isn't true that Malkin outscores Bergeron in those situations I asked who you were talking about, I wasn't trying to make you mad or anything.

I have absolutely no issue with you thinking Malkin is a better player, I was just pointing out the facts.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I bet a lot of Pens fans would salivate at this trade considering the incredible chemistry Bergie and Marchand are showing with Crosby at the World Cup!

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
I think for Boston to move these guys (even though it is very unlikely), they would want young blue chip players and/or lottery picks coming back. If those two leave, Chara, Krejci and maybe Rask wouldn't be too far behind to be placed on the trade block. Just saying a rebuild would be in order, I can't see Malkin alone keeping that from happening unless Boston miraculously acquires or develops a #1D at the same time.

Kitchener Boy

Apr 9, 2012
Kitchener
Malkin has been in the US for over a decade. He built an enormous house here, got married here, lives here in the off-season, refers to his son as a Pittsburgher, and just called Pittsburgh his second hometown in an interview. He's as much a flight risk as Crosby or Bergeron.

As far whether the Bruins would be a better team with Malkin, I'd defer to your opinion on that since you're the Bruins fan. I'd say just from what I know the blueline is a much bigger concern for them than swapping centers around.

Now if you can just get him to speak English.:)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Boston would have to add here not Pittsburgh. Bergeron and marchand together aren't as good as Malkin IMO.

I want you to think of Bruins.

Picture the blueline, Chara, Krug, Kevan Miller, Liles, McQuaid, Colin Miller.
Bergeron is Mr Everything to Bruins, without Bergeron the defensive play completely collapses, while he can also score you 30 goals +60 points while playing the toughest minutes possible.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I bet a lot of Pens fans would salivate at this trade considering the incredible chemistry Bergie and Marchand are showing with Crosby at the World Cup!

Bergeron would likely have to play 2C here so that probably wouldn't be a line. If Marchand makes it to UFA I wouldn't be surprised if the Pens kick the tires there. I think Bergeron retires a Bruin.

Now if you can just get him to speak English.:)

He does speak English.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad