News Article: Malkin seeking $10M per year with contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

SundanceKid

Jan 17, 2012
United States
I'd say take it. Crosby is a liability at this point. He gets injured enough to where Malkin is worth the money. If Crosby wasn't taking huge injuries all the time I'd say we should think it over but at this point just give him the money

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd say take it. Crosby is a liability at this point. He gets injured enough to where Malkin is worth the money. If Crosby wasn't taking huge injuries all the time I'd say we should think it over but at this point just give him the money

Taking huge injuries?

He had a concussion that was misdiagnosed/treated and it took longer than expected because of that, then he took a puck to the mouth but it didn't give him another concussion and he took hard lumps since and has been fine.

Put down your "the end is nigh" poster and sleep it off.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just hope that if/after he signs this deal he doesn't pull an Ovechkin and you know...grossly underperform for a long period of time.

Ovechkin is in just his 2nd contract and likely his last one. Malkin is going on to his 3rd with the extension, in his 1st he won the cup and Conn Smythe, then in his 2nd he won the Art Ross after a bad knee injury. I have a feeling he'll be fine.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Yeah I mean hopefully Geno will be fine for us for years and I'm sure he will be. I'm not trying to be negative on purpose at all, I love Geno. But at the same time I just don't want a 10 million dollar unmotivated albatross of a contract hanging around our necks.

After all, we're already stuck with Fleury for 5 million which blows as it is. So having a lazy, unmotivated, or undisciplined Geno floating around for years would really really suck.

If he really wants 10 million then he better be damn prepared to consistently play like he's worth that much is all. :)

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
10 million per season is about right. If you take Sid's 1st 8 years of his contract, it equates to 10.8 per season. 10 million would actually be a discount over Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad