News Article: Malkin seeking $10M per year with contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's true though, Malkin deserves that money, and he said he would take less, to me that's taking less, yes it's a raise, but a deserved one.

Malkin could easily get 11M somewhere else. If he takes 9-anything for 8 years, it's a big discount. If he takes 10, it's a moderate discount. The cap will be a bit higher when this kicks in, and a lot higher in 5 years, when he's still kicking ass / in his prime. Wait until Loui Eriksson or someone like him gets paid 8-9M 3 years from now... we'll be feeling pretty damn good about our 10M Malkin.

GLM

Aug 2, 2005
That's no surprise. Pay him and concentrate on Fleury and Letang.

ya concentrate on trading them. both showed they are not playoff guys AGAIN. save the 10 million, get some defenders in here and resign geno. can bylsma and move on.

stop wasting geno and sids best yrs with bylsmas ***** system and lack of ingame adjustments and losing to teams they should beat. time to mix it up a little bit.

Last edited:

GLM

Aug 2, 2005
Pay him... no one has done more over the past 10 years for the Pens.

what win a cup he had NOTHING to do with building? they continued to run therians system. he just wasn't as hard on the players.

He has underachieved every yr he has been here. its a *****ing joke. lost EVERY year to lower placed teams.

bylsma being retained is one thing, but the whole staff coming back is atrocious.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pay him... no one has done more over the past 10 years for the Pens.

you used 8 years the last time you said this. It gets more wrong/funny every time.

Go with 20 years next time, please.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
you used 8 years the last time you said this. It gets more wrong/funny every time.

Go with 20 years next time, please.

Figures that I have to explain myself after reading you posts lately.

Malkin was drafted in 2004. 2003 is when everyone around here was amped about getting him or Ovy. After having almost nothing to look forward to that was huge for us. Then all the staying in Russia and fighting with the K stuff happened in 2006.

10... 8... Do I need to teach you math too?

I don't have a clue what the guy above you is talking about?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Figures that I have to explain myself after reading you posts lately.

Malkin was drafted in 2004. 2003 is when everyone around here was amped about getting him or Ovy. After having almost nothing to look forward to that was huge for us. Then all the staying in Russia and fighting with the K stuff happened in 2006.

10... 8... Do I need to teach you math too?

I don't have a clue what the guy above you is talking about?

I would imagine it would be hard for you to understand my posts, seeing as how they are coherent, logical, and reasonable.

Go on with your bad self, though.

I disagree with your assertion, what's worse is it's pure, unverifiable opinion, and you parade it around like it's fact.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I would imagine it would be hard for you to understand my posts, seeing as how they are coherent, logical, and reasonable.

Go on with your bad self, though.

I disagree with your assertion, what's worse is it's pure, unverifiable opinion, and you parade it around like it's fact.
Then who has? And don't give me adjusted stats and coulda, shoulda, woulda...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Then who has? And don't give me adjusted stats and coulda, shoulda, woulda...

so don't give you facts?

Okay, let's just stay in ******** fantasy land where your mumblings make a lick of sense!

glug glug

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Point proven... thanks.

You said don't provide you with stats.

Okay: Crosby coming to the Pens saved the Pens organization for the city of Pittsburgh. That's more than anyone else has done.

Mario has done more than anyone has done.

There are at least two people who have done more for the organization in the past 10 years than Evgeni Malkin.

I tried to use small words for you. I doubt it will matter;.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Looking forward to hearing the cap-geniuses who think that $10M is overpaying.

Sorry - it just isn't. Malkin is a top player in the league and makes players around him better instaneously. Very fair price for a player of his skill level.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Looking forward to hearing the cap-geniuses who think that $10M is overpaying.

Sorry - it just isn't. Malkin is a top player in the league and makes players around him better instaneously. Very fair price for a player of his skill level.

No the cap geniuses don't say it's overpaying, instead they're saying the Penguins can't keep both and will have to trade one. Someone even said "mark my words" so that person means business.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
As of now this is the only thing I give a **** about with this team. ****ing get it done.

If I am to be "entertained" as a fan, and hope for random Cups over the next 8 years, I want to be entertained by Geno. Ya hear me Mario? Ray? I want to spend my fan dollars to be entertained by Geno. Maybe we'll get lucky and win one more Cup too.

I know there won't be any other good news coming from Penguins.com this summer.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
As of now this is the only thing I give a **** about with this team. ****ing get it done.

If I am to be "entertained" as a fan, and hope for random Cups over the next 8 years, I want to be entertained by Geno. Ya hear me Mario? Ray? I want to spend my fan dollars to be entertained by Geno. Maybe we'll get lucky and win one more Cup too.

23516335.jpg

Sorry.. couldn't help myself lol. I agree with you though, the Malkiin contract extension is the one bright patch during this tumultuous offseason.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

A 'Fleury Working Hard' article won't count. :laugh:

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I´m sorry, but Malkin´s extension is not enough to redeem Shero and his recent damage in my eyes. It´s easy to understand that we need to re-sign Geno, that doesn´t mean Shero is a good man all of a sudden. I hope Geno gets extended, but the organization is going the wrong way in general and one Geno can only do so much.. We will still fail at the end with Geno or without him..

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
$10M is more than fair, get it done Ray. Malkin will without a doubt get a higher cap hit than Crosby, considering Crosby got a 12 year deal and those aren't allowed in this CBA.

Empros*

Are you guys sure you want to shell out that much cash? For an extra 500k you can afford our dynamic duo of Hemsky and Horcoff for just 10.5 million.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
I don't realy like Malkin for $10 million. That's nearly 1/3 of the cap tied up in two players. The cap has gone down and Malkin hasn't really become drastically better since his last $8.7 million contract. He might want the same dollar value that Sid's getting, but Sid signed his contract at a different time and he'll be taking a paycut at the end of his career that Malkin won't ever have to take.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't like Malkin for $10 million. That's nearly 1/3 of the cap tied up in two players. The cap has gone down and Malkin hasn't really become drastically better since his last $8.7 million contract. He might want the same dollar value that Sid's getting, but Sid signed his contract at a different time and he'll be taking a paycut at the end of his career that Malkin won't ever have to take.

the cap will go back up again. in fact, it will be back up by the time this deal even goes into effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad