Value of: Make a Trade with San Jose

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Toronto gets Justin Braun

San Jose gets
Andreas Borgman
TOR 3rd

Braun can play in the top 4 with Rielly or Muzzin and Borgman can be a 3rd pair LHD who is physical and can PK while saving SJ $3 mil in cap.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
The real question yet to be answered in this thread. Is there ANY interest in Dell/Melker.

I assume zero, but some posters I know think they’re moveable assets. Any takers?
I think the best way to go about it would be to move them with the other players.

Ex. Braun and Dell to New Jersey for Nashville's 2nd Rd pick and a 3rd or something like that

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Make it a second and someone on your team that can play hockey
Sorry, it was in that proposal that I realized that I don't think the Sharks and Leafs are good trade partners. Because there is nothing on the roster that I would be willing to offer to get Braun and I wouldn't want to use a 2nd because the Leafs already dealt their 1st and I wouldn't want to wait until the 3rd to make their 1st pick.

Sorry to wait your time.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I think the best way to go about it would be to move them with the other players.

Ex. Braun and Dell to New Jersey for Nashville's 2nd Rd pick and a 3rd or something like that

I assume they’d have to be part of a package.

The question for me on that though is without anyone actually wanting them, are we devaluing a potential Braun/Dillon return by tacking on those guys? Or do they have any actual value on their own.

Like it be thrilled to let Melker go for a 7th. I’ll take a pick and the 2mil cap savings. However does anyone actually take that offer? And Dell.... does anyone actually want a 2mil backup goalie who had an abysmal year?

I’m asking if they have any value, not are they possible to offload which I think they are with short inexpensive contracts.

kiwidevil

We need Left side D and dont need a backup G.
Right side we have Severson and Vatanen. We have Schneider and Blackwood at G.

And when you are trying to dump to dump Dell with Braun, i dont see why we are giving a 2nd and a 3rd.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

And when you are trying to dump to dump Dell with Braun, i dont see why we are giving a 2nd and a 3rd.

I would trade Brenden Dillon and Melker Karlsson to New Jersey in exchange for the 55th overall pick in this year's draft.

kiwidevil

Hmm maybe? Not bad at all.
Make it the 70th instead seeing as we are taking so much cap hit off your hands? And you get the pleasure of using the Ducks pick.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis

Hate to say it, but I pretty much nailed it. Braun for a 2nd and a 3rd.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
the Sharks absolutely cannot afford to pay Taylor Hall

They absolutely can.

What would the Sharks give up for Taylor Hall?

I just don't think they have the pieces and I don't know New Jersey's needs. If I had to guess, I would offer a futures package; something like:

- Sasha Chmelevski
- Ryan Merkley
- 2021 1st round pick

But it would be risky to add another injury prone player in Hall after we already committed $92M to one in Karlsson.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
They absolutely can.

I just don't think they have the pieces and I don't know New Jersey's needs. If I had to guess, I would offer a futures package; something like:

- Sasha Chmelevski
- Ryan Merkley
- 2021 1st round pick

But it would be risky to add another injury prone player in Hall after we already committed $92M to one in Karlsson.

I would rather walk away with my head held high after failing to sign hall and lose him for nothing than accept that offer.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I would rather walk away with my head held high after failing to sign hall and lose him for nothing than accept that offer.

Considering the Sharks have signed EK to an 11.5m x 8 year contract, the team will need to enter Win Now Mode because the last few years of that contract ( @ 11.5m a year caphit ) has the real danger of slamming their window shut if the Cap doesn't rise.

Taylor Hall is a lot healthier than people give him credit for. In fact, with a single year at 6M, the Sharks could argue his injury and get him for something closer to reasonable. He's 27 and only a season off of 90+ points.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00