Value of: Make a Trade with San Jose

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I don't the Blues and Sharks match up well for a deal so anything I would offer up is more in a vacuum.

Theoretically, if offer sheets were a thing that actually got used, Timo Meier is someone that a team should threaten San Jose with to see if you could work out a trade instead.

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
Braun, Dillon, M. Karlasson, and Dell are all available for picks. I have Braun in the low 1st/2nd (mulitple?) range, Dillon low 2nd/3rd, Karlsson for a 4th, and a bag of teeth for Dell.

Picks can be in '19, '20, or'21.

Dillon + Dell for the 77th selection?

Clears about 5.17M AAV of cap space for San Jose, gives Montreal a LHD & backup goalie.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't the Blues and Sharks match up well for a deal so anything I would offer up is more in a vacuum.

Theoretically, if offer sheets were a thing that actually got used, Timo Meier is someone that a team should threaten San Jose with to see if you could work out a trade instead.

That only works if Timo is willing to go down that path with another team and it doesn't seem like he is.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
That only works if Timo is willing to go down that path with another team and it doesn't seem like he is.

For sure. Highly unlikely. Takes him being interested (no guarantee) and a team going high enough to make San Jose balk and that’s going to be relatively high.

It is a potential avenue that I would explore if I were running certain teams, even if ultimately goes nowhere. Doesn’t seem likely to say the least.

People talk about whoever the top RFA is (this year it’s Marner) and talk about the pie in the sky 12 million dollar offer sheet, but I think it’s the lower level guys where it can become feasible. Guys like Timo Meier, Josh Morrisey etc are where I think they become possible IF they are going to happen at all.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I'm unfamiliar what's the situation in SJ with Pavelski. Does you guys think he will resign ? Do the Sharks have the cap for ?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
For sure. Highly unlikely. Takes him being interested (no guarantee) and a team going high enough to make San Jose balk and that’s going to be relatively high.

It is a potential avenue that I would explore if I were running certain teams, even if ultimately goes nowhere. Doesn’t seem likely to say the least.

People talk about whoever the top RFA is (this year it’s Marner) and talk about the pie in the sky 12 million dollar offer sheet, but I think it’s the lower level guys where it can become feasible. Guys like Timo Meier, Josh Morrisey etc are where I think they become possible IF they are going to happen at all.

I agree with this take but I think the pie in the sky 12 mil offer sheet for Marner is not terribly unrealistic. There seems to be a desire by the player to at the very least use it as leverage and I wouldn't be surprised if he did it.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I agree with this take but I think the pie in the sky 12 mil offer sheet for Marner is not terribly unrealistic. There seems to be a desire by the player to at the very least use it as leverage and I wouldn't be surprised if he did it.

Yeah it’s a case by case basis for certain.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I'm unfamiliar what's the situation in SJ with Pavelski. Does you guys think he will resign ? Do the Sharks have the cap for ?
Unknown at the moment but based on DW and Pavelski's comments I'd say there's a good chance he's back. DW will move some combination of Braun/Dillon/Melker/Dell for the space.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I'm not sure. I think he'll re-sign but there's some rumblings about him maybe being unhappy and wanting to leave. They have the cap space to make it work with him but some things have to be moved around.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Unknown at the moment but based on DW and Pavelski's comments I'd say there's a good chance he's back. DW will move some combination of Braun/Dillon/Melker/Dell for the space.
I'm not sure. I think he'll re-sign but there's some rumblings about him maybe being unhappy and wanting to leave. They have the cap space to make it work with him but some things have to be moved around.
God damn it !! After how great he looked when he came back I would loved him as an Avs :(

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I haven't heard that. Last I heard he said something along the lines of "I'm sure we'll get something done".

From exit interviews,

“I’m pretty confident,” Pavelski shared. “I’ve got a pretty strong belief system that I’ll be back here."

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I haven't heard that. Last I heard he said something along the lines of "I'm sure we'll get something done".

From exit interviews,

“I’m pretty confident,” Pavelski shared. “I’ve got a pretty strong belief system that I’ll be back here."

This is from someone on our boards who’ve broken a thing or two lately that I’m at least willing to take it into consideration. Nothing definitive but worth noting.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Any interest in Melker Karlsson? He’s a speedy, high energy, 4th line winger. He’s defensively responsible and good for heavy PK minutes. He manages to bang in about 10 goals a year but doesn’t really have any upside. Our coach likes to play him up in the lineup because he provides speed and is an effective F1 but he doesn’t really have the puck skills for anywhere except the 4th line. He has one year left at $2MM. He makes a bit too much money for his role which is why the Sharks will probably move him. He’s a nice depth player for a team that isn’t up against the cap. I expect him to be moved for a late round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad