Value of: Make a Trade with Nashville

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
:nashville

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem is necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I feel like Kreider could be a fit, but I'm not quite sure what I'd look for in return. Kreider at 50% retained for...

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
If the Preds did go after Duchene, they'd need to move someone (I think Turris)....what would it take from the Canes to get in on that? I think he'd be a decent gamble on a bounce back after he we admittedly horrible this year.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If the Preds did go after Duchene, they'd need to move someone (I think Turris)....what would it take from the Canes to get in on that? I think he'd be a decent gamble on a bounce back after he we admittedly horrible this year.

I'd imagine the ask wouldn't be high at all. I think if the Pred's got Duchene, they'd be willing to take any non cap hit back for Turris and rid themselves of 6 million over 5 years.

Reactions: Moosetache

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'd imagine the ask wouldn't be high at all. I think if the Pred's got Duchene, they'd be willing to take any non cap hit back for Turris and rid themselves of 6 million over 5 years.
Yeah, if we've actually signed Duchene, give us just any ol' thing for Turris. No retention or anything, but you can have him for a song. New country even.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC

Thats kind of where I was, but I didn't want to insult anyone on that side. Love the Preds as a Canes fan, who I'd root for in the West given the chance.

Little retention maybe? :naughty:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Thats kind of where I was, but I didn't want to insult anyone on that side. Love the Preds as a Canes fan, who I'd root for in the West given the chance.

Little retention maybe? :naughty:
You could try for retention anyway, but that would probably involve waiting a few months and hoping there are no other suitors. If the only thing the Preds do is sign Duchene and keep all the rest of their incumbents, they wouldn't be a full $6M over the cap. They'd have a little bit of room to retain in theory. Then every step you took closer to the cap compliance deadline in the fall would take you one step closer to them being desperate enough to drop Turris with a wee bit of retention perhaps. It's highly unlikely Poile would let things get into that kind of last minute game of chicken, though. But that's about the only way I see retention coming into play. :dunno:

Reactions: Moosetache

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018
I'd trade for Granlund as a habs fan, hoping he would resign after next year. but i dont know what granlund value is.
Maybe something around Drouin(5,5 mil x 4 years) for Granlund(5,75 x 1 year) with a + but not sure what

Add an other finn to our team, why not eh?

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017

Make us an offer

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Subban and Turris

To Van

For

Virtanen Hutton Sutter and 2020 1st rnd pick top 10 protected. Becomes 2021 unprotected otherwise.

Frees up cap space for Nashville and gives them young roster players as well as top draft pick. Sutter can be used as shutdown C going against the hard matchups needed in playoffs

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Subban and Turris

To Van

For

Virtanen Hutton Sutter and 2020 1st rnd pick top 10 protected. Becomes 2021 unprotected otherwise.

A team whose missed the playoffs 5 years in a row isn't about to trade a future 1st rnd pick for 2 players who haven probably already peaked and have nowhere to go but down. Turris had a terrible year and Subban has 3 years left at 9mil. Neither player are going to bring in what they once could. At this point they're cap dumps for Nashville to upgrade.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
A team whose missed the playoffs 5 years in a row isn't about to trade a future 1st rnd pick for 2 players who haven probably already peaked and have nowhere to go but down. Turris had a terrible year and Subban has 3 years left at 9mil. Neither player are going to bring in what they once could. At this point they're cap dumps for Nashville to upgrade.

I believe this should be the last year that the Canucks should be drafting high. They need to support all their top end prospects w legitimate NHLers. Cant just keep drafting and drafting high.

Core of Pettersson Boeser Horvat Hughes Gaudette Demko along with this years 10th pick need to be complimented.

Wild Cards : Virtanen Juolevi Woo Lind Gadjovich Dipietro

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I believe this should be the last year that the Canucks should be drafting high. They need to support all their top end prospects w legitimate NHLers. Cant just keep drafting and drafting high.

Core of Pettersson Boeser Horvat Hughes Gaudette Demko along with this years 10th pick need to be complimented.

Until they show signs of taking the next step they won't be trading a future 1st for two players whose best games are likely behind them. This isn't just my opinion, it's a fact. Not very often we see perennial bottom feeder teams trade their future picks for aging vets in hopes of making a step. That is freaking crazy.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Islanders trade their 57th pick for Nashville 75th and 117th. Islanders don't have a 3rd or 4th rounder this year so 2 picks might be better than one higher one

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Until they show signs of taking the next step they won't be trading a future 1st for two players whose best games are likely behind them. This isn't just my opinion, it's a fact. Not very often we see perennial bottom feeder teams trade their future picks for aging vets in hopes of making a step. That is freaking crazy.

Canucks have shown heavy interest on Subban before and Turris is from Van .

Neither are considered past their prime either. Maybe plateau'd but not over the hill.

Their contracts fit well for when the Canucks will need the salary cap space as well.

I dont think it's too far fetched especially when they have a GM that is probably on a 'make the playoffs or get fired ' ultimatum.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Subban and Turris

To Van

For

Frees up cap space for Nashville and gives them young roster players as well as top draft pick. Sutter can be used as shutdown C going against the hard matchups needed in playoffs
I can't see the benefit in that for the Preds. Subban is too important to us still to sell him off that cheaply. He could be traded. But not for cap dumps coming back and futures. We already have Bonino and Sissons at center so even if there is some argument that Sutter might be anything but a cap dump, he brings nothing to us. We already have a full set of LD, so Hutton doesn't do anything either. Virtanen and a 1st is not enough for Subban.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
You're missing the point. I'm not talking about the team having interest in those type of players, or even these specific players. My argument is about you thinking a team like Vancouver is going to trade their future 1st round pick for 2 players whose best games are behind them. That just flat out isn't going to happen. Until they show otherwise Vancouver has been a lottery team the past 5 years. those teams don't trade 1st picks for players past their prime.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I can't see the benefit in that for the Preds. Subban is too important to us still to sell him off that cheaply. He could be traded. But not for cap dumps coming back and futures. We already have Bonino and Sissons at center so even if there is some argument that Sutter might be anything but a cap dump, he brings nothing to us. We already have a full set of LD, so Hutton doesn't do anything either. Virtanen and a 1st is not enough for Subban.

Bonino and Sissons cant do the role that Sutter can potentially bring to the Preds.

I get your point tho.

But I get the feeling the Preds want a big time change and wants to be aggressive in Free Agency, I think they will explore trying to create as much cap space as possible

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I don't think we want Kadri or Brown. Ellis could be traded, but it would take a higher profile scoring winger. Starting point would be more like Kapanen, sliding up towards Nylander perhaps.
Not too interested in trading nylander tbh. He is looking poised for a comeback year and Ellis is a bit too old to deal him for. We cant just deal kap as his cap hit wont be enough to balance the books

Would something like

Kap+Kadri for Ellis + Scissons work from the preds POV?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad