Value of: Make a Trade with Edmonton

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Add Manning, Russell or Gagner for cap purposes and I'd make that trade unless Dach is available at 8.

We'd take Manning, sure, but the only way this gets done from our end is if Turcotte or Zegras are there.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
You get out of Zaitsev’s contract three years early and probably shed 3.5 mil in cap space. Could be a lot worse.

While Zaitsev is not a great D man he has been horribly deployed by Babcock which leads to a lot of hate. Yes his contract length and amount is not great be he is not a total loss IMO. You asking us to take back two years of Russel ( who is as bad) and a player who is a third, likely 4th liner on a championship team. Plus we give you a kid just after his first full season who would have been the forth highest scorer on your team?....

Think again

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Tell me again how much value Jack Roslovic, Sami Niku, and Mason Appleton have :laugh:
Ive never once told you the value of those players. Once again, just because you don't like another prospect or player it doesn't make Oiler players and prospects any better. But I'd change the subject if I were you too.

We all know your schtick around here. If even 10% of what you say is true the Oilers would be challenging for Cups not picking 8th in the draft.

Reactions: bukwas

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
While Zaitsev is not a great D man he has been horribly deployed by Babcock which leads to a lot of hate. Yes his contract length and amount is not great be he is not a total loss IMO. You asking us to take back two years of Russel ( who is as bad) and a player who is a third, likely 4th liner on a championship team. Plus we give you a kid just after his first full season who would have been the forth highest scorer on your team?....

Think again

Russell for Zaitsev is sizeably in favour of Toronto and Khaira is one season removed from having a really good and productive season. He had a bit of a step back with injuries last year but it’s not as far off as you’re making it out be.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ive never once told you the value of those players. Once again, just because you don't like another prospect or player it doesn't make Oiler players and prospects any better. But I'd change the subject if I were you too.

We all know your schtick around here. If even 10% of what you say is true the Oilers would be challenging for Cups not picking 8th in the draft.

Oh please. You guys are among the league’s worst at overrating your own prospects and players . Sami Niku - top pairing defenceman! Eric Comrie’s gonna be a starter in this league! Jack Roslovic - wouldn’t trade him for RNH straight up! Ehlers had the best 37 point season in NHL history, just look at these charts, he’s SO MUCH BETTER than your player that had damn near 70! Perreault and spare parts is totally a fair offer for RNH! :laugh: Abysmal.

Benson is a hell of a young player who just had an incredible 20 year old AHL season, and Bear has a ton of upside. You just look ignorant by taking shots at them for no reason.

Reactions: McAsuno and 780il

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

Jets are static or will take a step back. Wouldn't you guys look to do a slight retool and then get back at it? Prospects would help there. Your D will take a big step back next season unless you can keep them all together. Trouba and Myers gone? Buff one year older. That's a big hole. Some good young D prospects might come in handy.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Oh please. You guys are among the league’s worst at overrating your own prospects and players . Sami Niku - top pairing defenceman! Eric Comrie’s gonna be a starter in this league! Jack Roslovic - wouldn’t trade him for RNH straight up! Ehlers had the best 37 point season in NHL history, just look at these charts, he’s SO MUCH BETTER than your player that had damn near 70! Perreault and spare parts is totally a fair offer for RNH! :laugh: Abysmal.

Benson is a hell of a young player who just had an incredible 20 year old AHL season, and Bear has a ton of upside. You just look ignorant by taking shots at them for no reason.
So now you need to literally just make things up to help your nonsense. That's reaching a new low even for you. I've never said any of that and even if I did it still doesn't make any Oiler players or prospects any better.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So now you need to literally just make things up to help your nonsense. That's reaching a new low even for you. I've never said any of that and even if I did it still doesn't make any Oiler players or prospects any better.

Jets fans in general, not you specifically. A modicum of regular season success and you’ve become Toronto West on this board.

The Ehlers crap is 100% on you, by the way.

You don’t have the moral high ground here, for the record. You shat all over two pretty good prospects for absolutely zero reason so spare us the victim act.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Jets are static or will take a step back. Wouldn't you guys look to do a slight retool and then get back at it? Prospects would help there. Your D will take a big step back next season unless you can keep them all together. Trouba and Myers gone? Buff one year older. That's a big hole. Some good young D prospects might come in handy.

It's hard to say what the Jets will be next year until we find out what happens with Trouba and their RFA contracts. The Trouba trade alone could be the re tool.

I'm not worried about Buff for the next two years. But I agree at least until Trouba/Myers has been decided the defense is a question. They can't immediately replace those guys in house. I'd be surprised if Niku could walk in as a solid 2nd pair right away. At the same time I'd be surprised if he didn't get there in the next year or two.

I think a lot of people forget how young the Jets are. The biggest problem with young players is they can be inconsistent. We saw that this year especially with Laine. Was that a back problem? Was the back problem just an excuse? Or is he going to figure out how to be better 5 on 5 in the off season? He's only 21, I don't think he's done growing as a player.

Other main pieces are young and are still improving and for the most part they don't need to get better they just need to be good more often. I'm talking about Connor (22), Ehlers (23), or even Scheifele (26) was really inconsistent last year.

At the end it really comes down to what Chevy can get done with Trouba. Chevy has been living off that Kane trade for a long time. What he does with Trouba is going to be his new reputation.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Think again

Breaking down the trade value of Maple Leafs defender Nikita Zaitsev - Sportsnet.ca

Like they say you either add an asset to move him or you take back a bad contract . But hey everyone’s been tell Leafs fans this but they don’t want to listen

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
It's hard to say what the Jets will be next year until we find out what happens with Trouba and their RFA contracts. The Trouba trade alone could be the re tool.

I'm not worried about Buff for the next two years. But I agree at least until Trouba/Myers has been decided the defense is a question. They can't immediately replace those guys in house. I'd be surprised if Niku could walk in as a solid 2nd pair right away. At the same time I'd be surprised if he didn't get there in the next year or two.

I think a lot of people forget how young the Jets are. The biggest problem with young players is they can be inconsistent. We saw that this year especially with Laine. Was that a back problem? Was the back problem just an excuse? Or is he going to figure out how to be better 5 on 5 in the off season? He's only 21, I don't think he's done growing as a player.

Other main pieces are young and are still improving and for the most part they don't need to get better they just need to be good more often. I'm talking about Connor (22), Ehlers (23), or even Scheifele (26) was really inconsistent last year.

At the end it really comes down to what Chevy can get done with Trouba. Chevy has been living off that Kane trade for a long time. What he does with Trouba is going to be his new reputation.

You think they will resign Myers or does he want too much money?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

You accuse Jets fans of overrating their young players and then you state Benson had an “incredible “ season in the ahl! lol

Incredible season is Teemu Selanne scoring 70 as a rookie.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Jets fans in general, not you specifically. A modicum of regular season success and you’ve become Toronto West on this board.

The Ehlers crap is 100% on you, by the way.

You don’t have the moral high ground here, for the record. You shat all over two pretty good prospects for absolutely zero reason so spare us the victim act.
I do have the moral high ground you just admitted you are liar. It doesn't get much lower than that.

Ehlers? No. All I did is post stats and facts about RNH with zero context for you to explain and you got upset and lost your mind.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
You think they will resign Myers or does he want too much money?
I cant help but think some other team is going to lose their damn mind and offer Myers stupid money and stupid term. Seems to happen every year for ufas. That's how the Jets got Kulikov.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I do have the moral high ground you just admitted you are liar. It doesn't get much lower than that.

Ehlers? No. All I did is post stats and facts about RNH with zero context for you to explain and you got upset and lost your mind.

No, about as low as it gets is crapping on young men for no other reason than they play for a team you don’t like. Grow up.

You posted three charts and proceeded to whine about how nobody appreciates Ehlers and how he’s so much better than a guy that nearly doubled his point totals. :laugh: greatest 37 point season in NHL history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad