Value of: Make a Trade with Edmonton

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Breaking down the trade value of Maple Leafs defender Nikita Zaitsev - Sportsnet.ca

Like they say you either add an asset to move him or you take back a bad contract . But hey everyone’s been tell Leafs fans this but they don’t want to listen

Expecting a low return is different then us paying premium assets to get rid of him. As always Oilers fans expecting teams to buy your garbage and smile. Ummm no.

About the only thing that will transpire between our two teams is likely Brown for a pick. NYI 3rd is a fair price IMO. Brown likely recaptures some of that offensive flair displayed when given the opportunity.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
No, about as low as it gets is crapping on young men for no other reason than they play for a team you don’t like. Grow up.

You posted three charts and proceeded to whine about how nobody appreciates Ehlers and how he’s so much better than a guy that nearly doubled his point totals. :laugh: greatest 37 point season in NHL history.
Liar again, I never went on about Ehlers. I was focused on a value for RNH. This is pathetic. Nothing but lies, red herrings and straw men from you.

Such a persecution complex, you should look at becoming a Leaf fan.

I dont think anyone hates the Oilers outside of maybe Calgary. They haven't done anything to any other team for decades. It's sad to see a once great franchise become what it has and possibly the best player in the world be buried by such poor management. I'd really like to see Holland fix them. But I'm not going to lie and tell you everything is great like you want. Sorry, go look for pity complements on B prospects and weak 2nd line centers somewhere else.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Go on over to quant hockey and bring up the company he’s in for 20 year old AHL seasons. I realize the Rocket are a cesspool but we’re actually building a pretty good group of young pros in Bakersfield.

I don't know, seems like a lot of "maybe he will, maybe he won't" to me.

Reactions: TS Quint

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Liar again, I never went on about Ehlers. I was focused on a value for RNH. This is pathetic. Nothing but lies, red herrings and straw men from you.

Such a persecution complex, you should look at becoming a Leaf fan.

I dont think anyone hates the Oilers outside of maybe Calgary. They haven't done anything to any other team for decades. It's sad to see a once great franchise become what it has and possibly the best player in the world be buried by such poor management. I'd really like to see Holland fix them. But I'm not going to lie and tell you everything is great like you want. Sorry, go look for pity complements on B prospects and weak 2nd line centers somewhere else.

The hell you didn’t :laugh:

Maybe one day you’ll get lucky and your team will actually accomplish something in the playoffs instead of being wholly irrelevant for its entire existence, maybe then you’d actually have a reason to look down your nose at players like RNH and Benson - the latter of which would be the top prospect in your entire organization.

Anyway, neither here nor there. This thread is about trading with Edmonton and Jets fans want absurd prices for absolutely everything so there’s no deal at all to be made.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That’s literally every prospect ever drafted since the beginning of time. Strong 20 year old AHL numbers are a really good indicator of future NHL success.

Yeah, and according to the list you directed me to, also a good indicator of never amounting to much at the NHL level, apparently.

Reactions: TS Quint

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, and according to the list you directed me to, also a good indicator of never amounting to much at the NHL level, apparently.

Some hits, some misses. That list is also full of poor skaters and small players, of which Benson is neither. People seem to forget he was one of the best players on the planet for his age group for years before he had injury setbacks. Thankfully it looks like he’s back on the right path.

Better 20 year old numbers than Tatar, DeBrusk, Ryan, Zucker, Toffoli, Marchand, Parise, Kesler, Eller, Maroon, Stoll, Turris, Vermette... I could go on.

Is Benson a guarantee? No, he’s not. Nobody is a guarantee, not even the likes of Hughes and Kakko. But he’s also not some dime a dozen B prospect like he’s been foolishly accused of being on here.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
The hell you didn’t :laugh:

Maybe one day you’ll get lucky and your team will actually accomplish something in the playoffs instead of being wholly irrelevant for its entire existence, maybe then you’d actually have a reason to look down your nose at players like RNH and Benson - the latter of which would be the top prospect in your entire organization.

Anyway, neither here nor there. This thread is about trading with Edmonton and Jets fans want absurd prices for absolutely everything so there’s no deal at all to be made.
Sure thing liar. Go ahead and quote me. But congrats on derailing another thread with lies, red herrings and straw men.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That’s literally every prospect ever drafted since the beginning of time. Strong 20 year old AHL numbers are a really good indicator of future NHL success.

I think Benson will have a good NHL career but there has been many players that put up great AHL numbers but don’t do Jack in the NHL .

I also don’t like to bash young players for a down year . Our very own RNH has had a bad year with only 42 points in 82 games in 2016/17 . Not sure any of us need to be bashing young players . Puljujarvi gets bashed lots for what ? Bad development by the Oilers ? Who knows maybe he would be the same player no matter whom drafted him . Maybe he just a below average hockey player but he still does not to be bashed

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sure thing liar. Go ahead and quote me. But congrats on derailing another thread with lies, red herrings and straw men.

Actually this thread’s about my favourite team, not yours. I have more business here than you do. If anyone is derailing it it’s the sour individual that hates prospects for being drafted by the Oilers.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think Benson will have a good NHL career but there has been many players that put up great AHL numbers but don’t do Jack in the NHL .

I also don’t like to bash young players for a down year . Our very own RNH has had a bad year with only 42 points in 82 games in 2016/17 . Not sure any of us need to be bashing young players . Puljujarvi gets bashed lots for what ? Bad development by the Oilers ? Who knows maybe he would be the same player no matter whom drafted him . Maybe he just a below average hockey player but he still does not to be bashed

I haven’t bashed Ehlers at all, unless “he’s not as good as RNH and he had 37 points last year” can be considered a bash. One is an opinion, the other is a black and white fact.

Some might take it as a bash, but that’s their problem, not mine. IMO RNH is a top 30 C in this league.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I haven’t bashed Ehlers at all, unless “he’s not as good as RNH and he had 37 points last year” can be considered a bash. One is an opinion, the other is a black and white fact.

Some might take it as a bash, but that’s their problem, not mine. IMO RNH is a top 30 C in this league.

Wasn’t directed at anyone . Was just a general statement . Not all players are like McDavid they have up and down years . I do agree we lose a trade if RNH were traded for Ehlers as we can not have Draisaitl and McDavid together any more . So even if Ehlers produce at the same pace as RNH how much offence would we lose from separating Draisaitl and McDavid. 1 trade can change a whole team make up and destroy chemistry

CaleMakaw

Jul 12, 2018
Alex Kerfoot for a 2nd.

Cheap 40 point option for the oilers. 2.5M in arbitration I think. He plays a soft game similar to many of the undersized forwards already on the Avs.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Actually this thread’s about my favourite team, not yours. I have more business here than you do. If anyone is derailing it it’s the sour individual that hates prospects for being drafted by the Oilers.
I don’t hate the Oilers or their players. Just stating the facts. You on the other hand are an admitted liar. But you think it’s ok to lie about what I say and the facts about the Oilers because they are your favorite team. Why do you think your lies help the Oilers? What you or I say really has no impact on the reality of the Oilers situation so you might as well start trying to be honest. Just because you like the Oiler doesn’t make your lies true or my facts lies.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Done

Nope

I wouldn't do that. But maybe that's just me.

Gallagher brings a lot to the table besides just points. I know Nurse does to and plays a more important position. I guess the only real reason I'd consider a Nurse/Gallagher swap is because Nurse is entering the last year of his bridge deal and he is going to ask for a dump-truck full of cash. We have LDH coming... and adding a guy like Gallagher to the forward lines is exactly what they need. He is one of those "culture change" kind of guys.

Food for thought Oiler fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad