Value of: Make a Trade with Edmonton

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Before you guys post 3 million ****ty proposals on here: no, we're not attaching the 8th pick to move Lucic. If the 8th pick is traded it's gonna be for an under 24 top 6 winger who can step in on our 2nd line and be a major difference maker. No we don't need a winger for McDavid, Drai just scored 50 goals three. And we are absolutely not trading away good players for draft picks and prospects.

Quick PSA

Athanasiou for #8OA?

FWIW, I don't see Ken Holland doing this at all.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
AA isn't worth it to Edmonton to give up a top 10 pick. A late 2nd won't do the trick either.

Maybe not, but you can't really claim you're not giving up #8 for anything but a U24 Top 6 winger when AA is clearly that.

And was arguably better than Mantha last year.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Count Johnsson as another player that won't be attached to move Zaitsev. I mean in my opinion (talent wise) Zaitsev>Russel. Now i get the contract issue, but the Leafs are only making Z available due to his request...they aren't in a "They have to move him at all costs" position here.

I get GMs trying to put the screws to Toronto here, but the Leafs can just keep zaitsev.

Can they keep him? How’s that going to work when Marner gets $12M and the Leafs still have a weak defense group?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Can they keep him? How’s that going to work when Marner gets $12M and the Leafs still have a weak defense group?
Well, firstly, if Marner is getting 12...another team is paying it via offersheet. So after the Leafs decide what they are going to do with the 4 1st rounders they get....they will then decide what to do with the cap space they would have used for signing Marner.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Well, firstly, if Marner is getting 12...another team is paying it via offersheet. So after the Leafs decide what they are going to do with the 4 1st rounders they get....they will then decide what to do with the cap space they would have used for signing Marner.

SO you’d rather lose Marner who’s a top 15 player in the league and keep Zaitsev who is barely a bottom pairing guy on a terrible contract, instead of attaching a small add to Zaitsev to get rid of his terrible contract and keeping Marner?

The cap space they need to sign Marner is obtained by ridding themselves of Zaitsev. You’ve already spent it on a terrible player.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
We’re in no position to add 5 million bucks worth of struggling winger and drop out of the interesting forwards for the pleasure of doing so.
Then add non-Lucic cap going back to Minnesota. There should still be "interesting forwards" left at #12 and getting a 50 pt winger isn't a bad thing, especially when they are much more of a goal scorer than a playmaker.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
SO you’d rather lose Marner who’s a top 15 player in the league and keep Zaitsev who is barely a bottom pairing guy on a terrible contract, instead of attaching a small add to Zaitsev to get rid of his terrible contract and keeping Marner?

The cap space they need to sign Marner is obtained by ridding themselves of Zaitsev. You’ve already spent it on a terrible player.
Umm...not paying Marner a ludicrous contract has nothing to do with Zaitsev. We could trade Zaitsev with zero cap coming back and i still wouldn't pay 12 to Marner. If Marner wants 12? Sign the 1st offersheet you get son.

AreUmadBro96

May 27, 2019
Then add non-Lucic cap going back to Minnesota. There should still be "interesting forwards" left at #12 and getting a 50 pt winger isn't a bad thing, especially when they are much more of a goal scorer than a playmaker.

I agree, Zucker would be better than having JP next year. Worth picking at 12.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Kapanen + Zaitsev + Brown for Larsson
Brown for Benning
Bracco for 38
2nd one is good, no thanks to the other two.

If you did 8th + Manning + Gagner for Zucker + 12th and if Boldy was somehow still there I'd do it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
2nd one is good, no thanks to the other two.

If you did 8th + Manning + Gagner for Zucker + 12th and if Boldy was somehow still there I'd do it.
Taking out Pulj on top of adding cap dumps move the deal in the wrong direction for Minnesota. If you want to take out Pulj, then another forward prospect would need to be in his place. There is also no way one would know if Boldy would be there at #12 because Minnesota would want to make their own pick at #8.

Ementy

May 11, 2010
There isn't a deal in which we are attaching Kap to Zaitsev...unless Larsson is involved, which wouldn't happen.
Kapanen + Kadri for Larsson + Pulujarvi

Cap savings and defense for Toronto you can resign your players and run a RHD with both Larsson + Zaitsev or ship him out to Van but you guys deal with Zaitsev on your own. If there was a way to add brown to the deal feel free.

Edmonton gets the scoring depth they need and can slot in one of the young RHD to replace Larsson. (One of Bear, Jones, Bouchard, Mantha or Samorukov) Jeez the oilers have a good future on the blue line.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Kapanen + Kadri for Larsson + Pulujarvi

Cap savings and defense for Toronto you can resign your players and run a RHD with both Larsson + Zaitsev or ship him out to Van but you guys deal with Zaitsev on your own. If there was a way to add brown to the deal feel free.

Edmonton gets the scoring depth they need and can slot in one of the young RHD to replace Larsson. (One of Bear, Jones, Bouchard, Mantha or Samorukov) Jeez the oilers have a good future on the blue line.
This one is interesting, but i think Kadri is fairly close to Larsdon in value....Pulji isn't close to Kap though.

Ementy

May 11, 2010
This one is interesting, but i think Kadri is fairly close to Larsdon in value....Pulji isn't close to Kap though.
Given Torontos situation I think the cap room plays a value in here. But I mean nothing wrong with adding a 3rd rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad