Value of: Make a trade with Calgary

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I would trade Ehlers and Eric Comrie for Travis Hamonic and Mark Jankowski. Flames get a top 6 forward who might fly playing next to Backlund, which is maximizing the value of Hamonic, who they may not want to re-sign depending on how Andersson develops. Jets get a shutdown pair d-man, good on the PK, which means they can trade Trouba for multiple parts. Jankowski adds size to the forward group, and his ELC helps the Jets with Cap management.

Reactions: Flameshomer

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I don't see why we do that. There are two reasons we trade Brodie beyond improving our fire power with the forward core, and that is to make room for Kylington/Valimaki/Brodie/whoever and to maybe free up some cap space. If we take on Zaitsev? Then we don't have the room and our cap space is in the exact same spot just for 4x longer. Don't think the Flames want anything to do with Zaitsev tbh.

Kylington and Valimaki both play the left side. Zaitsev’s cap hit definitely would suck but he wouldn’t block either of them. I also think Andersson and Hamonic would be above him on the depth chart but then you’re basically paying 4.5 mil for a third pairing guy

I’m not sure we’d get added value for Brodie by taking Zaitsev. I don’t think he’s a bad player just overpaid. There are team’s with a big hole on the right side that will probably take a flyer on him for a mid-late pick

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
:flames

After a great regular season (the best one since ‘89), the Flames were outplayed pretty badly against Colorado. Inexperienced for sure with a lot of players, but our top players didn’t play like top players. You know it’s a problem when Bennett is your top scorer in the playoffs. I don’t think Calgary is in “major shakeup mode” like last off-season, but they are definitely trying to figure out on getting another top 6 player. We’ll see what happens.

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

To Vancouver: Rasmus Anderson

To Calgary: Adam Gaudette

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I would trade Ehlers and Eric Comrie for Travis Hamonic and Mark Jankowski. Flames get a top 6 forward who might fly playing next to Backlund, which is maximizing the value of Hamonic, who they may not want to re-sign depending on how Andersson develops. Jets get a shutdown pair d-man, good on the PK, which means they can trade Trouba for multiple parts. Jankowski adds size to the forward group, and his ELC helps the Jets with Cap management.
Ehlers is a left wing and isn't especially physical. The Flames have already started they do want to re-sign Hamonic. Brodie is the likely man out.

Ehlers looks like a legit second line forward, but not sure this fits the Flames needs.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Ehlers is a left wing and isn't especially physical. The Flames have already started they do want to re-sign Hamonic. Brodie is the likely man out.

Ehlers looks like a legit second line forward, but not sure this fits the Flames needs.

I'd consider this trade to do Hammer a solid though. It's not the worst trade to make IMO.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I'd consider this trade to do Hammer a solid though. It's not the worst trade to make IMO.
Lol. It's a player with actual value coming back to Calgary for once. Ehlers is a solid young player. If the Flames can juggle the wingers to make room for him in the top six, it could be solid.

Reactions: Fig

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I would be interested in Georgiev to share the net with Rittich, but definitely not at that price. I would do a conditional 3rd/2nd based on Georgiev either playing 35 games or getting 20 wins in his first season. A prospect would also be added for the Rangers.

You get what you pay for.
You get what you don't pay for.

we are def moving Georgiev with Hank's contract and Shesty coming on board, but we are not giving him away too cheap.

Geo to CGY as inclusion on a package, Ras Andy + for Zib +.
hope to have prop soon

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

I would do this. We are already soft another softy for our toughest player can't hurt

Reactions: Flameshomer

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton

Disagree- I do this in a heartbeat. Ehlers would be a great add to that second line and inject some much needed offensive creativity, and comrie is a pretty good prospect.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ledge And Dairy

You get what you pay for.
You get what you don't pay for.

we are def moving Georgiev with Hank's contract and Shesty coming on board, but we are not giving him away too cheap.

Geo to CGY as inclusion on a package, Ras Andy + for Zib +.
hope to have prop soon
Zib isn't worth loosing Andersson so mo thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinYYC95

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad