Value of: Make a trade with Calgary

Ledge And Dairy

Well we definitely disagree on the valuation of Bennett. Kapanen and Johnsson have both shown more than him at the NHL level. If they both played on the 3rd line they wouldn't be replacing Frolik on the 2nd line. Then again with Dube on the way I can see why downgrading centre to upgrade on the wing might not be appealing.
So what exactly would be your plan with Mony? He won't push Taveras or Matthew's out on 1C and 2C he's way too good to be a 3C especially at his price, and he's not exactly a winger. Saying AJ and Kap are better than Bennett is just blind arrogance. They both played on Matthew's wing nearly all year where Bennett spent the majority of his time on the 3rd line.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
So what exactly would be your plan with Mony? He won't push Taveras or Matthew's out on 1C and 2C he's way too good to be a 3C especially at his price, and he's not exactly a winger. Saying AJ and Kap are better than Bennett is just blind arrogance. They both played on Matthew's wing nearly all year where Bennett spent the majority of his time on the 3rd line.
I already mentioned in one of my posts that it made little to no sense for Toronto because they can't afford Monahan and he would be wasted as a 3C and would likely have to play wing. I didn't make the proposal I'm simply commenting on it.

As for Kap and Johnsson. Kapenen played 55% of his 5v5 minutes with Matthews and scored 19 of his 34 points at 5v5 with Matthews on the ice. He got a small bump in production from playing with Matthews, but not a lot. Similarly Johnsson played 49% of his 5v5 minutes with Matthews and scored 16 of his 36 points at 5v5 with Matthews, so he actually scored at a higher rate without Matthews. Both players outperformed Bennett last season.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think Toronto and Calgary might swing a deal for Brodie but given Brodie's term I'm not sure what that deal looks like.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I think Toronto and Calgary might swing a deal for Brodie but given Brodie's term I'm not sure what that deal looks like.
I’ve mentioned it before, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we boosted Brodie’s rental value by taking on the Zaitsev contract.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I’ve mentioned it before, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we boosted Brodie’s rental value by taking on the Zaitsev contract.
I don't see why we do that. There are two reasons we trade Brodie beyond improving our fire power with the forward core, and that is to make room for Kylington/Valimaki/Brodie/whoever and to maybe free up some cap space. If we take on Zaitsev? Then we don't have the room and our cap space is in the exact same spot just for 4x longer. Don't think the Flames want anything to do with Zaitsev tbh.

Reactions: Nanuuk

SnipeNCelly

Feb 24, 2019
Does Grandma know you’re on the Wifi again? Horvat is clearly a tier below Monahan. The absolute only thing that makes it worthwhile for the Flames, is basically a redo on that Bennett pick. The possibility of moving up, for 10th and 26th should return a good top 6 player this year.
Stfu lmao

Mike Smith

Jan 9, 2019
Don't think there's a fit for the Canadiens then.
I don't think players like Armia or Lehkonen fit the bill, then all of our other prospects likely aren't close enough to the NHL for Calgary's liking.
Nick Suzuki likely fits, but I don't see the Canadiens giving up Suzuki for a prospect of Kylington's calibre.
What would you want for Brendan Gallagher... would love to see him play for Calgary

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
:flames

After a great regular season (the best one since ‘89), the Flames were outplayed pretty badly against Colorado. Inexperienced for sure with a lot of players, but our top players didn’t play like top players. You know it’s a problem when Bennett is your top scorer in the playoffs. I don’t think Calgary is in “major shakeup mode” like last off-season, but they are definitely trying to figure out on getting another top 6 player. We’ll see what happens.

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

what are their needs?

Mike Smith

Jan 9, 2019
I don't disagree with you. I think our roster would be fine if we gave guys like Smith or Talbot contracts.

That being said, we need to get new blood into our goalie pipeline. MacDonald, Schnieider, Parsons and Gilles are all too far away. We need some blue chipper options who can do spot duty in the event of injuries. Someone pretty much ready to make the jump but who could sit on the farm until the TDL would be perfect IMO when paired with a 1 year Mike Smith deal. Someone like... Jarry?
Don't forget they recently signed a 22 year old Russian kid who had a .920 in the KHL last year

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
What would you want for Brendan Gallagher... would love to see him play for Calgary
Honestly, I know CGY is lacking in RW forwards, but so are the Habs.
Gallagher is also our main source of goals, and our heart and soul.
Value wise there's a fit, but I don't the Canadiens entertain a trade with Gallagher for any sort of reasonable value

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Rangers can trade 1B goalie Georgiev for a 1st round pick.

I would be interested in Georgiev to share the net with Rittich, but definitely not at that price. I would do a conditional 3rd/2nd based on Georgiev either playing 35 games or getting 20 wins in his first season. A prospect would also be added for the Rangers.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Craig Anderson for a 2nd round pick this year or next

If all other options dry up, maybe something around a swap of Anderson and Frolik? I wonder if my fellow Flames fans would prefer we just re-sign Smith instead though.

Don't forget they recently signed a 22 year old Russian kid who had a .920 in the KHL last year

I forgot about him, but he's in the same boat as Gilles, Parsons, MacDonald etc. He's easily at least 2-3 seasons away in the most optimistic scenario.

Ledge And Dairy

If all other options dry up, maybe something around a swap of Anderson and Frolik? I wonder if my fellow Flames fans would prefer we just re-sign Smith instead though.

I forgot about him, but he's in the same boat as Gilles, Parsons, MacDonald etc. He's easily at least 2-3 seasons away in the most optimistic scenario.
I would rather get Reimer then C. Anderson. Would be less contract and easier to obtain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad