Value of: Make a trade with Calgary

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
:flames

After a great regular season (the best one since ‘89), the Flames were outplayed pretty badly against Colorado. Inexperienced for sure with a lot of players, but our top players didn’t play like top players. You know it’s a problem when Bennett is your top scorer in the playoffs. I don’t think Calgary is in “major shakeup mode” like last off-season, but they are definitely trying to figure out on getting another top 6 player. We’ll see what happens.

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What is Calgary's plan for their goalies next year? Are they going with Rittich to be their #1A and signing a veteran #1B goalie? Or is Rittich their starter and they just need a backup? I could see Jarry to Calgary for a mid round pick making sense if it's the latter.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What is Calgary's plan for their goalies next year? Are they going with Rittich to be their #1A and signing a veteran #1B goalie? Or is Rittich their starter and they just need a backup? I could see Jarry to Calgary for a mid round pick making sense if it's the latter.

Goaltending is a huge question mark still. I am totally unsure on what we’re doing, but he need a goalie that can play 30 - 40 games.

The 3 I had in mind:

Halak - don’t know if Boston wants to retain him, but he’d probably most likely get a lot more playing time here
Khudobin - see above, pretty sure they keep him though because of Bishop’s injuries
Allen - if we can have the Blues retain on a bunch of what he is making I would definitely like Allen as a 1B.

These are my ideal candidates, but i know some flames’ fans will disagree with me on a couple. Won’t be surprised if Smith is back for another year on a cheap deal either. He was not the problem in 2019.

As for Jarry, I wouldn’t hate it as I could see him and Rittich battling it out for the top goalie position, but I would love a goalie with more experience than Rittich.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Does someone like Kylington have high potential to move this summer?

He would certainly be one of the more readily available assets in a trade to upgrade the top six in some capacity (2C or top six winger) or in a one for one swap for a similarly ready/talented young forward.

Reactions: Rockmorton

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Potentially. If Kylington wants more ice time right away, he’s not going to get it here. Not with the likes of Gio, Hanfin and Valimaki on LD.

He would certainly be one of the more readily available assets in a trade to upgrade the top six in some capacity (2C or top six winger) or in a one for one swap for a similarly ready/talented young forward.
Don't think there's a fit for the Canadiens then.
I don't think players like Armia or Lehkonen fit the bill, then all of our other prospects likely aren't close enough to the NHL for Calgary's liking.
Nick Suzuki likely fits, but I don't see the Canadiens giving up Suzuki for a prospect of Kylington's calibre.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Don't think there's a fit for the Canadiens then.
I don't think players like Armia or Lehkonen fit the bill, then all of our other prospects likely aren't close enough to the NHL for Calgary's liking.
Nick Suzuki likely fits, but I don't see the Canadiens giving up Suzuki for a prospect of Kylington's calibre.

Yeah, The habs are a tough fit trade wise for the Flames at the moment.

Something involving Ylonen may be a possibility, but I am sure Treliving would prefer to hang on to Kylington for the time being as he can contribute now, and has top four potential.

CF84

I want to go home, O I want to go home!
Feb 21, 2017
The real cowtown, AB
Why do you constantly make threads like this about every team? Just make one big thread instead of making all these and flooding the main page.
Personally, I have really enjoyed the different threads involving new teams each day. It has narrowed down the focus and provided something interesting to talk and read about during slower times.

Make it only one thread, where any team can trade with any team and you'll get chaos and a thread that gets hijacked by just a few team's fan-bases. Also, why did you choose to complain when Czarchuk finally gets to talk about Calgary Flames :laugh: That's just rude after all of these threads.

Reactions: Perratrooper

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Zucker for Bennett. Not sure who adds. Flames get another scoring threat and give Jankowski the keys to be a great 3C.

Wild get a C back with bit of upside left

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Yeah, The habs are a tough fit trade wise for the Flames at the moment.

Something involving Ylonen may be a possibility, but I am sure Treliving would prefer to hang on to Kylington for the time being as he can contribute now, and has top four potential.
I was thinking about Ylonen as well, but he still needs 1 more year in Finland, and another in the AHL before he's potentially ready.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Why do you constantly make threads like this about every team? Just make one big thread instead of making all these and flooding the main page.
Making one thread would get completely derailed. How many Leafs fans are there to a team like AZ, Florida, Dallas? It would turn into a Leafs/Habs/Oilers thread, the one with the most members. If you want any further explanation, go ahead and look up the Isles’ thread. You’re not the first.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Zucker for Bennett. Not sure who adds. Flames get another scoring threat and give Jankowski the keys to be a great 3C.

Bennett hasn’t played center a whole lot. He can take draws when needed, but his game is better suited on the wing.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Flames should go after a goalie. Halak be a great pickup but doubt Boston deals him. Allen makes more sense.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
An
Gaudreau for Taylor Hall and a second. (Resign Taylor Hall)

Trade Monahan for Kadri + kapanen + Andreas Johnson.

Locker room changed.
And now our first line centre is Backlund or Kadri. Our locker room could be one of the best in the league but that team would be shit.

Reactions: Rockmorton

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
In the interest of helping out a fellow provincial team I offer you a slightly used Koskinen for the low low price of any pick in any round.

Reactions: YP44

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

Locker room changed.

Now we trade our good contracts who haven’t been out of the first round for uncertain contracts that haven’t been out of the first round

(I’m assuming playoff success is your argument here. FYI it’s a bad one but that seems to be your angle)

Both your trades are terrible and your reasoning is most likely terrible. Decent creativity overall 1.7/10 post

Reactions: LoktionovMVP

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

No to the trade.
Also the bolded, you could give Jankowski Alex Ovechkin and I don't think he'd have the keys to be a great 3C.

Ledge And Dairy

Locker room changed.

Oof well that killed this thread, Monahan >>>> Kadri so we dont have a 1C at all now, let alone he makes zero sense for the leafs to take. Gaudreau = Hall but Gaudreau has term and is younger so this is a pointless lateral move that leaves our next offseason in question marks.

Strange how the concept of Calgary needing a major shake up is always brought up but its never mentioned for Tampa

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad