Value of: Make a trade with Calgary

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
:flames

After a great regular season (the best one since ‘89), the Flames were outplayed pretty badly against Colorado. Inexperienced for sure with a lot of players, but our top players didn’t play like top players. You know it’s a problem when Bennett is your top scorer in the playoffs. I don’t think Calgary is in “major shakeup mode” like last off-season, but they are definitely trying to figure out on getting another top 6 player. We’ll see what happens.

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.
Rasmus Andersson to the leafs is something I’d very much like to see. Pretty much everyone would be available besides Fredrick Andersson, Mathews, Tavares, Marner and Rielly. What would a package of Sam Bennet And Rasmus Andersson cost the leafs. My 1st offer is
Nazim Kadri, Kasperi Kappanen, Timothy Lilijgren And 1st rd 2020

For

Sam Bennet And Rasmus Andersson

Bond

May 10, 2012
Rasmus Andersson to the leafs is something I’d very much like to see. Pretty much everyone would be available besides Fredrick Andersson, Mathews, Tavares, Marner and Rielly. What would a package of Sam Bennet And Rasmus Andersson cost the leafs. My 1st offer is

For

Value is good but I can't see the Flames trading Andersson for the same reason the Leafs want him. He is our only young high potential RD.

Reactions: AustinYYC95

treple13

Sep 1, 2013

For

Flames need more quality in their lineup. Getting another D prospect and late 1st doesn't help us and I don't do the rest of the trade.

If I'm trading both Bennett and Andersson from the Flames it would be for one player of higher value (aka one of the players you listed as off limits)

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

For

Great offer, however, we’re not in rebuilding mode and Andersson is filling a need for us.

Ledge And Dairy

For

We dont have the cap space to do that Andersson is both cost and RFA controlled so it's unlikely he's traded without someone like Neal moving out. With 3 of our 4 better RD being UFA next year and the expansion draft coming up we can't afford to risk trading Andersson and having the others walk.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The Flames are adding salary and getting worse. Plus Backlund is still the 2nd line center and our first line takes a big step back. I am not sure why Calgary would make this move at all.
First line loses a bit of offence, but gains on the defensive side of things. Second and third lines improve by adding two 2nd/3rd line wingers who are both 20 goal scorers which more than makes up for the Neal flop signing.

Might not make sense to downgrade centre to improve an area of strength already, but I think if you can improve 2 positions in your top 9 at the cost of downgrading one it may actually improve the team overall. I do understand not wanting to downgrade centre though with already having weakness at the centre position.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Great offer, however, we’re not in rebuilding mode and Andersson is filling a need for us.
Yeah that's not a bad offer, but I doubt the Flames move Andersson.

Maybe drop Lilijgren, change the 1st to a 2nd and do Kylington instead of Andersson?

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Take away the 10th and bennet and you got a deal
Does Grandma know you’re on the Wifi again? Horvat is clearly a tier below Monahan. The absolute only thing that makes it worthwhile for the Flames, is basically a redo on that Bennett pick. The possibility of moving up, for 10th and 26th should return a good top 6 player this year.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Marner & Brown for Tkachuk & Hamonic*

Bennett - Monahan - Marner
Gaudreau - Lindholm - Brown

Tkachuk - Matthews - Kapanen
Johnsson - Tavares - Nylander

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Marner & Brown for Tkachuk & Hamilton

2214tc.jpg

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Meant Hamonic lol

Then nope. I like Marner but not at the expense of Tkachuk. Would rather keep Tkachuk and trade Gaudreau if we were going to trade a top 6 LW. Even then no thank you. Marner is going to get paid and it won't be by the Flames.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
First line loses a bit of offence, but gains on the defensive side of things. Second and third lines improve by adding two 2nd/3rd line wingers who are both 20 goal scorers which more than makes up for the Neal flop signing.

Might not make sense to downgrade centre to improve an area of strength already, but I think if you can improve 2 positions in your top 9 at the cost of downgrading one it may actually improve the team overall. I do understand not wanting to downgrade centre though with already having weakness at the centre position.

The minimal upgrade in defense is not worth the big drop off in offense on the 1st line.

Kapanen doesn't up grade anything and Johansson is a minimal upgrade at the very best. Plus with our increased cap we have to lose guys in others areas that downgrade the team.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The minimal upgrade in defense is not worth the big drop off in offense on the 1st line.

Kapanen doesn't up grade anything and Johansson is a minimal upgrade at the very best. Plus with our increased cap we have to lose guys in others areas that downgrade the team.
Well if you found a way to dump the Neal contract the money wouldn't be an issue. Hard to argue that Kapenen and Johnsson wouldn't be upgrades though. You'd be upgrading Bennett and Jankowski's 27 goals and 59 points to 40 goals and 87 points on the 3rd line. That's a pretty significant upgrade.

Anyways I understand why Calgary might not do the deal, but I'm also not quick to dismiss that the deal could potentially make the team better overall.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well if you found a way to dump the Neal contract the money wouldn't be an issue. Hard to argue that Kapenen and Johnsson wouldn't be upgrades though. You'd be upgrading Bennett and Jankowski's 27 goals and 59 points to 40 goals and 87 points on the 3rd line. That's a pretty significant upgrade.

Anyways I understand why Calgary might not do the deal, but I'm also not quick to dismiss that the deal could potentially make the team better overall.

I don't think we can dump Neal without taking a bad deal back.

I think Jankowski will be replaced anyways so he wouldn't be the guy being replaced. It would be Frolik and Bennett and both those guys are better than Johnsson and Kapanen.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think we can dump Neal without taking a bad deal back.

I think Jankowski will be replaced anyways so he wouldn't be the guy being replaced. It would be Frolik and Bennett and both those guys are better than Johnsson and Kapanen.
Well we definitely disagree on the valuation of Bennett. Kapanen and Johnsson have both shown more than him at the NHL level. If they both played on the 3rd line they wouldn't be replacing Frolik on the 2nd line. Then again with Dube on the way I can see why downgrading centre to upgrade on the wing might not be appealing.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well we definitely disagree on the valuation of Bennett. Kapanen and Johnsson have both shown more than him at the NHL level. If they both played on the 3rd line they wouldn't be replacing Frolik on the 2nd line. Then again with Dube on the way I can see why downgrading centre to upgrade on the wing might not be appealing.

If Frolik is staying on the 2nd line then that is a problem and they just traded their best forward to still have big holes in the top 6.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Marner & Brown for Tkachuk & Hamonic*

I’m a huge Marner fan. Having him and Gaudreau on the same team would be so fun to watch.

I do the trade for the entertainment value alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad