Make a small change to the Coyotes

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
One reason that I stopped going this year was 75% of the time, I felt like I was sitting near an obnoxious visiting fan (sometimes it wasn't even a fan of the team playing). Getting told the team is bad and they are great is fun if you win to shut them down but gets old either way. I would love a visitor's only section and I am all aboard a home team only section. If I am alteast a section away from annoying people, it wont kill my enjoyment.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
One reason that I stopped going this year was 75% of the time, I felt like I was sitting near an obnoxious visiting fan (sometimes it wasn't even a fan of the team playing). Getting told the team is bad and they are great is fun if you win to shut them down but gets old either way. I would love a visitor's only section and I am all aboard a home team only section. If I am alteast a section away from annoying people, it wont kill my enjoyment.

You know, it's interesting - it's all about attitude. I have sat next to obnoxious visiting fans and quiet ones, but on certain occasions (especially with visiting Canadian fans, actually), the obnoxious ones have been the most fun. I fondly recall the times when, say, an Oilers fan sat behind us and gave us the business all game long, but between plays we'd sit and talk hockey and our franchises. You could tell the chirping was good-natured fan banter rather than mean-spirited insults.

For every one of those, there would be the quiet older ladies from Buffalo who would sit in front of us and make sotto voce remarks about the team and Arizona. "Welcome to Arizona," I would say heartily. "Have you had a good time here?" "Here? In this terrible arena?" they would respond. "Our arena in Buffalo is much nicer than this hole in the ground. A perfect building for a terrible team."

Of course, then you'd have the Red Wings and Blackhawk fans who would mix and match... :D

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Good discussion.

I echo the thoughts that the team needs (needed to) embrace its uniqueness. The jerseys now (which I like) dont belong - too Canadian World Juniors for me. Loved the Kachina jerseys. Also loved the alternate green version.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Good discussion.

I echo the thoughts that the team needs (needed to) embrace its uniqueness. The jerseys now (which I like) dont belong - too Canadian World Juniors for me. Loved the Kachina jerseys. Also loved the alternate green version.

The greens are my all time favorites.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Not just the music/organ player, but just the overall in-arena experience (not counting play on ice) seems somewhat... flat.

This comes from having just attended a game between Winnipeg and Dallas - the music, comic relief, giveaways, etc. were all first class. Could just be that the arena is set up well for it (i.e. while the ice girls are going around, there is also another group of ice girls that dance in a special area of the arena). Could also be that b/c the arena has both hockey and basketball, they probably have a larger selection of songs to work with of multiple genres and they play catchy things. Some rap beats during announcements, but they are all songs and chords that make you want to tap your feet to. Not <insert Nickelback song>, followed by other generic pump up song.

Anyhow, people come back to see winners, but if we aren't winning on ice, we can at least provide an experience that is so much fun for everyone that people will want to return.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
One reason that I stopped going this year was 75% of the time, I felt like I was sitting near an obnoxious visiting fan (sometimes it wasn't even a fan of the team playing). Getting told the team is bad and they are great is fun if you win to shut them down but gets old either way.

This has been the death of many a sth'r from way back to the inception of the Suns.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Funny how almost everyone in here mentioned the kachinas, and that they recently won the most popular az sports jersey ever poll, and yet we still have these faux traditional bland jerseys. Listen to your fans, scrap the brick red garbage and bring back the kachinas.

I like the new logo and have become okay with the sweater, but it's no Kachina... not by a long shot!

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Love the ideas!! Kachina's:clap:

There is no in between, either you love them or hate them. Boomer from Sirius says they're the worst uniforms in NHL history.....guess he forgot of the Canucks beauties from the 80's. More of a reason to bring them back.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Change up the game day experiences. To the fans that go to more than one game the experience is very repetitive. Would be cool to see them do something different each game and its not just the check list of the same things like they do now. Keep the Papa John's Pizza box coupon toss, Fry's t-shirt, shoot for loot, and a few others but add new and different things.

Music is too loud. Music is all over the place genre wise.

(i'll add some more later)

They used to at least change the intro 1/2 way through the season, didn't even get that this year. At Christmas we did get last years intro (which was excellent), but still last years. Someone had mentioned not having three different video/music intro, but rather one, I agree.... maybe three different ones alternated???

As for the stuff during commercial breaks etc., while I don't pay too much attention, I think you are correct - bring in some variety.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I like the new logo and have become okay with the sweater, but it's no Kachina... not by a long shot!

Completely agree. Our logo is nice, and our jerseys now are better than the jerseys from 2 years ago. But it's just a typical sports jersey. Kachina gave us a personality that was different from every other team in the world.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Love the ideas!! Kachina's:clap:

There is no in between, either you love them or hate them. Boomer from Sirius says they're the worst uniforms in NHL history.....guess he forgot of the Canucks beauties from the 80's. More of a reason to bring them back.

Irritating Boomer would definitely have it's advantages!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm still amazed that there are people who liked the green third.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
The Kachina idea is good, but the seat colors have to match. (Yes, brick red is part of the original package, but that color is more of an accent color in the Kachina era.)

I would get a new horn. Ours is the same model as the Panthers and, allegedly, the defunct Thrashers. Something unique. Also, "Bark at the Moon" for the intro and "Werewolves of London" for the goal song sounds nice.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Like the Kachina, but meh, I prefer Howlin For You to Werewolves of London... the latter came out when I was in 7th grade - didn't do anything for me then, still doesn't now. Plus the whole "we're not wolves, rather coyotes" thing...

I'm okay with a little more organ, but I don't wanna feel like I'm at a baseball game (because with that guy, sometimes I do. same thing happened after the Dbacks World Series win, when they started playing organ at Suns games, very un-NBA)

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm okay with a little more organ, but I don't wanna feel like I'm at a baseball game (because with that guy, sometimes I do. same thing happened after the Dbacks World Series win, when they started playing organ at Suns games, very un-NBA)

Never spent any time at the Chicago Stadium in the 60's and 70's then I guess?

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Never spent any time at the Chicago Stadium in the 60's and 70's then I guess?

I grew up in central Florida. There wasn't anywhere remotely like that to spend any time. (nor was any of it on TV very often, I didn't really start watching the NBA until about 1986, the NHL until 10 years later). Somewhat difficult to believe now but until I was 12 that entire state had exactly 1 major pro sports franchise (and only 2 until I was 23)

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm still amazed that there are people who liked the green third.

My favorite! I wear it to half the games. I would get rid of the black arm patches.

I thank Gretzky for keeping the Coyotes in Arizona, but don't agree with his assessment that the Coyotes shouldn't look regional. I like regional sweaters. I like the Kachinas.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I would like the loudspeakers to be turned down just a bit so I can converse with the guy sitting next to me without shouting.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I thank Gretzky for keeping the Coyotes in Arizona, but don't agree with his assessment that the Coyotes shouldn't look regional. I like regional sweaters. I like the Kachinas.

I do too. I always wondered whether some good designer could add some turquoise highlights into the color scheme somehow to bring even more local flavor to the team's identity.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I would like the loudspeakers to be turned down just a bit so I can converse with the guy sitting next to me without shouting.

It was quieter last night. Odd, as it's happened before - almost like they read these threads, respond, but then can't help themselves and revert back to old (way too loud) ways. :dunno:

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It was quieter last night. Odd, as it's happened before - almost like they read these threads, respond, but then can't help themselves and revert back to old (way too loud) ways. :dunno:

As someone said in a thread before... it seems like our little board isn't as little as we thought. Hopefully whoever it is inside the organization that reads this thread will pitch some of these ideas.

Hell, even take the idea as your own. Just get it done :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad