Make a small change to the Coyotes

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
What are some small changes you would make to the Coyotes if you were in charge?

No firing coaches
No selling the team
No relocation
No trades

Personally:

-I would change the helmets on the home jersey to black.
- More Werwolves of London, less Kesha and techno music.
- STOP USING THE GOAL HORN WHEN THE TEAM COMES ONTO THE ICE
-Bring back the moon at center ice, just make it red.

PHX+1999.png

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I would take the white off of the bottom portion of the sleeves on the home jerseys. Replace it with red, and a small white stripe around the elbow if you feel it's necessary.

I like the black helmet idea, but i would need to see it in action.

Brighter area lights.

When they score, i would like the Coyote howl first, then the horn. Would be unrealistic, but cool if they cut the lights, played the howl, and shined the spotlight at the player who scored, or even shine it at the moon in the center ice like you said. Be like the whole area is howling at the moon when we score.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Go back to the kachina jerseys, all 3. Bring back the howl instead of the goal horn, and the moon, in all it's purple glory. Change the music from whatever the hell it's supposed to be now to organ music, or at least more traditional sports music, and turn it down a bit.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
- I like the idea of the moon at center ice!
- I'd also like to see the kachina jersey's brought back, if that's not feasible then at least bring them back as a third jersey that gets worn for a good 20 games as opposed to just on throwback night.
- I'd like them to play 'Bark at the Moon' when the Coyotes come out of the tunnel to start the game

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
1) I would go "full Arizona" with the team uniforms, the colors, the arena concessions, etc. Enough with the pseudo-Canada and the Gretzky Bland directions. We're unique, we're non-traditional - embrace the hell out of it.

2) I would invest in marketing. Like, REAL marketing. Not just ads and slogans, but get people on the ground. Take players to schools and civic events. Engage with ALL the Metro communities. PROVE that this is Arizona's team and not just a pocket of hardcore weirdos in the East Valley.

3) I would create a Dog Pound in one section of the arena. Sell to students and kids. AT ALL HOME GAMES, not just selected games. Reserve the seats for members of Howler's Club, kids with USA Hockey ID cards, donors to Coyotes charities, etc. as a perk for being involved in hockey, the team, and the city.

4) I would hire a full-time organist and get rid of the ersatz "entertainment" between plays. But I'd keep the mites and sumo hockey at intermissions. :D

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What are some small changes you would make to the Coyotes if you were in charge?

No firing coaches
No selling the team
No relocation
No trades

Personally:

-I would change the helmets on the home jersey to black.
- More Werwolves of London, less Kesha and techno music.
- STOP USING THE GOAL HORN WHEN THE TEAM COMES ONTO THE ICE
-Bring back the moon at center ice, just make it red.

PHX+1999.png
All great ideas.
I would take the white off of the bottom portion of the sleeves on the home jerseys. Replace it with red, and a small white stripe around the elbow if you feel it's necessary.

I like the black helmet idea, but i would need to see it in action.

Brighter area lights.

When they score, i would like the Coyote howl first, then the horn. Would be unrealistic, but cool if they cut the lights, played the howl, and shined the spotlight at the player who scored, or even shine it at the moon in the center ice like you said. Be like the whole area is howling at the moon when we score.
Definitely on bird with brighter lights. Huge need.
- I like the idea of the moon at center ice!
- I'd also like to see the kachina jersey's brought back, if that's not feasible then at least bring them back as a third jersey that gets worn for a good 20 games as opposed to just on throwback night.
- I'd like them to play 'Bark at the Moon' when the Coyotes come out of the tunnel to start the game
Bark at the Moon for sure! Also agreed on the increased usage of the Kachinas as a bonafide 3rd.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
All great ideas thus far, with emphasis on Kachina sweaters, embracing Arizona, organ music and as ultra mega said, at least sports music - turned down some.

Love the no horn at intro idea too, trouble is so few fans actually clap/cheer, they're no doubt afraid to try it.

Also bark at the moon as the boys enter - :yo:

Last edited:

howlincoyote2k1

Apr 14, 2005
Provo, Utah
I love these kinds of threads.

1. More organ music, less canned pre-packaged pop music. Doesn't need to be eliminated entirely, but I like arenas that primarily use the organ. Hire a real organist, like Bobby Freeman when the D-Backs aren't playing.

2. Coyotes goal: Horn, followed by the howl, then Werewolves of London.

3. Civic pride the heck out of the team and anything to do with it. Transform the arena into a living, breathing Arizona hockey museum. Preach to the world two important things:

-We are Arizona's hockey team.
-We are Arizona's hockey team.

4. I'm not sure if they do this now, but single tickets vs. certain opponents (Blackhawks, Red Wings, other teams that fill GRA with visiting fans) *must* be purchased with a ticket of equal value vs. a less sexy date (Tuesday night vs. Nashville, for example)

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I love Howlin for You personally way more than Warewolves of London as the goal song.

Change the goal horn to the coyotes howl like the old days.

More organ music for sure. The crappy pop radio music can stop. Warm ups are okay cuz the players choose their music. In game, stahp.

New red uniforms with more kachina would've been fantastic. Sad we missed that opportunity.

Other than that I'm pretty set

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
While we're on the aesthetics, I'd rather they condense the intro videos into 1 good video instead of 3-4 of them of varying quality.

More replays on the jumbotron.

Does firing Todd Walsh count as small or is there too much ham in there?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Sand color for the sand storm. The white out is Winterpeg's. I like everybody's suggestions that show way more Arizona and WAY LESS Canada.

If we want to see less Canada and more Arizona, then have only the American and Arizona flag up at the arena. Kidding! Canada must be respected at the games.

The Whiteout is more American than Canadian considering the amount of different playoff events that use it in the United States. Arizona will always be the rightful owners of the whiteout for hockey as more hockey fans in Arizona show up at the arena for playoff hockey than up in Winnipeg.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Love the kachina thirds idea but next season there will be no third jerseys, just home and away.

While Ryan White plays for us, the gif of his dad is played on the jumbotron after we score.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Change up the game day experiences. To the fans that go to more than one game the experience is very repetitive. Would be cool to see them do something different each game and its not just the check list of the same things like they do now. Keep the Papa John's Pizza box coupon toss, Fry's t-shirt, shoot for loot, and a few others but add new and different things.

Music is too loud. Music is all over the place genre wise.

(i'll add some more later)

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Craig Morgan is going to steal every single idea in this thread, make it into an article and credit himself for everything.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
That or write an article defending IA's choice of kit, arena music, and goal horn from the unnuanced and unwashed masses. Flip a coin.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Craig Morgan is going to steal every single idea in this thread, make it into an article and credit himself for everything.
I'd be fine with that, at least the ideas would be seen by a lot more people than us hardcore Coyote losers.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Funny how almost everyone in here mentioned the kachinas, and that they recently won the most popular az sports jersey ever poll, and yet we still have these faux traditional bland jerseys. Listen to your fans, scrap the brick red garbage and bring back the kachinas.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Funny how almost everyone in here mentioned the kachinas, and that they recently won the most popular az sports jersey ever poll, and yet we still have these faux traditional bland jerseys. Listen to your fans, scrap the brick red garbage and bring back the kachinas.

I like the new ones too. I did not like everything in between.

In some alternate universe we did choose to go back to the kachinas and we did win the Matthews lottery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad