Make a BOLD prediction about this up coming season

Oddleifson

Sep 28, 2011
New Westminster
1. Pettersen wins Calder Trophy (not cup...)
2. Canucks have Top 5 Power Play at year-end.
3. Canucks make playoffs (but are bounced in round 1...)
4. Virtanen and/or Gaunce traded at deadline.
5. Guddy and/or Tanev spends a quarter of season (possibly > 25 gms) on injured reserve. (happens every year...)
6. Utica Comets makes playoffs and go deep, possibly make AHL final.
7. At end of season, Vancouver media tie themselves in knots trying to explain why Benning and Linden haven't been fired.... (yet...).

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
The BBB line take a step back. I think with the loss of the twins, and not bringing in any other office teams will know they just need to shut that line down to win.

Also think the teams problems will be masked by a hot start again or a stupid unsustainable 4 game early win streak, where we don't lead until we score in OT or SO.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
1. Loui Eriksson has a bounce back year.
2. EP is moved from wing to center in November, wins the Calder.
3. Olli Juolevi is a disappointment.
4. Quinn Hughes lights it up in the AHL, Canucks give him 9 games and he is clearly their best Dman, Chaos ensues when he is sent back down (due to a log jam at Defence that Benning can’t resolve)
5. Virtanen continues to progress and scores 17 - 20 goals.
6. Sutter is traded at the deadline. Canucks roll with Horvat, Pettersson, Gaudette down the middle.

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
And I win the lottery, Trump resigns, aliens finally reveal themselves, George Martin finally writes the last GoT book and then the Rapture arrives.
You had me at hello and lost me at "George Martin finally writes the last GoT book".

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
1. Loui Eriksson has a bounce back year.
2. EP is moved from wing to center in November, wins the Calder.
3. Olli Juolevi is a disappointment.
4. Quinn Hughes lights it up in the AHL, Canucks give him 9 games and he is clearly their best Dman, Chaos ensues when he is sent back down (due to a log jam at Defence that Benning can’t resolve)
5. Virtanen continues to progress and scores 17 - 20 goals.
6. Sutter is traded at the deadline. Canucks roll with Horvat, Pettersson, Gaudette down the middle.
Disagree with #1. A lotta people said the same thing last year about Eriksson and he CRAPPED the bed again. ALL over the place. Aint happening I would be HELLA suprised if to were to would happen. Even find the link from last year lol

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Vigneault becomes a sportscaster and poos on Canucks.

Mrs.Tryamkin stays in Russia.

Wayne Gretzky begins training for a comeback.

Quebec bans face coverings in public. Price has to Gump it.

Canucks lose everyone over thirty to injury and become competitive.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Disagree with #1. A lotta people said the same thing last year about Eriksson and he CRAPPED the bed again. ALL over the place. Aint happening I would be HELLA suprised if to were to would happen. Even find the link from last year lol

You’re probably right. Wishful thinking.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
There will be a resurgance of the Canucks not seen in half a decade. The Canucks will be led by the duo of Brock Boeser and Elias Petterson... while the D will be led my none other than Quinn Hughes. Both Petterson and Hughes compete for the Calder while Boeser becomes a top 10 goal scorer in the NHL.

I’m just really excited for the upcomming season. This website is named Hockey Futures for a reason. We love to see our own drafted players strive...

Then you also have the lights of Dahlen and Gaudette coming in as well... this is a prospect watcher’s wet dream.

Very excited. I have not seen this sense of excitement on young prospects since the days of Godson.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
Pettersson, Hughes, Gaudette, Juolevi, Dahlen, and Demko will all dress in at least one game together. I'm much more excited about what the team will look like from about February on than the opening night roster.

Reactions: Zombotron

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
The Canucks barely making the post-season, edging the Flames by one point. Flames players regret losing the first game against us.

Petterson and Boeser becomes a dynamic duo in the post-season, destroying president cup winner Vegas. We won first round by 4-0

Second round we faceoff against our rival LA kings. Kovalchuk and Kopitar makes a dent against our defense, scoring over 12 points in 6 games, but ultimately its the Canucks who overcome and win the series 4-2. Sutter scores 14 points in 6 games, becomes MVP of the series.

In the conference final, unfortunately both Petterson and Boeser were shut down by the amazing defense of Nashville, but Horvat took over and score the OT winner in game 7

We met the Penguins in the final, but unfortunately both Crosby and Malkin were out due to injury, so it became a walk in the park for the canucks. We won 4-0.

When the owner woke up from his dream, Benning was immediately extended for the next 400 years

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The Canucks barely making the post-season, edging the Flames by one point. Flames players regret losing the first game against us.

Petterson and Boeser becomes a dynamic duo in the post-season, destroying president cup winner Vegas. We won first round by 4-0

Second round we faceoff against our rival LA kings. Kovalchuk and Kopitar makes a dent against our defense, scoring over 12 points in 6 games, but ultimately its the Canucks who overcome and win the series 4-2. Sutter scores 14 points in 6 games, becomes MVP of the series.

In the conference final, unfortunately both Petterson and Boeser were shut down by the amazing defense of Nashville, but Horvat took over and score the OT winner in game 7

We met the Penguins in the final, but unfortunately both Crosby and Malkin were out due to injury, so it became a walk in the park for the canucks. We won 4-0.

When the owner woke up from his dream, Benning was immediately extended for the next 400 years
Altho probably unlikely that ALL those things happen AND in that order it would still be pretty sweet :nod:

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Gagner and Eriksson are our top two goal scorers at the 15 game mark.
Gudbranson, Hutton, and Stecher don't score a single goal between them all year.
Virtanen traded to a Florida or California-based team.

btdvox

Jul 5, 2013
Vancouver
Man Y'all are bleak. I forgot why I stopped coming here, hard to see some of you guys as "fans".

Either way here's mine:

Boeser scores 40 goals.

Elias Pettersson wins Calder.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce