Make a BOLD prediction about this up coming season

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Man Y'all are bleak. I forgot why I stopped coming here, hard to see some of you guys as "fans".

Either way here's mine:

Boeser scores 40 goals.

Elias Pettersson wins Calder.

"Hey everybody, we have the best fan, who gets to define what that means over here! Best fan alert!"

Reactions: MS
Feb 24, 2017
Aquilini finally has enough of going through yes men and “hockey people”. All management and coaches get the axe. He officially names himself president and general manager, and his first act in his new role is to hire former B.C. Premiere Gordon Campbell as head coach.
78B51986-BA79-448D-B1EA-F02FAEFA9431.jpeg

Last edited:

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
I really don't think anything significant will happen, except for Petterson establishing himself with a 40 pt season cut short due to injury.

Other than that, we will finish bottom 5, draft at around the same place, Benning will REFUSE to take a center...

...actually, one thing that might happen: If There are any problems with Joulevi in camp, I could see the team trying to get rid of him while there is still some shine on the Hughes pick, I could see him dealt for Haydon Fleury or Micheal Dal Colle, in fact, I could see that deal happening BEFORE camp

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Anything with regards to the Canucks doing poorly isn't really a bold prediction so I'll look for a success story.

I'll say Virtanen pots 20 this year. Wishful thinking, but I've got some faith.

I think he could have done that last year,

It's all about his deployment and I don't think Green likes him.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
I will break my streak of not watching Canuck games. If I'd known it would go on this long I would have made note of when it started. The last game I watched in its entirety, Hansen scored the winner in OT (I think??). No idea how long ago that was. I don't think I'll be able to resist watching EP, so I assume I'll end up tuning in for a game at some point.

I dunno man,

I stopped putting any money into this team a while back (Due to their Astroturfing, scumbag move)

Tried to keep up on TV, but even with Boesser doing his thing last year...it just wasn't enough, the pall that hangs over this team is like a dense fog through which entertainment and likeability cannot pass.

I tuned out,

I'll check out some E.P at the beginning of the year, and I expect him to do very well...

...but like Brock last year, it's like a cherry on top of a big turd...it's just not gonna taste like a Sunday, even with some whipped cream and nuts added,

That turd needs to be scraped off the sidewalk by the one who laid it there in the first place, I have no desire to watch him squeeze another one out...and have him try and sell me tickets to the laying.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Tanev Sutter Edler and some other useless vets go down with injuries throughout the season. Youngsters step in and do a great job, the Canucks finish 10th in the west. Benning Says “we probably would have made the playoffs if not for all the injuries we suffered, I think we’re close” Benning signs 4 more useless Vets in the offseason.

Last edited:

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Tanev Sutter Edler and some other useless vets go down with injuries throughout the season. Youngsters step in and do a decent job, the Canucks finish 10th in the west. Benning Says “we probably would have made the playoffs if not for all the injuries we suffered, I think we’re close” Benning signs 4 more useless Vets in the offseason.
The only thing bold is suggesting we finish 10th.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Man Y'all are bleak. I forgot why I stopped coming here, hard to see some of you guys as "fans".

Either way here's mine:

Boeser scores 40 goals.

Elias Pettersson wins Calder.

Yeah, because critical thinking and skepticism = being a lesser fan.
Everyone should just drink the koolaid and blindly support the team and their decisions no matter how illogical and irrational it becomes.

That's how we got Trump.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Pettersson will be put on LW with Horvat and Boeser, with possibly Hughes on defense feeding them pucks, and they all score a lot of points. Though we do lose most of the games regardless,
the kids success will earn the team much praise and predictions for great future success. And our transformation into Taylor Hall era Oilers is complete.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Horvat cracks 70 points, Boeser breaks 40 goals, Virtanen 20/20 and Pettersson 25/45 and wins ROY. Canucks finish 29th OA and win the draft lottery pick Hughes !!

Last edited:

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Gaunce scores a few goals, is recognized as a solid shutdown player you can put out against anybody.

I'd love to see a line with Gaunce and Sutter. I think Sutter scores at the same pace no matter who he's with, so Gaunce will pick up a few assists from that as well.

I also think at least one of Hutton and Virtanen will come to camp ready to play and will turn some heads early in the season.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Horvat cracks 70 points, Boeser breaks 40 goals, Virtanen 20/20 and Pettersson 25/45 and wins ROY. Canucks finish 29th OA and win the draft lottery pick Hughes !!
If those predictions come true there is not a chance in hell the Canucks finish 29th.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Gaunce scores a few goals, is recognized as a solid shutdown player you can put out against anybody.

I'd love to see a line with Gaunce and Sutter. I think Sutter scores at the same pace no matter who he's with, so Gaunce will pick up a few assists from that as well.

I also think at least one of Hutton and Virtanen will come to camp ready to play and will turn some heads early in the season.

Honestly. Hutton & Virtanen were fine last year. I'm not buying the narrative on Hutton as anything more than Green trying to motivate more out of him.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
I can hope but really it could happen if we lose a lot of 1 goal games. Our defense will suck and beyond the top line and hopefully PP1 we should be weak.
Empty netters will inflate the losing margin making it even more likely team scoring will be up but our point total will be the same or even less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad