Make a BOLD prediction about this up coming season

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The Canucks will finish bottom 5 in the league.

I agree, but I don't think that counts as a bold prediction.

Bold: The new acquisitions will do badly, the Canucks will be bottom three by the trade deadline but again fail to acquire any draft picks, and Benning will be fired within a week of the season's end.

Reactions: Caspian

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
I think they will score less than 200 goals next season.

I also think (or praying?) that Jim doesn't make it to the end of the season

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Canuck's end up last and get punted to 4th in the lottery, Benning sells the house, farm, and future for Jack Hughes. He gets fired after all the damage is done only to have Weisbrod take over.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I will break my streak of not watching Canuck games. If I'd known it would go on this long I would have made note of when it started. The last game I watched in its entirety, Hansen scored the winner in OT (I think??). No idea how long ago that was. I don't think I'll be able to resist watching EP, so I assume I'll end up tuning in for a game at some point.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I agree, but I don't think that counts as a bold prediction.
Looks bold to me.
Not really a bold prediction, but at least you nailed the font.
Semantics.

Fine, serious prediction: Boeser will be on pace for fewer points than last season and won't get 30 goals.

Bonus meme: Sutter will get 40 points if he's glued to Pettersson and gets top 6 minutes for most of the season.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
Bold: The new acquisitions will do badly, the Canucks will be bottom three by the trade deadline but again fail to acquire any draft picks, and Benning will be fired within a week of the season's end.
The only part of this I would consider bold is Benning getting fired!

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
We’ll have a hot start to the season and the boards will be filled with takes on what a genius Benning is. By Christmas we’ll have slumped back down again and we’ll be out of playoff contention by March. Games will be dull, plodding, low-scoring affairs save for solid showings by the kids. Management will blame everything on injuries and talk up the need to add more depth next offseason. Attention will shift to our “impressive” prospect pool. No one will be fired. We’ll lose the draft lottery.

(Just taking a wild and crazy shot in the dark here!)

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Anything with regards to the Canucks doing poorly isn't really a bold prediction so I'll look for a success story.

I'll say Virtanen pots 20 this year. Wishful thinking, but I've got some faith.

Reactions: Love and lindgren

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
  1. Dahlen makes it as a full time roster player.
  2. Goldobin or Baertschi are traded.
  3. Benning gets canned end of season.
  4. Virtanen scores 20 goals.

Reactions: Cupless44

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Horvat leads the Canucks in goals and not Boeser

Hughes makes the team and get 45 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad