Makar vs Hughes

Which prospect would you rather have?

• Total voters

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
As a Flyers , Jets fan i am not tied to either player . They are both in the Dahlin tier and i would love to have either one on my team . That being said if i had to choose i would slightly lean towards Makar . He is more physically capable and his first pass is just so elite .

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
As a Flyers , Jets fan i am not tied to either player . They are both in the Dahlin tier and i would love to have either one on my team . That being said if i had to choose i would slightly lean towards Makar . He is more physically capable and his first pass is just so elite .

Not even close honestly. Dahlin is probably the best dman to come out of the draft in 15 years or so.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Avs still kicking themselves they passed on EP, believe that.

If only we had drafted EP...we might've been able to flip him for someone like Hughes, Heiskanen or even Makar...

EP is an excellent young player...one I look forward to watching create alongside Hughes & Podkolzin for years, even if Boeser dips...but with MacK in tow already, we needed that potential #1 on the backend; which meant Makar or Heiskanen in that class. So after Miro went 3rd it was an easy choice for our organization, and it's one that has gone wonderfully for us.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Obviously you haven't watched Cale Makar play. Agreed Dahlin is outstanding but Makar is special too.

I think Dahlin will be better overall, both Makar and hughes will be primarily 80% on what their offense brings.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Makar have clearly been better than Hughes this season so far. He driving xg among the best in the league. Anyways, both defensemen are studs and each fanbase should consider themselves lucky to have these young studs quarterbacking their backend for years to come.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Avs still kicking themselves they passed on EP, believe that.

No, don't believe that.

I think when it's all said and done,

Makar > Pettersson > Heiskanen > Hischier > Patrick.

Not even close honestly. Dahlin is probably the best dman to come out of the draft in 15 years or so.

I think he will be solidly after Makar.

I think Dahlin will be better overall, both Makar and hughes will be primarily 80% on what their offense brings.

Don't forget transition, which means not having to play in your own end.

That and I doubt we've seen the best of Makar or Hughes' D games yet. That and if Makar is scoring 100+ pts per year (possible in my opinion), that's value that you can't match with any quality of D-play.

Reactions: Makar27

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
No, don't believe that.

That and I doubt we've seen the best of Makar or Hughes' D games yet. That and if Makar is scoring 100+ pts per year (possible in my opinion), that's value that you can't match with any quality of D-play.

As much as I like how offensive both Makar and Hughes are I doubt either player gets to 90 points nevermind 100.

As a side not John Carlson has a single best 70 points last year and is tracking for 128, which everyone agrees he won't reach, but how many points does he score overall this year?

He would need 57 points in his last 64 games to break 80 points which is were I believe he might end up close to 80 points.

Makar somewhere around 60 this season and Hughes around 45.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No, don't believe that.

Makar is not going to be a 100+ point player lol. None of the current young dmen will be. And of course you haven't seen the best of their defensive games yet they're rookies

Reactions: 22FUTON9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad