Speculation: Makar point total projection for 2019-2020 season

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
giphy-downsized.gif
I wonder what it would say after "Congratulations!" if the gif was longer. :sarcasm:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Some of the point projections are nuts. Love Makar but 50 points is just ridiculous for a rookie. Hoping for high 30’s/low 40’s.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
i'll say 8g 32 A 40pts nothing would be a surprise with this kid tho.

and I never touched on this but I didn't want him signed this year till we were in the playoffs
45-50 wouldn't shock me but ill stay with my current projection.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Makar will put up numbers, but if 49 is the expectation... yikes. Only 13 defensemen in the NHL put up more than that last season.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He was on paced for 49 points in the playoffs against good teams, I don't see why he can't hit that total in the regular season.

So expecting him to be a top 10/15 offensive dman isn’t a high bar? I could see 40’s but I think that’s the higher end of what he will hit next year. He has the ability to outdo that, but rookie dmen don’t hit 50 pts.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So expecting him to be a top 10/15 offensive dman isn’t a high bar? I could see 40’s but I think that’s the higher end of what he will hit next year. He has the ability to outdo that, but rookie dmen don’t hit 50 pts.

I seriously think people see Barrie put up 50+ and think it should be easy... it isn't, and people should be thrilled with a 40 point season.

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
40 is the absolute floor for Makar and if he doesn't hit that it will be a big disapointment. I'm expecting around 50.

Now, when i say this i'm thinking about Makar being used the same way Barrie was this season... if Makar is put on favorable offensive situations he'll get there. I don't think there are 13 Dman with the kind of skillset this kid has.

The only thing that can hold him back is Bednar.

Reactions: Ippenator

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I seriously think people see Barrie put up 50+ and think it should be easy... it isn't, and people should be thrilled with a 40 point season.

A forward hitting 50 pts his rookie year is a pretty impressive feat nonetheless a defenseman. 50 points is just such a high bar imo. Him getting 50 would mean he’s one of the best ES producers in the league considering he won’t be on the top PP.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
40 is the absolute floor for Makar and if he doesn't hit that it will be a big disapointment. I'm expecting around 50.

Now, when i say this i'm thinking about Makar being used the same way Barrie was this season... if Makar is put on favorable offensive situations he'll get there. I don't think there are 13 Dman with the kind of skillset this kid has.

The only thing that can hold him back is Bednar.

But he isn’t the same type of defenseman as Barrie and will be used more as 2 way guy. I mean at some point he will be a consistent 40-50 pt guy, but to say less than 40 pts next year is a disappointment is a ridiculous take really.

Reactions: Iceberg

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
A forward hitting 50 pts his rookie year is a pretty impressive feat nonetheless a defenseman. 50 points is just such a high bar imo. Him getting 50 would mean he’s one of the best ES producers in the league considering he won’t be on the top PP.

To start the season maybe not, but he'll be there eventually... i have no doubt.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
But he isn’t the same type of defenseman as Barrie and will be used more as 2 way guy. I mean at some point he will be a consistent 40-50 pt guy, but to say less than 40 pts next year is a disappointment is a ridiculous take really.

It will be a disappointment (to me at least) IF he is used the same way Barrie was this year (and doesn't get 40 pts).

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Mcavoy scored at a 40+ point pace in his rookie season. I'm not sure why it's ridiculous to hope Makar does similar next season.

I said I could see in the 40’s, but I also said it’s ridiculous to think it’d be a disappointment of season if he didn’t hit 40. Rookie dmen don’t hit 50 pts and saying Makar won’t hit 50 isn’t a slight against him. 50 is elite numbers for a dman. I mean he has the skill set to do it, I would just be incredibly surprised if he did so.

Reactions: avsfan09

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I said I could see in the 40’s, but I also said it’s ridiculous to think it’d be a disappointment of season if he didn’t hit 40. Rookie dmen don’t hit 50 pts and saying Makar won’t hit 50 isn’t a slight against him. 50 is elite numbers for a dman. I mean he has the skill set to do it, I would just be incredibly surprised if he did so.
My bad. I guess were pretty close in our guesses. I wouldn't expect it but 50+ wouldn't completely surprise me but I wouldn't bet on it either.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad