Speculation: Makar point total projection for 2019-2020 season

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
I think in two years he's gonna be unreal. One year to adjust to the bigger faster nhl players. Just the small playoff experience showed me a lot. He's gonna really help with 3 on 3 overtime.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Regardless of whether he gets significant powerplay time, we've seen that he produces opportunities at even strength. Don't think it's crazy at all to suggest 50+ points, even as a rookie.

14 goals + 38 assists - 52 points

Reactions: Ippenator

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
9+33 = 42

Really though just a full 82 game season where he shows development especially in the defensive side of the game is all I want to see.

I dont have any doubts that he's a future 50+ point Dman so I'm not concerned if he only hits 25-30 in his rookie season. The main thing I want to see is development towards not only being a future offensive threat, but a future two-way stud as well.
The way he played and produced in the playoffs IMO 25-30 pts would be a disappointment, to me anyway, but I agree with the rest of your post. I'm not too concerned about his D game though because of how he showed he could learned from his mistakes during the playoffs. For example Meier beat him once going wide on him to score a goal. I can't remember which game that was. The next two times Meier tried the same move Makar shut him down very well and the play was dead. Another time was when he got overpowered in front of the net. I don't recall it happen again after that. He is a very quick learner. He will make mistakes but I am confident he won't make the same ones very often.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Ryan Pat80

Mar 16, 2019
Colorado Springs
9+33 = 42

Really though just a full 82 game season where he shows development especially in the defensive side of the game is all I want to see.

I dont have any doubts that he's a future 50+ point Dman so I'm not concerned if he only hits 25-30 in his rookie season. The main thing I want to see is development towards not only being a future offensive threat, but a future two-way stud as well.
Spot on assessments. Although he looked great in the playoffs, I also thought he was a bit skittish at times when the forecheck wasn't quite bearing down yet. On the other end of the spectrum, how is a rookie SOOO good at tape to tape passes with guys streaking up ice at full speed!? He's gonna shore the issues on the forecheck and when he does.....holy hell.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Makar needs to better these numbers....

82GP 12G+21A=33Pts -14 TOI 23:07 SH TOI 1:23 PP TOI 1:40 34 Hits 35 Takeaways

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Spot on assessments. Although he looked great in the playoffs, I also thought he was a bit skittish at times when the forecheck wasn't quite bearing down yet. On the other end of the spectrum, how is a rookie SOOO good at tape to tape passes with guys streaking up ice at full speed!? He's gonna shore the issues on the forecheck and when he does.....holy hell.
Agree his tape-to-tape passes are very very good but what impressed me the most in his passing are the banked passes off the board directly hitting his target all the time. He is extremely good at those. I haven't seen too many players being able to be that accurate with those even from some of the best passers in the league. He rarely tries to force a pass. If it's not there he uses the pass off the board instead to move the play forward. Really impressing from a rookie dman.

Reactions: Ryan Patsky

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
As a fantasy player, I'm expecting double digit goals, but still not reaching the 50 point plateau.

Obviously, that changes if Colorado moves Tyson Barrie. I'll predict 12+32

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
He's going PPG or else he'll be traded for a mid 1st round draft pick next season. He's already been warned.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
30G 40A for 100 points
giphy.gif

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm going to say 35-40 points, but I won't bat an eye if he beats that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad