Speculation: Major move or moves coming in Boston?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They have a 2C with Zacha. He could even be a low end 1C given his chemistry with Pasta, although that's not a great option. But they only need to add one more center.

There are a couple guys potentially available like Lindholm or Scheifle that could work, but they'd have to deal from existing roster players so it will likely end up being a lateral move at best. Coyle can be the other top 6 center for this season and I think the team will still compete for a low playoff seed. Team will obviously take a step back but the defense and goaltending is good enough to keep them competitive.

I think there are two ways to tell the Zacha story and its not clear how its going to play out.

On the one hand, Zacha outscored Bergeron, Krejci, Hall, DeBrusk and Coyle at 5 on 5 and was 2nd on the team to Pasta in even strength production. That points to him being ready to slide over from LW to his natural C position and bump Hall up to the top six to replace his LW production.

On the other hand, he was one of the league leaders in secondary assists, which points to him being a point vulture and a passenger to Krejci and Pastrnak.

The come back to that was off course that was the case, Krejci and Pasta are puck hogs and he will convert some of those secondary assists to primary assists with Krejci gone. But its not for sure and I think Boston fans probably need to exercise some risk tolerance and caution with the idea that one of the top 6 center positions is already solved.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Sweeney operates like Bergeron and Krejci are gone. His biggest goals Bertuzzi re-signing and a center. Money moving out.

Think Grzelcyk, Reilly, Forbort and Ullmark are gone. Think it will be a surprising trade, no one saw coming, like the Caps trade at last seasons deadline.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think there are two ways to tell the Zacha story and its not clear how its going to play out.

On the one hand, Zacha outscored Bergeron, Krejci, Hall, DeBrusk and Coyle at 5 on 5 and was 2nd on the team to Pasta in even strength production. That points to him being ready to slide over from LW to his natural C position and bump Hall up to the top six to replace his LW production.

On the other hand, he was one of the league leaders in secondary assists, which points to him being a point vulture and a passenger to Krejci and Pastrnak.

The come back to that was off course that was the case, Krejci and Pasta are puck hogs and he will convert some of those secondary assists to primary assists with Krejci gone. But its not for sure and I think Boston fans probably need to exercise some risk tolerance and caution with the idea that one of the top 6 center positions is already solved.
The other X-factor with Zacha is consistency. Last year he played with Krejci and Pasta the most, but he also played with Coyle, Bergeron, Hall… he played LW, C and RW depending on where he was needed.

I’m hoping next year they put Zacha at center with Pasta and leave it.

Reactions: wintersej

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014

I don't know who the original person putting out tweet is, but Bucci has connections around league.

If you track the tweet down and read it all this was all sarcastic. I think they were talking about getting a pick in the first 2 rounds.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
It's a good year to rebuild your C core, lots of talent out there. I would think Carlo would need to be on the way out, along with Forbert and Ullmark, though.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Zadorov seems too similar to Phaneuf. This past season he single handedly lost a game Calgary should have won against Boston by chasing an open ice hit on Debrusk instead of playing defense.

As Hawk fan who watched him for a year here, he will do something like that every now and then, but it always seems to be at worst moment

It's really the only negative with him as a player

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
What reason is there to trade Carlo over Gryz?
Carlo has more value, in my opinion. Let's say Boston goes after an extended Lindholm - Carlo makes a nice, low maintenance replacement for Hanafin.

Gryz has value but I think Carlo will be someone teams more actively target. Not a lot of guys like him out there, even if I think he's a bit overrated.

Reactions: BronxBruin

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Carlo has more value, in my opinion. Let's say Boston goes after an extended Lindholm - Carlo makes a nice, low maintenance replacement for Hanafin.

Gryz has value but I think Carlo will be someone teams more actively target. Not a lot of guys like him out there, even if I think he's a bit overrated.

He plays the opposite side as Hanafin.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Woah, hold on. You're telling me a cap hell team is gonna make big moves? Wow, really needed inside connections to know that.

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016

This was tweeted shortly before Friedman’s tweet. If true, this is great business for Chicago imo. Hall would give Bedard a legitimate linemate to develop with in his rookie season.

Reactions: Cowumbus

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So assuming the Bruins buy out or trade Forbort/Reilly and bring back their RFAs at market rate, bruins will have 6 million to fill 4 spots.

So not in cap hell anymore.

Of course two of those 4 spots belonged to Bergeron and Krejci so more moves should be coming.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
So assuming the Bruins buy out or trade Forbort/Reilly and bring back their RFAs at market rate, bruins will have 6 million to fill 4 spots.

Of course two of those 4 spots belonged to Bergeron and Krejci so more moves should be coming.
They still need to do something else if they plan to resign swayman and bertuzzi

they are at 6/7/2 and $11M in space for 9 players.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They still need to do something else if they plan to resign swayman and bertuzzi

they are at 6/7/2 and $11M in space for 9 players.

They are fine on Swayman. Bertuzzi would require dollar in and dollar out. I suspect Ullmark and Gryz are on the block.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022

I would consider trading a top 6 winger who was very productive last year, a top 4 dman, a bottom pairing defender and a Vezina winning goaltender all to get cap compliant is a little of cap hell, at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00