Speculation: Major move or moves coming in Boston?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I would consider trading a top 6 winger who was very productive last year, a top 4 dman, a bottom pairing defender and a Vezina winning goaltender all to get cap compliant is a little of cap hell, at least.

I mean they don’t have to do anything else to get cap compliant.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Hope not , not the player the Bruins should be going after..........
Honest question, why?

Is it the locker room/leadership in question?

Or do you think he's just not worth it?

I don't think the Bruins are in a place to be particularly picky with who they are going to get... so whomever they can realistically acquire is going to have some sort of cons in the pro/con list. There is just not a lot of assets to work with or more so, not a lot that can't be beat out by most other teams offers.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Honest question, why?

Is it the locker room/leadership in question?

Or do you think he's just not worth it?

I don't think the Bruins are in a place to be particularly picky with who they are going to get... so whomever they can realistically acquire is going to have some sort of cons in the pro/con list. There is just not a lot of assets to work with or more so, not a lot that can't be beat out by most other teams offers.
There is a lot of reasons I think they should stay away , I don't discount his 42 goals , but his face offs ,defense is weak . I also do go back to his attitude ,and I question his ability to be a winner , I had watch them going into the playoffs in past years and said they will tough in the playoffs when they were starting with that roster and a top notch goaltender and they failed , don't get me wrong should not be just on one player but.......... I also was reading about how Laine was treated not cool when you have a 18 year old who was producing for and gets dumped on , now there was talk of him being a prima dona ,that I don't know for sure but it does make you think . Also what is the cost to get him and his contract this year and when it runs out ..........Bottom line in my thinking is their could be a good chance of buyers remorse in the future.......

Reactions: TooMuchMan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2