Magnus Nygren should be at Habs training camp

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
No, but it does have highest violent crime rate in Ontario. Lefebrve isn't the greatest coach ever known in the AHL. Nygren should have stayed...he'd likely be in NHL now. But he didn't, do you give him a second chance or let him finish his career in Sweden?

He had 2 1st rounder in front of him in Hamilton an NHL vet in Drewiskie. Another guy close to the NHL in Patryn and like 8 D-man in MTL. He was not close to a recall at all.

People act like he walked out Grabovski style.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He had 2 1st rounder in front of him in Hamilton an NHL vet in Drewiskie. Another guy close to the NHL in Patryn and like 8 D-man in MTL. He was not close to a recall at all.

People act like he walked out Grabovski style.

Drewiske was out for 90% of the season with an injury. On top of this he was outplaying all three of our "Hamilton big three" in every single game he played.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
No, but it does have highest violent crime rate in Ontario. Lefebrve isn't the greatest coach ever known in the AHL. Nygren should have stayed...he'd likely be in NHL now. But he didn't, do you give him a second chance or let him finish his career in Sweden?

Saying it has one of the highest crime rates in Ontario is like saying she's one of the ugliest girls in the ms. Universe pageant. http://globalnews.ca/news/742511/ontario-has-lowest-reported-crime-rate-in-canada-statscan/

Plenty, if not the majority of NHL cities have much more crime than hamilton.

This isn't even about that. It's about a guy who quit on his team mid season. Shows ZERO character to an organization that sees character as the primary asset it's looking for in players.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Saying it has one of the highest crime rates in Ontario is like saying she's one of the ugliest girls in the ms. Universe pageant. http://globalnews.ca/news/742511/ontario-has-lowest-reported-crime-rate-in-canada-statscan/

Plenty, if not the majority of NHL cities have much more crime than hamilton.

This isn't even about that. It's about a guy who quit on his team mid season. Shows ZERO character to an organization that sees character as the primary asset it's looking for in players.

A lot of people have told me Hamilton is a slummy town. Chances are there is something to it.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
A lot of people have told me Hamilton is a slummy town. Chances are there is something to it.
If he can't go through Hamilton and Lefebvre how can we expect him to perform acceptably here? Even Subban had to "survive" Hamilton.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hamilton is just one of those cities where you avoid anything that doesn't look like a really, really nice area. It's got an insecure, small town mentality where people tend to glare at you. IIRC there was alot of crackhead activity last summer, like people chasing pregnant women around with screwdrivers and random knife attacks.

Habs management should take better steps to making sure their prospects find decent apartments and stay out of the meth district(s).

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Hamilton is just one of those cities where you avoid anything that doesn't look like a really, really nice area. It's got an insecure, small town mentality where people tend to glare at you. IIRC there was alot of crackhead activity last summer, like people chasing pregnant women around with screwdrivers and random knife attacks.

Habs management should take better steps to making sure their prospects find decent apartments and stay out of the meth district(s).

Or move their team to Laval like they were going to do.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Ok again, none of the other Bulldog players left, EVER. Hamilton may not be the garden of Eden but it's also not Iraq or Afghanistan either. And it's way better than Winnipeg, buffalo, Detroit, Edmonton etc. Could he not play in any of those cities either or would he be too scared?

Mo

Jan 17, 2006
Hamilton is an absolute hole, not better than any of the cities you mentioned. Such a dump.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I don't care where our players develop. I don't care.

Sweden
Russia
Czech
Canada
America
University Leagues
Finland
Hamilton

If they can play they can play. Bring them onto the team if they can play. I would actually support or homegrown players deciding to develop in another hockey market country.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I don't care where our players develop. I don't care.
I agree with you but he said he wants to play in the NHL.

And as far as his development is going he is probably peaking until he gets NHL experience.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I agree with you but he said he wants to play in the NHL.

And as far as his development is going he is probably peaking until he gets NHL experience.

You're absolutely right. He's 24 years old. It's now or late.

There is an easy way around this. He doesn't have to go to Hamilton. Bring him to training, say wow he really impresses us, bring him on the team for pre-season. He probably will get chirped alot by the players, for sure, but tough it out. If he can help he can help

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
they should just move the ahl team to St John's Newfoundland, great building, amazing fans but no team wants to play there cause it's too far away, one place it isn't too far away from is Montreal

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Emelin refused to go through Hamilton, worked out. :dunno:

But Nygren didn't refuse. He went to Hamilton and then abandoned his team. Had he stayed in Europe we wouldn't be having this discussion because it would be like Emelin. There are Habs and Bulldogs who were there when Nygren cut and run. You don't have much respect for a teammate that does that in the middle of the season. I promise you he isn't a popular person in the Bulldogs locker room.

You think Jarred Tinordi or Greg Pateryn want him on the team just because he has a slapper? Think Dustin Tokarski is thinking, "Oh yeah, this guy is totally gonna goto war for me when he gets frightened playing in the Hammer"? Think anyone on the Bulldogs is going to endorse Nygren as a loyal teammate in Montreal?

If Nygren wants to make the Habs, he has to do it through Hamilton. He has to say, "I'm sorry, I will play in Hamilton and prove myself". Then he can see if he can earn a promotion. Any other way is a slap in the face to the team.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
But Nygren didn't refuse. He went to Hamilton and then abandoned his team. Had he stayed in Europe we wouldn't be having this discussion because it would be like Emelin. There are Habs and Bulldogs who were there when Nygren cut and run. You don't have much respect for a teammate that does that in the middle of the season. I promise you he isn't a popular person in the Bulldogs locker room.

You think Jarred Tinordi or Greg Pateryn want him on the team just because he has a slapper? Think Dustin Tokarski is thinking, "Oh yeah, this guy is totally gonna goto war for me when he gets frightened playing in the Hammer"? Think anyone on the Bulldogs is going to endorse Nygren as a loyal teammate in Montreal?

If Nygren wants to make the Habs, he has to do it through Hamilton. He has to say, "I'm sorry, I will play in Hamilton and prove myself". Then he can see if he can earn a promotion. Any other way is a slap in the face to the team.

Yes, this is all of course, true. Yes his respect level amongst players in this organization is definatley very, very low.

However, It only matters what Bergevin decides. These situations happen in life.

Want to know something that is true as well?

No matter what. It is in our best interests to have all our players and prospects succeed.

No matter the situation. The hurdles that have to be overcome. The attitude problems. The discrepancies in moral values. The cultural differences. The clashes in personalities.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
No matter what. It is in our best interests to have all our players and prospects succeed.

And if you take a look at how Bergevin handled Danny Kristo, plus his words that the road to Montreal goes through Hamilton? Pretty clear to me how he looks at a guy like Nygren.

He was likely offering him up for a fifth round pick the other night but nobody was biting since none of the NHL GMs are Montreal Canadiens message board posters.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
And if you take a look at how Bergevin handled Danny Kristo, plus his words that the road to Montreal goes through Hamilton? Pretty clear to me how he looks at a guy like Nygren.

He was likely offering him up for a fifth round pick the other night but nobody was biting since none of the NHL GMs are Montreal Canadiens message board posters.

Yeah the Kristo trade really helped this franchise.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Awesome Hahahahahaha. That's a wicked picture!

I don't think it's funny at all. How would you like it if someone posted a picture of you like that? And if Nygren sees it, do you think that will make him happy to play for fans that do this? ****ing internet. Just gross.

Hamilton is a sesspool

/thread

I'm cpeechless.

The way I see it there will be a huge battle in training camp for the spots on D.

I think Nygren impresses but goes back to Sweden for at least one more year... too many bodies right now.

I might be wrong but I think this is Nygren's last year signed...

IIRC there was alot of crackhead activity last summer, like people chasing pregnant women around with screwdrivers and random knife attacks.

You should work for the Hamilton tourism board.

they should just move the ahl team to St John's Newfoundland, great building, amazing fans but no team wants to play there cause it's too far away, one place it isn't too far away from is Montreal

I would love Maritimes. Think St. John's is taken though...Bring back Halifax. If not go with Laval.

There are Habs and Bulldogs who were there when Nygren cut and run. You don't have much respect for a teammate that does that in the middle of the season. I promise you he isn't a popular person in the Bulldogs locker room.

If Nygren wants to make the Habs, he has to do it through Hamilton.

Joke. AHL are either used up former NHL players, or young guys that can earn millions in NHL. They want the best possible player on their team. How the hell do you know what Hamilton players think of him? You live in dreamland. And he 'has to do it through Hamilton'. Why? Because of a soundbite from MB that you took seriously?

Yes, this is all of course, true. Yes his respect level amongst players in this organization is definatley very, very low.

However, It only matters what Bergevin decides. These situations happen in life.

Want to know something that is true as well?

No matter the situation. The hurdles that have to be overcome. The attitude problems. The discrepancies in moral values. The cultural differences. The clashes in personalities.

Great post. Realistic and understanding of the world in 2014.

Last edited:

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
The past is in the past. Nygrem might blaze us away with his size and his skills. He's gonna turn 25 on the 7th of july. He's rocking the SEL. What more do you want ? I think the city of Hamilton and honestly Ontario in general sucks too. Who cares ? If he improves during the summer and steals a spot on the line-up, I'd be extatic. RD !

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yeah the Habs have been burned in the past by placing too much emphasis on kids not wanting to go to their farm club. It's kind of hypocritical when you consider how much we want to woo and spoil established NHL players to get them to sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad