Post-Game Talk: MAFight Night in Pittsburgh, Penguins-5, Canadiens - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+Maatta, he always bounces back. After a bad shift, after a bad game.
+JJ's line(s)
+Letang/Scuds looked better for the first time in a while
+Martin back up to speed pretty fast, covering up for Bruce's tomfoolery
+Pyatt playing smart and well
+Adams was not as awful as usual

IMO, most encouraging thing really about the last couple of games. He was in a pretty bad swoon 10-14 days ago and really looks like he's worked his way through it.

Too much pickle stabbing still with Maatta-Nisky, but even with it, that's the team's best defensive pairing, IMO.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
- Sid

Was poopy until he scored. I'm pretty convinced he's checked out mentally with Kobasew. Maybe that's histrionicsssssssssss, I dunno. But he sure seems like a different player when he can have some offensive zone time.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
- Sid

Was poopy until he scored. I'm pretty convinced he's checked out mentally with Kobasew. Maybe that's histrionicsssssssssss, I dunno. But he sure seems like a different player when he can have some offensive zone time.

That wrist shot off the bar damn. And who set him up? You guessed it Megna

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Should we call him MMAF from now on?

+ Geno
+ Joker
+ Pyatty eyes
+ Letang - stinking up the powerplay notwithstanding
+ Megna Fox - noticable on all 4 shifts
+ Maatta and Nisky
= Martin and Scuds starting to get their feet under them
= Orpik not completely stinking it up
- Despres - so fat and annoying

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Fleury's an idiot. No reason to entertain a backup like Budaj.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
- Sid

Steiggy: Kobasew is back in the 3rd period, that´s good news for Pittsburgh.

As for Sid, he started with Kobasew = started kinda slowly. Could´ve scored 6 goals tonight, though. That´s how many prime opportunities he had. Loved his football skills again when handling that pass in the 2nd period. He was solid after all.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Hey Kirk, what does Jokinen bring to Malkin's line again?

Regardless of who he plays with, Jokinen tends to go several games being invisible, then gets points like crazy within two or three games, then disappears again.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Fleury's an idiot. No reason to entertain a backup like Budaj.

Yeah, it wasn't a smart move on his part. If we had Vokoun sitting on the bench, it'd be slightly different. He breaks a hand, and we're thanking the hockey Gods we have such a huge lead in the conference.

Michael8771*

Regardless of who he plays with, Jokinen tends to go several games being invisible, then gets points like crazy within two or three games, then disappears again.
That's how I view Sutter, and he's much worse at doing it.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
The best part about MAF going out to face Budaj was that it seemed, to me anyway, that when Fleury was ditching the equipment, he was throwing it at the feet of the ref to try to trip him up and get around him.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009

Compared to the rest of our wingers that go several games being invisible, then go more games being invisible?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
- Sid

1. Poopy is pretty ******* harsh.

2. I don't disagree with your assessment. It would be nice if Sid had someone with him who could create a little space on his own, challenge guys 1 on 1, etc.

3. Nobody, not even Mario, could be God every game. But, Sid (and Geno for that matter) needs to go God in every game to rack up decent points in the regular season and to have a fighting chance against teams like Boston in the playoffs. Some see that as an indictment of Shero. Others don't and use words like 'fine' to describe some of their linemates over the years. Me (and I think you) . . . I figure, you got an advantage, exploit it, don't mitigate it. I'm not asking for Sharpe and Hossa, but at least give Sid and Geno enough that, if they go God against a team like Boston, they'll be forces and, even if they don't go God, they've got enough help to make positive impacts.

4. Just got back from walking my female doggy. She ran into a 16 week old boy Lab. Exchanged smells, then she growled at him to sit down. Told him it's basically downhill from here where dealing with women are concerned. ;)

Fire Shero*

Nice to see the pens destroy a team.

-refs preventing fleury from fighting
+juicy
+Malkin
+fleury
+Crosby

So are we just going to ride out this whole Kobasew debacle until the deadline???

Muscles4Malkin

Better 2015-16?
Aug 3, 2007
Turku
After tonights game, I really hope that Bylma will give a chance for Despres with Martin.

Scuderi - Letang
Despres - Martin
Määttä - Niskanen

At least as a showcase. Let Orpik sit once for a while. I'd ask GM's what they offer for Orpik and what for Despres. Let the best offer win.

Michael8771*

I think it's kind of ridiculous to criticize JJ in terms of consistency when you got Sutter who seldom shows up on the score sheet. I don't see Sutter getting criticized. And frankly he's deserving of it far more than Jokinen who's having a very nice season for himself.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
1. Poopy is pretty ******* harsh.

2. I don't disagree with your assessment. It would be nice if Sid had someone with him who could create a little space on his own, challenge guys 1 on 1, etc.

3. Nobody, not even Mario, could be God every game. But, Sid (and Geno for that matter) needs to go God in every game to rack up decent points in the regular season and to have a fighting chance against teams like Boston in the playoffs. Some see that as an indictment of Shero. Others don't and use words like 'fine' to describe some of their linemates over the years. Me (and I think you) . . . I figure, you got an advantage, exploit it, don't mitigate it. I'm not asking for Sharpe and Hossa, but at least give Sid and Geno enough that, if they go God against a team like Boston, they'll be forces and, even if they don't go God, they've got enough help to make positive impacts.

4. Just got back from walking my female doggy. She ran into a 16 week old boy Lab. Exchanged smells, then she growled at him to sit down. Told him it's basically downhill from here where dealing with women are concerned. ;)

haha wtf. you're so random ;)

As for the rest, it doesn't even need to be someone "good" at this point. Just someone who doesn't end offensive possessions.

If someone can name a shift he contributed offensively while on the Sid/Kunitz line, I'd love to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad