Confirmed with Link: MAF to Hawks

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Ya I don't see the "way gave up too much for S.Jones take" sure they gave up Boqvist (I wasn't that high on him anyway), Sillinger (big woop) and probably a later first in the 20's. The contract I can see a little complaining as 9.5 is a lot but going forth that's what 1D's are getting now and they aren't easy to get. We still got the keep Dach, Dcat and Reichel. I have no complaints.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
This Team is deep in talent (On D very Deep /Forward Deep but not many high celings /G is respectable ) With Adam he is a good kid and very talented but looks to be soft , small and injury prone so all things considered Bowman paid a lot but Seth should be an awesome addition .

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
Ya I don't see the "way gave up too much for S.Jones take" sure they gave up Boqvist (I wasn't that high on him anyway), Sillinger (big woop) and probably a later first in the 20's. The contract I can see a little complaining as 9.5 is a lot but going forth that's what 1D's are getting now and they aren't easy to get. We still got the keep Dach, Dcat and Reichel. I have no complaints.

Next year's pick being in the 20s means we're comfortably in the playoffs. I'm curious to see where the professional prognosticators rank the Hawks this year in preseason predictions. There could be a lot of variation with all the roster turnover.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Reactions: SnakePlissken

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
No Huet???? lol....

Huet made some ridiculous saves but my god he left in some god awful softies too.

Good goaltending often plays an enormous part in a team's success. Oftentimes momentum can swing from one team to the other based off of whether the goalie makes a massive save or lets in a soft goal.

That's the way I've always seen it, anyway. Like a few years back when Darling played lights out against Nashville to get the Hawks past them. I really don't think they would have beaten Nashville that series unless Q made the goaltending switch that series. The Preds had Crow's number that series and Darling had theirs. Unreal performance that I'll never forget.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Huet made some ridiculous saves but my god he left in some god awful softies too.

Good goaltending often plays an enormous part in a team's success. Oftentimes momentum can swing from one team to the other based off of whether the goalie makes a massive save or lets in a soft goal.

That's the way I've always seen it, anyway. Like a few years back when Darling played lights out against Nashville to get the Hawks past them. I really don't think they would have beaten Nashville that series unless Q made the goaltending switch that series. The Preds had Crow's number that series and Darling had theirs. Unreal performance that I'll never forget.
And that series made Darling's career, though short, but still he stayed in the NHL for a few years after that.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Exactly. It's ironic that many other Hawks fans seemed to go out of their way to forget about that performance quickly. (incredibly some even as soon as the same playoff series - the Crawford effect

:rolleyes:
:). )

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Fleury is certainly up there for most athleticism. I've always liked the 'square to the shooter, don't overplay your position' goaltenders (ala Crow or Lehner), but Flower can absolutely be a dynamite goalie and he will be a good addition to this year's roster. I'm excited to see him play in a Hawks sweater.

Reactions: Crow

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Exactly. It's ironic that many other Hawks fans seemed to go out of their way to forget about that performance quickly. (incredibly some even as soon as the same playoff series - the Crawford effect

:rolleyes:
:). )

I say it to anybody that ever brings the series up to me: The Hawks don’t win that round without Darling.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00